Fast Food?

Options
I haven't had fast food in about 5 months. Before i started my journey I would have it pretty much everyday so that is an accomplishment for me!! lol My sister and brother still have fast food all the time and i have cravings for it. Do yall still eat fast food and if you do what do you eat? Is there any *healthy* fast food places that if I have to eat it what I should order?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fast food if your meeting your required nutrients and I would suggest that you fill that need with whatever you really crave and forget the concept of healthy vs unhealthy because if you can't sustain your new way of eating, that is for all intent and purpose unhealthy in the long run.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with fast food if your meeting your required nutrients and I would suggest that you fill that need with whatever you really crave and forget the concept of healthy vs unhealthy because if you can't sustain your new way of eating, that is for all intent and purpose unhealthy in the long run.
    +1
  • lkerbym
    lkerbym Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't do well at fast food restaurants. But I have found one that has an apple/pecan/blue cheese salad that is quite tasty and very reasonably priced. It's in the MFP system so you can look up where it comes from. I get the 1/2 salad and it's the perfect size for me.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Fast food?
    boiled eggs are faster than going out for junk
    Also
    fruit or
    salad or
    toast or
    bacon

all for food getting to me fast

no need for unfood products
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I still indulge occasionally in McDonalds. I love their hamburgers and they are fairly low in calories (I hate processed cheese, so no temptation there). I also don't drink their sodas, the one I go to has an option to get soda water so I do that. Sometimes I will indulge in a McChicken but then I don't get fries. I mean, I would get fries but they are fairly calorie laden.

I don't really like any other fast foods.

Basically, if it fits into my caloric goals for the day then I'm all for it. I just try not to indulge too often because I prefer homemade foods. Some days I just don't want to cook, however.
  • FitRealtor67
    Options
    McDonald's grilled chicken wraps are good. I have become to Golden Corral what Jarrod is to Subway. Lol you just eat what you know is good for you and I make sure I walk 8-10 miles a day. I've lost 40 pounds in 3 months and I splurge 1 day a week. I always look up the calories and fat on Fitness Pal even when I splurge
  • aurora_spring
    Options
    Burger King has a veggie burger, if you like that sort of thing. I am not a vegetarian but I like vegetarian food. I do believe the whole burger (with the bun, patty, lettuce, tomato), is 400 calories if you do not add a cheese slice. If I have to get fast food, I get that with an orange juice carton.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Work it in, eat what you want. Everyone wins.
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to get 2 Taco Bell chicken chalupas (baja style--spicy) once a year, but haven't done that for 2 years.
    On hot days, I sometimes drive through for a Burger King $1 diet soda.
    The pink slime confessions a few years ago almost cured me from wanting national-chain fast food.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. Most of the time, I eat pretty healthy but if I'm craving a burger, I eat one. This is not a diet, this is not a temporary situation. How I eat now is how I intend to eat for the rest of my life. And there is ZERO chance that I will avoid burgers or pizza or hot wings for the rest of my life. Go eat fast food if you want to. Just make sure it's the exception, not the rule. But completely avoiding things you love is a recipe for disaster.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    McDonald's grilled chicken wraps are good.

Isn't that what Usain Bolt notoriously ate right before winning his olympic gold medal in '08?
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad or Whopper Jr with no mayo once in a while. Just be sure not to make it a regular habit.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    McDonalds southwestern chicken salad. So good. I think it's 320 grilled without dressing (or 390...). And then a small fry for added deliciousness.

I was going 2-3 times a week in July; it was that good.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had Taco Bell last night and tonight... Love those Doritos Tacos yum yum yum :bigsmile:
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food, just with smarter choices like chicken, but sometimes I still want a quarter pounder with cheese so I order it with once slice of cheese, onion and ketchup then I only eat one half of the bun. I don't eat fast food fries anymore unless I'm with someone that has them then I'll have one or two - really. I love Arby's roast beef or their french dip au ju. I only eat the meat off the sandwiches and I'll eat a potato cake. I ALWAYS check nutritional values on the websites BEFORE I eat out so that I calculate what I'm going to eat before I do it. For those that are going "fast food is bad - never do it; they're not getting it. You can do anything in moderation & as long as it fits your daily goals. Oh, my "go to" are the 4 piece nuggets. I chew them very slowly with a lot of water so it fills me up.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I haven't had fast food in about 5 months. Before i started my journey I would have it pretty much everyday so that is an accomplishment for me!! lol My sister and brother still have fast food all the time and i have cravings for it. Do yall still eat fast food and if you do what do you eat? Is there any *healthy* fast food places that if I have to eat it what I should order?
    There are places that are deceptively unhealthy:

1 - Subway. If you veer off the 6" subs w/ 6 grams of fat menu (which don't include cheese or dressing in their calcs), you can easily down 1000-1500 cals in a $5 footlong.

The healthy 6" subs not enough to fill you up? Double the meat, they'll still come in at under 600 calories and the protein will make you feel plenty full.

2 - Panera bread. Their breads are so thick and calorie dense that you run the same problem with Subway's footlongs, except you'll still be hungry after eating your $9 half a sandwich. Their soups and salads aren't much better for you with rare exceptions. Just stay away.

Places that can be healthy:

1- Chipotle. Get a chicken burrito bowl with brown rice, and only get one of cheese, sour cream, or guacamole. 500-700 calories. Be warned that if you get all 3, you're now downing 850-1100 calories depending on how heavy of a hand the server has with those condiments.

Even if you get a regular burrito, cut it in half and wrap the other half for another meal.

2- Taco bell's fresca menu. This stuff is actually good and doesn't make me miss the cheese one bit.
  • charlenefitandfabulous
    Options
    I eat fast food when I'm traveling or when I have not planned very well. The reality is that it does not really taste good to me...I can taste the grease.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You can get a mandarin chicken bowl with veggies from panda or a chicken salad with fajita veggies salsa and cheese from chipotle for under 400 cals.. and really a big mac is only 550 which I could fit into my diary pretty easily if I wanted.. Unfortunately I prefer to make my own food and it's usually less calories and more filling then fast food so sometimes I feel like fast food just isn't worth the calories.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food anymore unless I absolutely have no choice in the matter, in which case I only eat a salad. Fast food is absolutely horrible for you, even the salads. I've noticed after not eating fast food for so long that it just makes me sick to my stomach now. It's not worth my health when I could make the same **** at home and have it taste a bagillion times better and the calories be half of what they are minus the amount of grease and fat.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want. Most of the time, I eat pretty healthy but if I'm craving a burger, I eat one. This is not a diet, this is not a temporary situation. How I eat now is how I intend to eat for the rest of my life. And there is ZERO chance that I will avoid burgers or pizza or hot wings for the rest of my life. Go eat fast food if you want to. Just make sure it's the exception, not the rule. But completely avoiding things you love is a recipe for disaster.

This. Exactly. Nailed it.