Any exercise fitness gurus? Really gross belly pics*WARNED

Options
Okay, so its taking a lot for me to post these photos. However, I feel its kind of necessary to get to my point.

The pounds aren't a big deal to me anymore. I got this belly, from gaining 80 pounds due to pregnancy 7 years ago. I was 236 lbs. the day I gave birth.

NOW, I'm 157 5'7"

I don't care too be a "skinny" girl, as I am naturally "curvy" if you will, I don't know what my "shape" is considered.

That being said, I want to "tone" my body and build muscle. I however I'm scared if I lose more weight, I will lose my butt!! LOL I know some don't like having a big butt, but I do.

I don't exactly know how to go about it. Today I am on day 3 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred skipping level 1, and started on level 2. And yesterday I walked 2 miles fast paced, as my daughters stroller wheels wouldn't let me "JOG" Which is what I wanted to do.

I just don't know if I should do cardio, or something else? What exercises should I be doing to build muscle and tighten up my areas?

Also, what should I be eating, 1200 cals? or more? How much Protein? Should I be limiting something? carbs, sugar? IDK!!

I'm just a bit overwhelmed, and found MFP and wanted to jump in and start somewhere. But now that I think about it If I do mostly "CARDIO" walking, whatever... that's going to make me lose more weight, or no?

Pretty much, I want a strong body, but obviously not she-hulk. And I don't want to be a "stick"
I also have no idea about exercising, the30day shred is HARD for me, so I need to kind of "ease" into something.

Onto the pictures, my stomach is disgusting and i'm sure exercise cant help that. So I am more or so worried about the REST of my body. My "love handles", inner and back thighs, my arms, and I want my butt more "high" LOL

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT LOOK!!!! At least you have a choice :)

9-913side.jpg

9-9-13front.jpg

USE9-9-13.jpg

9-913back.jpg

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was going to fix your pictures but you removed them lol just change the to lower case
  • ohmyjiggle
    ohmyjiggle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was going to fix your pictures but you removed them lol just change the to lower case

LOL thanks, I got it!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Honestly? My number one thought was, "Maybe talk to someone." If you are that abrasively down on yourself and your body image, "fixing" everything won't necessarily make you happy once you reach any of those goals. You're a healthy weight and certainly don't look "really gross."

Otherwise, look up your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) on various calculators. Try subtracting 20% from this number (though maybe even 10-15%). That'll help with further body fat loss at a slower rate... which will help with maintaining lower weights for longer, help with not losing LBM (lean body mass, or muscle), and will help with skin elasticity.

You don't need to limit anything unless you have a medical condition, or find you feel better without certain things.

You say you feel overwhelmed with all the info... just start slow. Try eating the set amount of calories you'd fine from those calculators. Look up programs for lifting (Like Stronglifts 5x5 or "New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW)" or even cardio (Couch to 5k comes to mind) that dictate exactly what to do (as this might help with the overwhelming feeling of trying to piece together everything yourself). Try them out and see if you like what happens.

And for the love of MFP, don't be so down on your appearance.

Edited to add: With lifting, this actually will help your "trouble" zones more than you think by maintaining LBM while losing body fat (which has resulted in many women who have given birth to get stomachs they never thought they could). You can't spot reduce where fat comes off, but lifting helps strengthen the muscles in these areas... which helps lose body fat from everywhere. And with lifting? You certainly won't lose a butt after doing squats and deadlifts.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    JEEZ!! You are beautiful!! Seriously.

That extra skin, is just that, extra. It happens to some with pregnancy and weight gain for sure. You can have it removed by way of tummy tuck if it drives you crazy but seriously, you're gorgeous.

Give yourself a break.

Eating well and exercising are both good for you, so for this reason do both.
    In the meantime I'm sure you're turning heads all over town.
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    Honestly? My number one thought was, "Maybe talk to someone." If you are that abrasively down on yourself and your body image, "fixing" everything won't necessarily make you happy once you reach any of those goals. You're a healthy weight and certainly don't look "really gross."

Otherwise, look up your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) on various calculators. Try subtracting 20% from this number (though maybe even 10-15%). That'll help with further body fat loss at a slower rate... which will help with maintaining lower weights for longer, help with not losing LBM (lean body mass, or muscle), and will help with skin elasticity.

You don't need to limit anything unless you have a medical condition, or find you feel better without certain things.

You say you feel overwhelmed with all the info... just start slow. Try eating the set amount of calories you'd fine from those calculators. Look up programs for lifting (Like Stronglifts 5x5 or "New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW)" or even cardio (Couch to 5k comes to mind) that dictate exactly what to do (as this might help with the overwhelming feeling of trying to piece together everything yourself). Try them out and see if you like what happens.

And for the love of MFP, don't be so down on your appearance.

