Whats you goal weight and why?

Options

Replies

• TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I am 5' 2' my goal weight is 55kgs or about 130lbs I am currently 154lbs or 70kg so I still got a bit to go slow and steady wins the race
  • eilonwyjones
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and have always had trouble with my weight - at 12 I weighed 160 and at 16 and depressed I was at 100, though not healthy at all. I'm currently 145 - 150 and would like to get to 110 through healthy eating and excercise, not starvation.
  • xaryo
    xaryo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    At 5'3'', according to the BMI, I should weight around 140#. I know it is not realistiic. I'm big-boned.

right now, I'm at 212 and I have been since a long time. I don't recall having weighted less than 200# in my adult life. So that is my current target.

200#, a nice round number, not too far from where I stand. I think it is very realistic for a first target to get me going.
  • ianthamfyolek
    ianthamfyolek Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a goal weight right now.

I have small weight loss goals of 10 lbs at a time that I meet, and I set larger "big" goals in 30 lb increments. I will have had to lose a total of 95 lbs (I've lost 35 so far) to hit my "optimal" BMI, but I am having a hard time conceptualizing that much weight loss so I am sticking to my smaller goals right now. I remember being happy at 160 or so, but that is still 35 lbs above my high end of BMI. I guess I will just keep moving and eating right until I can do all of the things I want to do physically and feel great doing them.
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    It should ideally shift as you progress. The theory is you should set achievable goals and change them as you get to them. But most of us don't, we put a long term target, put our heads down and just get on with it.

This time last year I was 114 kg, the year before that I was 122, now I am 82 and 4 kg away from my ideal goal. In reality, the moment I put my head and legs/arms and torso into it was the moment I saw proper and substantial results. Since April I've dropped a good 25kg - not bad though a bit risky.

I think the healthy goal weight should be one within the middle to upper bracket of a normal BMI WITH a good understand of what your BF% is for your gender/height & age. If you have a strong awareness of both, number become secondary I think.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I started out at 300 lbs. I am currently at 289 lbs. I am 35 and have struggled with my weight my entire life. Now I have health problems. At 35 years old I need a total hip replacement and two knee replacements. I have had 2 MI's and chest pain everyday. I can not make it to the top of the stairs to my apartment without stopping twice to catch my breath and when I finally do make it inside it takes me every bit of an hour to recover. My 13 year old daughter has to put my socks on because of my joint problems. My goal is 150 lbs because that is the healthy weight for me. it is right below the line for healthy so I have to at least get there then I hope to take it a few lbs at the time until I am mid range. I want to live is why I set my goal.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 130. I began somewhere near 155 and currently hover around 140. I might change my mind when I get there, though. I actually have no idea how I will look then, and am totally guessing. I am short but I don't have a small frame, and I want to maintain a decent amount of muscle mass on my body. I like having a squishy butt and a soft stomach, I don't need a thigh gap or my bones to stick out. I want to look strong and healthy, like I can kick some *kitten* and don't need anyone to help me carry my groceries. ;P
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Initially, I said 140. Then I changed it to 135.

But I'm no longer letting the scale decide my success, so I go with a size goal. It was a size Medium top and 8 pants, but I'm getting into the mediums now, and my pants are a 10. It may be a small/medium top and a 6/8 pant! haha that scares me though.

I started in a 2X top and in a size 16-18 pant.

Oh, and I'm 5'3 1/2
  • kac81607
    Options
    I am 5' 6" and my ultimate goal weight would be 140 as this is with in normal range according to my doctor. My first goal though is to be 220 as I am 232 right now.
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    my goal weight is 135. but really, my goal isn't so much a weight as it is a flat tummy and awesome muscles :) if that means that i'm 150, then so be it. if that means that i'm 95 -- then so be it!

technically, for my height I am supposed to be between 95 and 120 -- but I know that I have a larger bone structure and naturally dense (and larger) muscles than most girls (at least the girls that I know) -- so I have agreed with using the robinson formula for large frames which puts my ideal weight between 122 and 137, hense the 135 :)
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was going by my pre-pregnancy weight. But, then I was directed to this calculator - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/. It's a goal weight calculator, going by what body fat% you'd like to be at. It helped me get a look at what different body fat % vs. Goal weights would be. Hope this helps some!

-Jessica
  • socialdeee
    socialdeee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey,

I'm 27 y/o and I'm 5'4". I just want to fall in line with a healthy weight. Doctors say I should be around 130 - 145 for my height. I'd like to be within that. I don't want to be a skeleton. My husband would like me around 150. We'll see.

My reason for weight loss is, I don't want to be held back by my weight anymore. I feel like there is another person inside here and I want her to come to out. Plus, little things daily. I hate pretty much every piece of clothing I own. Sick of spending $60+ on bras. I also feel like society looks at me differently because I'm over weight.

Good luck to everyone in their weight loss goals!!

THIS!!!!!!!!!! I want to be a new happier me! I cant wait for all of us to reach whatever goal weight we disire and be that Girl or Guy that we've always known we were!

Great goals and stories here and im realising everyone is so different. Everyone has their own goals and what they percieve their own final beauty to be. its great.
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    IM 5 foot 9 and started out with a goal weight in my head of 140 pounds (ten stone) but I'm aiming more for what shape and dress size I wanna be than an exact weight as im 144 pounds and would still like to tone up a bit so might be setting a new goal weight...
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am 5', 55 y/o and have lupus. My starting weight was 205. I am down to 200. My goal weight is 140. The reason is so that I will be able to do more things with my family, where we don't have to keep stopping so I can catch my breath. We'll see if prednisone agrees with this. Right now I can't do much exercise because of a knee injury.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    175 lbs @ 8% bf. Because, being 5'8", that will give me my ideal physique.
  • TinekeVanDerKwaak
    Options
    I am 6'2 (a woman, but I am from the Netherlands, that is my excuse) and when I started I was 248 lbs. Now I am 198 lbs and thought I would be happy at 180 lbs. But now that I am there and still losing weight pretty fast I am aiming for 172 lbs. But if my body stops losing the weight while I eat healthy and work out regularly, I just take that as a sign and stop.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 with bf 13% and currently 194 lbs. My goal is 190lbs and bf of 11%
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 149 pounds. My initial goal was just a number smack bang in middle of normal BMI, which is 135 pounds. But now that i am nearing it, i am focussing more on how i feel and look and will stop when i feel great, but will never stop exercising. I want to lift heavy and look sexy
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. I havn't been thin since my teens when I had an ed and was stupidly underweight. So honestly I am nervous about trying to pick a goal. So its about the journey at the moment. I have BDD also so I can't honestly say that I will 'know' when I get there, cause I don't know if I will. So between feeling good about where I am when I get there, and friends and family being honest with me. I will know then.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Some posters have touched upon it...

I think setting a goal weight at first is ok. However, what is really important is what is healthy for your individual body build and type. You may see that as you increase muscle and your body fat % decreases, your weight actually increases. However, you look and feel super HOT!! And you are healthy! I might look too emancipated at 125 at your same height whereas someone else may look Amazing!!!

Make sense?