How do you meet sugar gol?

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I set my sugar goal to 150 grams a day. That made it pretty easy to stay under.

Damnit, I was about to come tell how I just set mine to some stupid number (200 I think.) Oh well.

^What this guy said.

I did go over on August 25. Breakfast alone had 144 grams.

What are cake batter pancakes and why have I never heard of them/eaten them?

Edit: Did they look like this? Please says yes.

cakebatterpancakes.jpg

Do want.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm on a ketogenic diet, limiting carbs to under 20g per day.

Milk is a no-no.

I can eat half a pound of cheese in one sitting, though. :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Are you diagnosed celiac? Otherwise, why no gluten?

You don't eat fruit because it has too much sugar? Please tell me that you're kidding.

I don't track sugar at all. That doesn't mean that I'm eating candy all day, but I get plenty of protein and fat, fiber, and micronutrients from the variety of foods that I eat so the sugar in the fruit, milk and ice cream I eat doesn't matter. And I certainly don't waste my time tracking it.

def this
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Do want.

cake_batter_pancakes.jpg

The pancakes are made with equal parts Bisquick and yellow cake batter. The icing is powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.

There are sprinkles inside the pancakes.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I set my sugar goal to 150 grams a day. That made it pretty easy to stay under.

Your posts look exactly this awesome to me every time I've seen one in the last day or so.
    48a.gif
    Keep up the good work!

omg love this gif lol :heart:
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If sugar from dairy products is a problem, it may be beneficial to start tracking your calcium. You'll probably find that you don't need three glasses of milk per day to meet your calcium requirements. I recently gave up dairy and have had very little problems meeting my calcium requirements.
  • SunshineRox007
    SunshineRox007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am no expert, but I never count sugar from fruits and find myself going over my sugar goals quite often. I tend to keep a closer watch on the sodium intake, but as long as I stay under my calories I don't stress over being over the sugar by a few gs.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Do want.

The pancakes are made with equal parts Bisquick and yellow cake batter. The icing is powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk.

There are sprinkles inside the pancakes.

Yep, do want. Gonna have to try these.
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    This issue causes so much confusion I'm surprised MFP still has sugar as a default tracking macro. Keep in mind you can have a pretty horrendous diet and a low sugar level and a good diet with a higher sugar level. But if sugar is important to you, look for non-dairy sources of calcium, or switch to unsweetened yogurt and cheese.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    So much of my sugar comes from fresh fruit that I don't sweat going over. I politely turn down almost every piece of candy, or baked dessert I am offered and limit my bread to a couple of slices of whole grain for my daily sandwich at lunch time.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

OK, doctor.

Oh, wait. I mean "health professional."

lol. i'm a data analyst / business intelligence architect for a very large hospital management company. but whatevs.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,240 Member
    Options
    I just don't track sugar. If you have diabetes or something related to it where sugar is a specific problem, then tracking it makes sense. If you don't then it makes much more sense to just track carbs, protein, fat and fiber.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

OK, doctor.

lol. i'm a data analyst / business intelligence architect for a very large hospital management company. but whatevs.

Did you really call yourself a "health professional" and then admit that you're a data analyst? ROFLMAO! :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Why all the disdain for those who wish to eliminate gluten? True gluten allergies are rare. But sensitivities may not be. If someone feels better eliminating it, who is anyone else to judge (and sneer)?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23937528
  • nasharp1
    nasharp1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going over the sugar count for the day. The default seems too low no matter what I do. I'll consider changing it to something more reasonable or removing it altogether.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    "Please take this to your car care professional, and have an A1 day."
    Mom! You forgot to say it!

Where did the cake batter pancakes come in to the discussion? Junior's breakfast or something?

Yeah, the sugar limit's pretty ridonk, so I just ignore it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OK, doctor.

No, not "whatevs"..talk about misleading!

You said:
    i am a very educated health care professional

This insinuates something along the lines of being a nurse or doctor. A data analyst working at a hospital management company (not even an actual hospital but either way) in no way makes you a health professional.

Now everytime I see someone say they are a health professional I'm going to ask, "You sure?"
  • sobriquet84
    Options

OK, doctor.

You said:

This insinuates something along the lines of being a nurse or doctor. A data analyst working at a hospital management company (not even an actual hospital but either way) in no way makes you a health professional.

Now everytime I see someone say they are a health professional I'm going to ask, "You sure?"

seriously???? first of all, a hospital management company is basically saying i work for and at MANY hospitals, nationwide. my company only OWNS the freaking hospitals. second, you clearly have no idea what i do for a living or the education and experience that is required. but "whatevs".
  • sobriquet84
    Options
    have no idea how this internet pissing match started. jeeze, all because i supported the OP by saying that gluten sensitivity is a real thing. man, some people really get their panties in a bunch over the silliest things, especially over things they refuse to understand or learn about.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OK, doctor.

You said:

seriously???? first of all, a hospital management company is basically saying i work for and at MANY hospitals, nationwide. my company only OWNS the freaking hospitals. second, you clearly have no idea what i do for a living or the education and experience that is required. but "whatevs".

original.gif

P.S. Data analyst still =/= health professional :flowerforyou: