How often do you look at your friends/co-worker's feet?

Options
NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
Now the reason I'm asking... I had a rather traumatic experience this summer at an upscale spa/nail salon - as in roaches running over my hands in the shellack manicure drying machine. And the place looked clean and beautiful. You just never know.

Now I am wearing sandals without a pedicure (clean, healthy, clear pink nails). No polish. Can't bring myself to go back to a salon.

I wonder if anyone really does look and judge. We as a society came up with this arbitrary and artificial idea that nails need to be painted. Sounds ridiculous, but all women comply.

Do I really need use polish if I wear sandals or be considered an "unkempt" woman?

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I rarely have polish on my toes. It discolors my nails when I do take it off so I avoid it. I'd rather have pretty natural toes. To answer your question though, yes I look at feet. Only because I love shoes.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Never:huh:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I never notice whether someone has painted nails or not...it's just not really something I pay any attention to whatsoever. if they're painted...great...if they're not...great. my wife gets annoyed because she goes and gets a pedicure or something and then I don't notice. Sorry...try something a bit more obvious and not on your feet.

Personally I've never undrestood the point. If you're active at all, all of that $$$ getting a pretty paint job on your toes is going pretty much into the toilette. I think my wife's "paint jobs" usually last about 4 days tops with her activity level..then the paint starts peeling away and chipping away...which looks way worse than plain old toes.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    large.png
  • raggleraccoon
    Options
    Pretty much never!

I'm sure no one will take any notice of your unpainted toenails. The only reason I'd take a second look at someone feet/toes is if they were dirty or something!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the setting and people around. If you are attending a Soiree chances are they will be noticed, if you are going to a backyard barbecue before a football game then chances are they won't be noticed. Of course there are women who always act ladylike and people tend to expected from them, so they get noticed more in all situations.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Unless someone specifically points out something on their fee, I don't look at them.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Only with one specific lady who likes to show me her endless catalogue of new shoes. Other than that... never.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'd notice if someone had really gross nails.

Personally I don't polish mine because I never think about it.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I always notice when toenails are unpainted but it really doesn't make me pass judgement. Mine are always painted but that is just me and because I always notice when someone else's isn't, I think they would notice if mine weren't.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Do I really need use polish if I wear sandals or be considered an "unkempt" woman?

Yes
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    Yes, i will be looking if you are wearing sandals. I like polished toes all year round.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Well kept clean healthy nails are just as pretty as painted. I keep mine painted and use Jamberry wraps but, I just think that is cute.

As long as your feet don't look funky, I think you are fine.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hate feet. Omg. I hate that word and the word toes... :-(
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Hate feet. Omg. I hate that word and the word toes... :-(

So your kids piggies will never go to the market?
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I like nice shoes and have style so if i see a well dressed dude Ill see what kind of shoes he is wearing out of curiosity
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yeah ugly toes are nasty, cover that ish up.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I almost never do my toenails. People look at my feet upon meeting me to check for high heels because I'm tall, but after that first glance they hardly look again. I never look.