How often do you look at your friends/co-worker's feet?

Options

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    "I mean, seriously, how often do you look at a man's shoes?"
    1119schoen-shawshank.jpg
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Who does this to you women? Is it your mothers? Society? Beauty magazines? TV? All of the above? You all worry about the most insane nonsense.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I just do it my self when I am watching tv but I never really thought about it next to never I would say
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    "I mean, seriously, how often do you look at a man's shoes?"
    1119schoen-shawshank.jpg

Shawshank redemption FTW
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Polish 24/7
    Look? Never.
    I hate feet, which is why I polish my nails to make them feel prettier.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    People at my office will point it out if my toenail polish is chipped, so I try to keep up with it. It's annoying though! I hate salons and it takes me forever to do my own.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    large.png
    lol cuuute i love
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, FEET ARE SO SEXY
  • I only look when I feel the need to self love. It's all about the visuals! :love:
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I hate feet, so never? Plus I work in a bakery so there's not much to look at anyway.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I feel naked without polish but I don't think women without it look unkempt. Unless they have nasty *kitten* toes or yellow nails *gag*
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    In the workplace, IF I notice, I'm more likely to discount the woman with the polished toes as rather frivolous. I might notice dirty feet or otherwise poorly maintained. But if everything's clean and well kept, polish certainly isn't required for a presentable business image. I think my attitude is not uncommon in the southwest US.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I never notice whether someone has painted nails or not...it's just not really something I pay any attention to whatsoever. if they're painted...great...if they're not...great. my wife gets annoyed because she goes and gets a pedicure or something and then I don't notice. Sorry...try something a bit more obvious and not on your feet.

Personally I've never undrestood the point. If you're active at all, all of that $$$ getting a pretty paint job on your toes is going pretty much into the toilette. I think my wife's "paint jobs" usually last about 4 days tops with her activity level..then the paint starts peeling away and chipping away...which looks way worse than plain old toes.

^Most of this. I'm a woman who never understood spending money on mani/pedis. Toenails are so small and so far down that nobody really cares. In fact, when people don't paint their toenails, I don't pay ANY attention to their feet; when someone's toenails are a weird color - or any color that isn't natural - THAT catches my eye. My coworkers and I walk around barefoot sometimes after the lobby closes (I work in a bank - the last hour is drive-up only), and honestly, the only reason I notice that is because I don't hear shoes tapping on the floor when they walk around. The opinion of a total stranger - or 50 total strangers - isn't going to change how you feel. If you're that embarrassed by your feet, I'd say either paint your own nails or wear real shoes.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I used to keep them painted, but this summer I could really care less. I have been "meaning" to paint them everyday, but then don't care. LOL

I have some cute flats that I can wear so my naked toenails won't even be seen, if I go somewhere that painted nails would be the norm.

As for looking at feet. I love shoes, so I look at feet for the shoes. If they have their nails painted I will decide if I like the color or not. If their nails are not painted, I don't feel so alone.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Not "all women" comply.... and if someone has time to judge whether or not you've painted your toenails, they need a hobby.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and toejam!:tongue:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    The only time I pay any attention to someone's feet is if I notice a fabulous pair of shoes. Polished or buff doesn't really register unless it's something outrageous or really gross.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    - I love painting my nails. It's a cheap way to pamper myself. I do it for me.
    - I like looking at the colors other women choose, but as long as nails are neat and clean, unpainted is fine too.
    - I don't notice too many people who look at my feet (And I am a very observant person.)
    - My boss definitely looks at my feet. He's obviously a foot or ankle man. He tries to be discreet about it so it's flattering and not creepy. One should aways try to impress the boss - within limits of course. :blushing:
    - My husband could care less about painted nails or sexy heels/sandals in spite of the fact that I'm under 5' 3" tall. Again, I paint my nails for me. My husband is an *kitten* man so I'm always certain to wear thong underwear to prevent underwear lines. I do that for him because we all know that any woman in their right mind would not voluntarily wear those things. :bigsmile:

My point - decide if you do your nails for yourself or someone else. If for someone else... is he (or she) worth it? Most people don't care about toenails. Besides, sandal wearing weather is almost over anyway unless you live in a tropical region.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Can't cause they're wearing shoes, hah.

But I think I have nice feet so it's whatevs, and I don't mind people's feet so I don't really care.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Most men don't give a hill of beans about women's toes as long as they're clean and there are five on each foot.