Whats you goal weight and why?

Options
Hi guys,

I have been on my weight loss journey for a while and ive always changed in my mind what id like my goal weight to be. I realised that ive always allowed my choice to be affected my celebrities, or what my friends look like or family instead of what a healthy weight is!

im 5 foot 6 and now i know if I aim for 135lbs thats fair, i dont need to be 120 lbs because thats what is the 'ideal'. This has actually helped me control my diet more and actually shed pounds quicker. ive learnt to also focus on what I look like and not what the pound say!

whats you guys experience with this topic?

Ive also made a video about my current diet. Feel free to check it out and let me know if you have any tips!

Thanks

D
xx

Replies

• scottdsexton
    scottdsexton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My weight loss goal started about 6 months ago to be in the middle of the "normal" BMI range for my height and age. For me that was 170 pounds which was 35 pounds of weight I need to lose. I've lost 30 so I am nearing my goal and I am getting excited!
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 111 lbs... Give or take depending on the day. I am happy at this weight and i want to stay this way cuz i feel good and i fall within normal bmi range.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 160. I am 5'9" and I am 168. My starting weight was191. I am thinking maybe 150 now.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 130-140 is good for me, too. It use to be about being thin, not it's about being able to pass my firefighter physical.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 9 stone 7 as that is the middle of the healthy range for me. I think I am probably going to want to be closer to 9 stone - but I will see how I feel when I get to my first goal :-)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11. I am aiming for a range of 110-115 lbs. I was happy there before and I know I will be happy maintaining there again. It's a good weight range for my height. I started out at 160+.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" as well and my goal weight is 127 that way I can fluctuate a few pounds and still be under 130. I reached 130 in a very unhealthy way but I really liked the way my body looked and felt then so I hope to get back there the right way.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hoping to get to 180 which would move my BMI from the overweight to the healthy category. (When I started near the first of the year I was well into the obese category so I'm making progress).
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I''d like to be at, about, 170 pounds because I've been there before and most people(and me) thought I looked good at that weight...I would still be in the (low) overweight category on the BMI, but I think that it's a good weight for me...

Reaan:smokin:
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    120lbs because the lowest I've been was 135 and that's not good for enough for me. I gained about 10-15lbs over the last 9 months so no I'm on the road to lose 20. My weight has been my focus since I was 11 years old. It's time I finally reached a "happy" where I could feel comfortable in myself.
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" too and aiming for 127(ish). The lowest I've been was 132lbs a few years ago, that was without really trying - just had a very active lifestyle and walked/cycled everywhere and went out loads in the evening instead of sitting at home eating! I looked good and felt great, but still had a bit of fat around my belly and flabby arms and chubby cheeks. So I'm guessing a few pounds less than that would be about right, or I probably just need to do some strength training.

I also think everyone's goal weight will be slightly different, since people have different body shapes. I'm quite a wide build (I'm mixed, so my hips and bum just are a bit wider than the average European's :wink:) so I'd probably look a bit boney at a weight lower than that.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My goal is about 125 pounds. I'm 5'5" tall. I chose that number (which is quite flexible, actually) because that is what most calculators estimate that I will personally weigh when I get to my actual goal of 16% body fat. I'm about 8 pounds from that goal right now, so I'll have my body fat tested again when I get to 125 and reassess. I feel that body fat % (which gives me a certain "look") is a better way to gauge success than some number on a piece of scrap metal sitting on the bathroom floor.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm incredibly tall, and I thought that hitting around 200 or 180 would be a healthy weight for me.
  • JazminGowdy
    Options
    I am 5' 4", currently 144 lb. and my goal weight is 123. I chose that as my goal weight because between 120 and 140 is a healthy weight range for my size, and I want to stay at the lower end so I won't constantly fluctuate between a healthy and a non-healthy weight while trying to maintain. I will go no lower though.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Current goal weight is 12 stone (168 pounds). I'm 5'5" so that's bang in the middle of overweight for me. But it's a weight I fluctuated between in my early teens and I've not been lighter than that, much, since. If I I hit that goal I'll look at being more fit - running or strength training.

Whatever happens, it's not the end of my journey.
  • kreene1987
    kreene1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Maxing out BMI acceptable range for my height. 189!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 117 at 5'2. My nurse practitioner says I shouldn't try to lose anymore weight and that I'm fine the way I am. I'm not too worried about losing anymore weight. I started out at 135 lbs.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've had several goals so far. My current ultimate goal is 150-155 which is high end of a healthy weight range for someone my height. I won't know for quite awhile if that's realistic or not. Once I get closer I'll be able to decide whether it works or I need to be higher or lower.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    12% bodyfat, which is about 145 lbs.
  • socialdeee
    socialdeee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Everyone has really realistic goals! Great to see. I realise i forgot to actually link my video! Check it out if u wish.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=YZOYIebpdIc

D.

Xx