You will lose this much weight button?

Options
13»

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Mine always gives me a good laugh. Well now it does now that I have gotten used to it's going to give me a way bigger loss number than what is actually going to happen. It's cool I am almost always a lower weight in the five weeks even if it's not as low as estimated, except that time I was retaining gallons of water, I don't think I lost anything for a month (not on the scale anyway).
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The button is my most favorite part of MFP!!! I love it!!!

This. GIving me actual numbers and time frames daily has been super motivating.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Button? It just shows up when I log. I don't hit a button or anything. I really liked it when I first started as I lost pretty closely to that estimate. Now that I am 'turtle dancing', not so much. I am on my computer though, so does a button show up in other apps?
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I hate the button because I use a BMF armband and have daily deficits of 500-1000 calories, so MFP tells me I'm going to gain weight in 5 weeks. LIES!!

I have a BMF too & mine still says lose... hmmmmm? & why r we picking on the poor button everybody? =( lol
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    +1 for liking it
  • LovelyTasha
    Options
    I'm with the OP, I hate that stupid pop-up. EVERYDAY IS NOT LIKE TODAY!
  • AtlantisLoss
    AtlantisLoss Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like it when I achieve/am under my calorie goal.
    I don't like it when I'm over.
    But overall i'd keep it if i had the choice.

49331732.png
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just wish we could customize it. I would make mine say something along the lines of "If every day were like this, you'd blossom into a unicorn in 5 weeks

^this... :)
  • beckademic
    beckademic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love the button when I way over bc its like "you f*cked up today, stop doing that or you're gonna haon it all back.

I started tracking what it says(5 weeks out) in my phone cal so I can compare and see if I'm in the general range for the week. I also note of what I was over/under for that day 5 weeks before. Make sense?
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping one day I'll like what it says. I assume it's supposed to be motivational, but...
    Every evening after I click that button, I say to my husband "Guess what honey!?! In five weeks, I'll still be fat!" And he replies "But not AS fat."

This made me laugh. Sounds like the same motivation my fiance gives me.

Honestly, I like the button. I know it's not accurate but so long as it says a number lower than I currently am, it feels good. And on the days I go over it's a good kick in the butt to show me I'm blowing it if I keep eating like that.

Tonight I had a a real restaurant dessert for the first time since I started logging. The message showed I would gain weight if I kept eating as I had - lesson learned! Back to the straight and narrow (for a while).
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    I like it... It makes me realise My goals are achievable and that I will get there by doing what I'm doing! :bigsmile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I like the daily one as well. Keeps me on the straight and narrow.

What I would really love is a "if you did this each week in 5 weeks you would be..." message. :love:
This discussion has been closed.