Do guys prefer straight or curly hair?

Options

Replies

• csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    PREACH IT, GRRRLLL!!! We definitely give men too much power (even though they probably don't realize it). Be confident in yourself and how you look, whatever that might look like, and men will be attracted to the confidence that shines through. This means that first, though, you need to love you.

I think this is true. Although, if the guy doesn't realize he has the power, does he really have it, or has it been surrendered into some amorphous void? I think any of us can fall into the trap of placing too much emphasis on what *we* think *others* want. Worse yet, we can also fall into the trap of placing too much emphasis on what a third party (like the media) tells us they want.

The hazard is that those who conform to that percieved "ideal" image then have the confidence that, in my opinion, is the real attention grabber. Growing up, we probably all saw people walking around school, hunched over and staring at the ground as though they wished they could disappear. How many of us found them attractive in that state? And how many saw a very different image when that person was laughing, smiling, and energized? That's part of why I like assessign people by looking them in the eye, because I can read more about them by lookign there. Someone who's dirty and unkempt but has a confident, alive look in their eyes looks better to me than someone who may have a pristine outfit and be immaculately preened but who has no fire in their eyes.

But, back to the hair issue- I don't care either way. If anything, when it comes to aesthetics, I tend to favor that is shoulder-length or longer, but I've also been floored by well-executed short styles, too. It all depends on the individual and how the individual carries herself.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Why, if the answer doesn't comport with your own features are you going to run out and dye your hair and have an iris transplant?

Most of us want to be attractive to whatever sex we're attracted to, but straight women give too much power to straight men. Threads like this only reinforce the notion that a man's opinion of a woman's looks is more important than the woman's opinion of herself.

PREACH IT, GRRRLLL!!! We definitely give men too much power (even though they probably don't realize it). Be confident in yourself and how you look, whatever that might look like, and men will be attracted to the confidence that shines through. This means that first, though, you need to love you.

Yeah men have too much power. That's why women always pay when we go on dates with them, women buy us flowers, give us jewelry, and put in tons of time just to hopefully actually get somewhere. Yup. Men are just too powerful.

With all the hoops we have to jump through the least you women can do is worry a little about your hair.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Like we pay attention to the hair or something.....pfft

2011_Super_Bowl_NewGDCO_Girl_Chest_Tease_Web_Quality.jpg
  • jsd43953
    jsd43953 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I believe wavy or straight it doesnt matter. I think it is more or less the woman in general just like you said..

However rml_16 you are the poster girl for the wavy hair... 100% Certified smoke show

And to further add,.. wavy/curly hair has personality and is definitely sexy
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I believe wavy or straight it doesnt matter. I think it is more or less the woman in general just like you said..

However rml_16 you are the poster girl for the wavy hair... 100% Certified smoke show

And to further add,.. wavy/curly hair has personality and is definitely sexy
    Aw. Thanks.

Mine is beyond wavy! lol I used to HATE it. I would spend hours and hours straightening it, and that was back in the days when everyone and their sister was getting perms. No matter how much my mother tried to convince me they all wanted hair like mine, I wouldn't believe it. :-)

Now it's just so much easier to leave curly. Two minutes out of the shower and I'm good to go.
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    Hahahaaa I have both. I win ALL the guys! :drinker:

Agree!

Also nice bum :D
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    men prefer variety. get the flat iron.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options

Agree!

Also nice bum :D

Thank you =) High 5
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hubby said "curly." :wink:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I prefer shaved.
  • Wolfanoz
    Options
    It's variable for sure. I really dont have a preference as long as it's shoulder length or longer.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really matter, straight hair can be made curly, curly hair can be made straight.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I prefer shaved.

:laugh:
    Nice one Ray.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I find girls with straight hair, curly hair, short hair, and long hair all attractive, same with eye color, and hair color. An attractive woman is an attractive woman.

Amen!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I prefer shaved.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • BoyzRoundHere
    Options
    I agree with candi
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Likewise

tumblr_mjqiu0AfG31rsij98o1_250.gif
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I prefer shaved.

:laugh: :laugh:

Been there, done that. Actually really liked it. Contemplating doing it again.
  • bronwynclark25
    Options
    I'm also interested, as I wear my hair both straight and curly. I like wearing straight for work - feel more sophisticated. What ever I go with - product product product! Straight needs lots of treatement, curly lots of anti frizz. Have to admit I get noticed more by men when I have straight hair - quite obviously but hubby likes it curly.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    If they like me, they better like natural wavy curls :wink: