7 Tips for Keeping Your Man (from the 1950s)

Options

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Panties? I just slip into a silky dress or vintage slip, hand him his cocktail slide onto his lap, and unbuckle his belt .
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Seems legit.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    It's all about the cheap pork...

lipstick-on-a-pig-makeup-congress-super-congress-supercommittee-sad-hill-news2.jpg

That's no cheap pork.

Sure it is! It's just pennies per pound.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Panties? I just slip into a silky dress or vintage slip, hand him his cocktail slide onto his lap, and unbuckle his belt .

That's why we are still in love!:love::flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Seems legit.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hey my STBE must've helped compile that list. But they left off his favorite- "lose some weight or I'm leaving you".
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with this list? All you have to do is drink all friggin day so nothing matters and you greet hubby in an apron and hi-heels and a sloshy smile on your face. :laugh:

And people wonder why women's lib happened and women burned their bras...thank you Mom.:flowerforyou:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    It is to be borne in mind that it is particularly older girls—girls between thirty and fifty—who are apt to be unreasonable in their demands

Cough.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    5. Pink Panties are a must

I have this covered!! LMAO

Not me! I HATE pink!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    EWPRMic.jpg
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Still relevant, I think.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    in 2013 the only rules are 1. do not interrupt football and 2. bjs, daily. #1 is optional.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Sounds like a reasonable adaptation.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

Those "not man at all" did stop the Nazis.

Being good at war doesn't necessarily make one a man.
  • Imabemee
    Options
    Woman, you have no idea how lucky you are to have landed a man. But as the literature of the mid-century’s greatest matrimonial minds tells us, he’s one wrinkled shirt away from leaving you. Eyes open and mouth shut ladies. It’s about to get real.

article could have stopped here if it had read- eyes closed and mouth open. Although.. I do prefer to keep my eyes open for that kind of thing
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

Those "not man at all" did stop the Nazis.

Being good at war doesn't necessarily make one a man.

What is your definition? Since, stopping the greatest evil of the last century, doesn't speak of their character at all.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Doormat ? I like making men happy.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Let's see here...
    1. Don't Talk
    No, you can talk. However,
    a) Speak to me as you want to be spoken to. Don't disrespect me and expect that I will continue to treat you respectably.
    b) Do know that every single thing that you say isn't necessarily more important than whatever I'm doing, watch, or listening to.
    c) Do know that repeatedly saying the same thing over, and over, and over, is one of the quickest ways for me to get me to tune you out.
    d) I can hear you just as clearly when you're not standing directly between me and the TV. I'm not a unidirectional microphone; my hearing is not based on line-of-sight.
    2. Bad cooking will drive your man to seedy saloons
    Saloons? They still had those in the 1950s? Sounds more 1850s to me.
    3. Be the Hot Steak, Not the Cheap Pork
    Hey, sometimes a quick cheap pork is exactly what the doctor ordered! <eyebrow wiggle>
    4. But don't be a Sexual Vampire or a Frigid Franny
    Ummm, nah, I ain't trying to have the mods crack down on me. Insert your own #giggidy here...
    5. Pink Panties are a must
    What are these "panties" you speak of?
    6. Let him have a little fun now and then
    Gonna happen with or without you... which side of the fence you wanna be on?
    7. Your Husband is The Boss Of You
    Pffft! She ain't even the boss of herself! Some wacky voices seep in there and start pulling strings sometimes. Well, at least that's the image that plays in my head to make me a little less fearful of the crazy person in front of me.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    It's all about the cheap pork...

lipstick-on-a-pig-makeup-congress-super-congress-supercommittee-sad-hill-news2.jpg

That's no cheap pork.

Sure it is! It's just pennies per pound.

Ah, but how many pounds?
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    My in-laws call me an "old soul". Im all about catering to my man. I love cooking, i love serving him, Its what I love to do. Im a hard working woman and independent but when i love, i love hard, and he is the king in MY castle, thats how i see it. Glad some woman see things as i do, because not a lot of woman do. I been with my man for 6 years, and its working this far. I do nag, but make up in everything else i do for him ;-) **** he bust is *kitten* all week for his family too, he deserves it ;-)