Edited to add: With lifting, this actually will help your "trouble" zones more than you think by maintaining LBM while losing body fat (which has resulted in many women who have given birth to get stomachs they never thought they could). You can't spot reduce where fat comes off, but lifting helps strengthen the muscles in these areas... which helps lose body fat from everywhere. And with lifting? You certainly won't lose a butt after doing squats and deadlifts.

I wasn't being "down" on myself it IS what is IT! GROSS. For some reason it doesn't look as bad in the photos? I know im a healthy weight, that's why I said I didn't care to lose anymore, that's why I said become stronger toned, etc. I lack "DEFINITION" if you will. But thank you for your advice, I've read about lifting but was not sure how to go about it? I will look into the things you mentioned. Thank you :)
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options

That extra skin, is just that, extra. It happens to some with pregnancy and weight gain for sure. You can have it removed by way of tummy tuck if it drives you crazy but seriously, you're gorgeous.

Give yourself a break.

Thanks dear, I'm aware of the tummy tuck LOL however I cant afford It right now. IT DOES DRIVE ME CRAZY. But I was asking in terms of the rest of my body. :) thanks
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Give yourself a break.

QFT!!!
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you girl! My tummy is the same after 2 sections with almost 10lb babies. I actually think that the smaller I am the worse my tummy looks! I am hoping to get the tummy tuck once we know for sure we are done with having kids. We may have one more.

For now, I am just worried about being healthy and strong.

Curious to see if there is anything else that could help, but I seriously doubt it. But I can hope right?!?!

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I kept waiting to see gross pictures. They never came. That's a pretty average post-pregnancy pic- don't be so hard on yourself! Just eat well and do some strength training.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I kept waiting to see gross pictures. They never came. That's a pretty average post-pregnancy pic- don't be so hard on yourself! Just eat well and do some strength training.

Yes. So whats the problem here? Dont see one. Just do what she said keep going and youll be fine. Its not going to happen overnight, just keep at it.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    lol If those belly pics are "really gross" I don't even want to know what mine are!

Care to trade? :flowerforyou:
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1. you are gorgeous.
    2. im disappointed in the lack of grossness in your pics. i was expecting blood guts and gore :sad:
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    you haven't seen a stomach until you've seen mine! I wish I had a tummy like yours seriously. I could send you pics but you would be scarred for life. please be happy with what you have. there are people who have worse tummys than that
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    See a mental health professional to work on how you see yourself? You are lovely and your abdomen is not, in ANY WAY, gross.

Aside from that -- you can't spot reduce fat. My non-expert suggestion is to eat at a very small deficit (.5 a week) and lift..
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    1. you are gorgeous.
    2. im disappointed in the lack of grossness in your pics. i was expecting blood guts and gore :sad:

YOU GUYS ARE KIDDING MEEE!!!

If you've ever seen the movie shallow hal, that's how I am feeling right now. I am not HALLUCINATING!
    lol It is horrible! That's not even the worse part, Underneath where my pants are covering is a wrinkled crinkled gross FLAP. But I wasn't trying to GROSS people out that bad...

Thanks though
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I can tell u the "high butt" comes from doing weighted squats and deadlifts. I had a flat bum until I started lifting....
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    you haven't seen a stomach until you've seen mine! I wish I had a tummy like yours seriously. I could send you pics but you would be scarred for life. please be happy with what you have. there are people who have worse tummys than that

PLEASE DO SEND PICS!!

Everywhere I look I cant find any worse then mine, so am I just the only one showing... or WHAT?

If I bend over its like a butt hanging of skin, yaaaah that's sexy?
  • ohmyjiggle
    Options
    See a mental health professional to work on how you see yourself? You are lovely and your abdomen is not, in ANY WAY, gross.

Aside from that -- you can't spot reduce fat. My non-expert suggestion is to eat at a very small deficit (.5 a week) and lift..

How is that not gross? I have NO BELLY BUTTON!!!
    How many of these do you see on the beach?

Oh and I cant afford a mental health professional lol.

I think lifting is what is calling me, this post wasn't supposed to be about my stomach, but I was just warning ahead. lol
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have kids so I have the same tummy. I wouldn't say gross but I feel your pain. That being said. I would recommend squats to help tighten up and probably lift your butt, Google the 30 day butt challenge. In regards to the toning, there are a lot of different programs out there, there are also topics that you can search on the forum. There are also Youtube videos that you can get routines from.

Clean eating and ab work along with the toning exercise will help lessen the belly fat, however, may not fully eliminate it

Good luck :)
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above....just wanted to add that looking like a "she-hulk" takes a crapload of work and dedication and would have to be intentional...so DO NOT be shy about lifting! It is the best way to get to where you seem to want to be.