What is the REAL reason why you exercise so hard?!

Options

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Build endurance, get results and not waste time ..
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    To feel strong and TO EAT 2,300 calories a day.
  • tarra74
    tarra74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I workout hard because I am fighting to live. I weigh over 600 pounds (or I did - I'm not sure what I weigh because I don't have access to a scales and there is a big difference in my starting picture from August 7th, 2013 so I know I am losing weight). I started out in August on a powdered diet that you just add water to and ate between 600 and 700 calories (that was how I lost all my weight in the past when I weighed 759 at my highest weight and got clear down to where I was thin with a lot of excess skin) because I thought that was the only way I was going to be able to lose weight. But strange things started happening this time that I decided to research online and found out it was caused from Starvation Ketosis. I stopped that diet on September 1, 2013 and started a 1500 calorie diet on September 2, 2013. I knew that after starving myself if I didn't get up and move my behind I was really going to start packing on the weight no matter how healthy I eat. I have to sit down on my bed to do it, but I do kickboxing and that gets my heart rate up and I break out into a sweat doing it, so I know I am burning calories. My mom told me a couple days ago that even though I am eating real food and eating more, she can see that I am still losing weight.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    To look good in tight clothing!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I do it for the bliss.
  • Jason3589
    Options
    I do it because l can, and to prove those doubters wrong. Also made some great friends on here and hope to make even more. Enjoying the ride!!
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Good call I forgot to mention anxiety, or mental health in general! It's helped tremendously with social anxiety and depression

This is a big one for me. I treat my anxiety and depression in other ways but exercise helps in a major way. I definitely notice negative mood changes if I don't work out for a few days in a row. That said, I also work out to look even hotter, blow off steam, boost stamina and endurance for hiking, running, cycling and other stuff (minds out of the gutter, people). Also so I can eat like the piggie monster I am and ogle hot dudes at the gym...:blushing:
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Because I love to.
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It gives me a high. It gets my blood rushing and about 95% of the time just makes me happy.

I used to be depressed. I used to dislike myself - a lot. And all of the other negative baggage that comes with that.

When I started exercising - even though I wasn't losing weight or really seeing progress because I didn't have the diet in there - I immediately started feeling better about myself. Look at all this stuff that I can do! See that puddle on the floor? I made that! It gave me an energy boost and a confidence boost.

And since I started trying to incorporate healthy food habits, it's gotten even better! I don't think I'll ever go back to where I was before ♥
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Because I love seeing head's turn and girls smiling while I'm running shirtless
    Because my ex is a total b!tch and I want to really make sure she knows what she's missing
    Because I hate failing at anything and with strength and stamina comes success
    Because sex gets better with every extra pound you can lift and every other muscle that shows
    but it's for my health and so I feel good because ^these^ reasons make me shallow :cry:

Not shallow, one of those atleast is in the back of everyone elses mind. I want my *kitten* ex to know what hes missing too :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Because there is no way in hell I am only eating 1200-1500 calories per day! lol.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    To have a fit body!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I love to be physically active. I love pushing myself to my physical limits.
  • SpencersKid
    Options
    1. I LOVE the way my husband looks at me (me, a 60+ girl)!

2. If I can extend my ability to remain mobile by attending to diet and exercise, I am in
    because I love to dance.

3. Too many people in my age group are resigned to 'being old'. Whereas, I believe that
    age is a 'state of mind'.

3. Oh, did I say that I love the way my HOT husband looks at me? :)
  • forthehungergames
    Options
    To deal with anxiety. And burn extra calories.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    to look good naked!

This is my real reason.

Also, to have exceptional mobility for as long as possible and to improve and keep up with my dance training.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Mostly because I am seriously addicted. I really think of it like air now. I need exercise every day like I need air, food, and water. And speaking of food...yeah, also so I can eat more. :wink:
  • tsanzo54
    Options
    Tone up, eat a little more, have a better attitude, & get some "me time". :tongue:
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Be stronger, less pain issues from the junk spine I was blessed with, to have a nicer *kitten*, keep the girls in place as I lose weight and the macros (I don't generally eat back my calories, but I do eat my macros MMmMmmm macros).