7 Tips for Keeping Your Man (from the 1950s)

Options

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

Doormat ? I like making men happy.

^^ agree
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    in 2013 the only rules are 1. do not interrupt football and 2. bjs, daily. #1 is optional.

lmao, cant forget the bjs lol
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I prefer a crazy chick that talks too much, complains about everything, can't cook, is a sexual vampire, is always needy.......... The more crazy the better.......

Give that chick black and neon panties.

and you are not alone....heard this from plenty of men.... (more crazy the better) :)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It's all about the cheap pork...

lipstick-on-a-pig-makeup-congress-super-congress-supercommittee-sad-hill-news2.jpg

ROFLMBO! Oinnnnnnnnnnnk! Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal! Just grease me up and if you can catch me, I'm yours! lol
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    gotta make sure the dinner is cooked and on the table by the time you get home.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m97q0uPvVm1revpu5o1_400.gif
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I would rather be a spinster than a doormat. Any "man" who want that kind of woman, is not a man at all.

Those "not man at all" did stop the Nazis.

Being good at war doesn't necessarily make one a man.

What is your definition? Since, stopping the greatest evil of the last century, doesn't speak of their character at all.

Many of the men who fought in WW2 were drafted and did not have much choice when it came to stopping the greatest evil of the last century. While I appreciate everything our soldiers have done for our country and the rest of the world, to automatically assume they are all good people or have good character would be foolish. Defining exactly what a "man" is would be nearly painstaking and time consuming as defining beauty. Instead I will say, that any man that treats a woman as a possession or as someone who should be seen and not heard or as someone who is merely there to do his cooking and cleaning and occasionally be used for his sexual satisfaction when he doesn't feel like going out and screwing around on her is no man at all. That is a selfish boy attempting to play grown up. I love my boyfriend and I do things sometimes just because it will make him happy. That does not negate my ability to have opinions, or to tell him about my day regardless of how trivial it may or may not have been.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Wow, no wonder I'm a feminist.

Once again men have no responsibility for infidelity it's a woman's fault she didnt cook right and never wore pink panties.

Remember this is the same era that had instructions for African Americans on how to behave properly among white society.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I think this is all solid advice.

:love:
  • ldrosophila
    Options

What is your definition? Since, stopping the greatest evil of the last century, doesn't speak of their character at all.

Let's not forget the country (men, women, young, and old) was at war we were all involved. You had women making the planes and munitions, healing the soldiers on the front line to help with the war efforts.

and not to be a total nerd but I think it was the dropping of a few A bombs that won the war.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    how did a thread about sexual vampires and pink panties get so srs?
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    I moonlight as a sexual vampire who only preys on girls wearing pink panties....
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    It is to be borne in mind that it is particularly older girls—girls between thirty and fifty—who are apt to be unreasonable in their demands

Cough.

Same line of thought why a little girl in Yemen died on her wedding night. Young women are malleable and obedient.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Um. You are missing the part where this list doesn't define what men in the 1950's actually thought.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    how did a thread about sexual vampires and pink panties get so srs?

I think it's the perception that some people actually agree with the propaganda. It would be similar to reading a pamphlet for slaves on how to keep your master happy and agreeing with it.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Heaven help the man who tries any of those with me.... he'll wake up outside covered in his belongings. Even my hubs knows better (and he tried as his parents did grow up with those values).

Good for a giggle before the insult implied got to much for me
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Doormat ? I like making men happy.

Did you read the thing?

Srsly. Making men happy doesn't have to equate to undermining your own humanity.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    in 2013 the only rules are 1. do not interrupt football and 2. bjs, daily. #1 is optional.

NO no there is a fair and equal trade of ejs for bjs
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ wearing pink panties :blushing:
    I moonlight as a sexual vampire who only preys on girls wearing pink panties....
  • Mobilemuscle
    Options
    <~~~~~ wearing pink panties :blushing:

you made the list.... omw to boston tonight >:)