The best energy supplement, in your opinion.

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sleep. Make sure you get enough of it.

precisly what I was going to say.

sleep.

I know I don't get enough. Otherwise I don't take supplements. Few people I know actually truly need them- most people just need to put down the twinkies and work harder for the results they want.

past that for morning energy- coffee.

I drink mine only with whip cream. delicious.
  • Butterflymomto2
    Butterflymomto2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love ViSalus Go its Instant energy but comes with none of the bad stuff that 5 hr energy gives you! I also have tried the ViSalus Neuro Raspberry Boost Drink. You can check it out at Vi.net and or ViSalus.com If I have any of these then I don't need coffee.

Some day's I need to use the above..but mostly if I am exercising, eating clean (NOT 100%) , getting the sleep and drinking my Shakeology then I usually don't feel tired. Sometimes I do need the above!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I love ViSalus Go its Instant energy but comes with none of the bad stuff that 5 hr energy gives you! I also have tried the ViSalus Neuro Raspberry Boost Drink. You can check it out at Vi.net and or ViSalus.com If I have any of these then I don't need coffee.

Some day's I need to use the above..but mostly if I am exercising, eating clean, getting the sleep and drinking my Shakeology then I usually don't feel tired. Sometimes I do need the above!

if you are using body by VI- I wouldn't really call that "eating clean"
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Do not get fooled by supplement companies with their "energy boosting" bs like special vitamins or minerals or plant leaves from the depths of Machu Picchu combined with soil from Tuvalu. These are all scams. You don't need that stuff and neither does your wallet.

Remember energy = calories. Calories give our body energy, fuel, performance or whatever you want to call it.

The only effective low calorie/calorie free "energy" boosting things out items you most likely already have in your home. Black coffee, music (whether it's old school hip hop or country!), motivation videos on YouTube (eg How Bad Do You Want It?), a hot/cold shower and family/friends who have worked their butt off to be successful.

lol, unless you're getting your vitamin/mineral RDA (which differs based on sex, age, certain conditions, ect) from food only, then no, energy does not simply JUST equal calories.

also, there is a lot of food that will make you more tired after eating it. sorry, i'm going to disagree with you within the context of her question. a calorie is a specific UNIT of energy, but in terms of the human body, there's a lot more that goes into the equation.
  • Butterflymomto2
    Butterflymomto2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Some day's I need to use the above..but mostly if I am exercising, eating clean, getting the sleep and drinking my Shakeology then I usually don't feel tired. Sometimes I do need the above!

if you are using body by VI- I wouldn't really call that "eating clean"

Like I said, Im not totally eating clean 100%...maybe I need to reword what I said!
  • Noam3k
    Options
    I started taking Cayenne pepper (Capsicum) per my doctor's suggestion for some digestive problems and it turned out to also give me quite a bit of energy, even more than caffeine. It took a while to get the dosage just right because if I took too much my heart rate increased too much or it caused heart burn. You could try that, or just take a caffeine pill or coffee. Something I also like is Yerba Mate tea, but that's an acquired taste but if you like it it has more natural caffeine than coffee.
    Yup, yerba mate is definitely the thing.
    There are lot's of flavored with dried fruits or herbal ones so she could probably find something for herself.
    For the ultimate kick i would suggest Canarias (its pretty much ground to powder and has a strong 'rooty' taste), Cruz de Malta(red package) or Pajarito (herbal Pajarito has a pretty strong mint taste but it's so goddamn refreshing, even cold !)

You can also try something like 'CoGuBean coffee' which has:
    *Coffee
    *Green Tea
    *Yerba Mate
    *Guarana
    *Citrus Aurantium

it tastes pretty much like coffee but it's a bit stronger.
    Eventually you could use some thermogenic fatburner, most of these have caffeine in them and help a lot when dieting.
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    RoxyLean. It is amazzzzing, I love it!!!! I get it at GNC. I don't drink coffee or tea so just one of these little guys helps me out in the a.m. :)

I love it too!