Special K diet

Options
deedee0611
deedee0611 Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi,

I started the special K diet on Monday 09.09.13 - just wondering if anyone else has done this and been successful? Im having a bowl for breakfast & lunch followed by a sensible dinner, I'm having it with chopped banana/fruit at lunch and grapes to pick at through-out the day.

Exercise im doing around 30 mins walking per day.

I will be grateful to hear other peoples thoughts and eperinaces on this diet.

Thanks all, wish me luck! :smile:

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest, what is the portion size of Special K for your breakfast and lunch? A 'portion' is 30-odd grams if my memory serves me right?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    The last time I did Special K I had an out of body experience. It was crazy. I was floating above my body and watching my life unfold like the panels in a comic book - complete with narration and all.

It's a whacky substance, I wouldn't recommend it for dieting.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It's not sustainable and you gain the weight back. Don't do it.
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You were probably hungry, poor thing. That's exactly how I feel...
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine lost 5-6 lbs on this, BUT, Special K products tend to be pretty processed, so I'd much rather lose the weight following a clean diet centered on lean proteins, healthy fats, fruits/veggies.
  • laddibugg
    laddibugg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I always got the impression it was for someone who wanted to drop a quick 5 pounds or wanted to fit into a dress or something, but wasn't for massive and long term weight loss.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Curious what happens after the Special K diet.

You said Started. This assumes you will eventually Stop.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't do it. Why not eat sensibly for all 3 meals and stick to the correct amount of calories? There is no permanent quick fix. Plus, Special K is full of sugar (from what I remember.)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Pointless. Just eat stuff with the same amount of calories. Special K is just like cardboard, in small servings.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    The last time I did Special K I had an out of body experience. It was crazy. I was floating above my body and watching my life unfold like the panels in a comic book - complete with narration and all.

It's a whacky substance, I wouldn't recommend it for dieting.

Usually better with horses... :laugh:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is all that is needed to lose weight and you can do that without the "Special K diet."
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've seen cats on Ketamine and do not recommend it for weightloss at all. Maybe a Disco Biscuits concert
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    lol i dont think she means that special k...
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A Disco Biscuits concert might be a perfect weightloss kick off though. I'd be sprinting out of there.
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I knew someone who was on the special k diet, although he would never admit to it. For weeks all I ever saw him eat was a special k bar and special k protein drink. It didn't seem as if it were working as I saw no change at all.
  • CollieFit
    Options
    Personally I would rather eat real food than a handful of cardboard but I was just curious about the portion sizes...

30ish grams is about 118cals or thereabouts but you need about 3 portions to call it a "lunch", plus add milk etc. For all that I'd rather have a couple of scrambled eggs.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Personally I would rather eat real food than a handful of cardboard but I was just curious about the portion sizes...

30ish grams is about 118cals or thereabouts but you need about 3 portions to call it a "lunch", plus add milk etc. For all that I'd rather have a couple of scrambled eggs.

Couldn't agree more
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A couple things ...... only 2 Special K cereals have a decent amount of protein.... ORIGINAL and the Protein Plus variety.

The Protein Plus cereal also has fiber. Protein, fiber & fat help keep you full.

I tried the Special K diet years ago and was hungry all the time... you might want to use (at least) 1% milk to curb hunger a bit.

Oh yeah, Special K used to have Protein waters .... not sure if they still do ....nasty tasting stuff.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    anything with the word "diet" in the name shouldn't be followed. you just need a calorie deficit. and like someone above said, their products are pretty processed, I have found tastier and healthier replacements for them.
This discussion has been closed.