Bob Harper's Skinny Rules

Options

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I disagree with 11, 13 and 18. The rest seem like really good things to keep in mind.

OP, sorry the Broz are giving you a hard time for looking for new ideas. This life does come with a learning curve. Add me if you need more supportive friends on here :))
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

18. Go to bed hungry.

Got news for ya: If you're on a diet, this is your life. Wake up hungry, be awake hungry, go to sleep hungry. Sorry. Wish it was different.

I never go to bed hungry. Sounds like a pretty crap existence to be hungry all the time, honestly.
    ^^^^Truth. I never go to bed hungry either. Maybe it's the no carbs after lunch stupid rule causing that stupid rule.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Of all 20, I only agree with three of them, #4, 8 & 9. Guess I won't be buying the book.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No carbs after lunch? So just meat for dinner, no wine (can't drink your calories), no veggies, fruit or grain (cause, carbs). Um, no.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    18. Go to bed hungry.

Got news for ya: If you're on a diet, this is your life. Wake up hungry, be awake hungry, go to sleep hungry. Sorry. Wish it was different.

:frown: Seriously, this is not necessary.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    sorry, i just cant or wont go to bed hungry.. if im hungry i eat something.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just readsomething from the obesity journal about eating carbs at night...lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    18. Go to bed hungry.

:frown: Seriously, this is not necessary.
    ^^This^^ I *never* go to bed hungry. I go to bed with a tummy happy from a nice dinner, a little snack and some yummy wine calories.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    That's why I choose not to be "on a diet" but rather change my eating habits a sustainable way. Eating on a deficit, losing weight (and more importantly inches) and never go to bed feeling hungry.

Yup, some people claim this to be true.

It's never been true for me. I've been fat my entire adult life, some 30 years. I've "dieted" countless times. Without exception, if I'm losing weight, I'm hungry. And conversely, if I'm not hungry, I'm not losing weight. The only exception to this was when I was on the diet drug Redux, which was an appetite suppressant.

I am hungry right now. I am always hungry. I have been hungry for 5 months. That's what happens when I eat a calorie deficit.

Steve
  • maillemaker
    Options
    I never go to bed hungry. Sounds like a pretty crap existence to be hungry all the time, honestly.

It's the way it is, for me. It gets better after the first 4-6 weeks, but basically, I'm hungry all the time.

I mean, if you weren't hungry, dieting wouldn't require any willpower at all!

Steve
  • maillemaker
    Options
    Yea seriously, I make it my goal to never be hungry. Why in the world do I need to be hungry all the time??? That was one of the biggest reasons I got into IF, I was never hungry in the morning but would eat breakfast early then I was hungry all day because I'm out of the house for 14-15 hours a day.

Who says hunger has to be my life? Who says I'm on a diet? I work hard and collect a pay check. Why should I walk around hungry?

What is IF?

Anyway, every time I'm on a calorie deficit, I'm hungry. I figure if you're losing weight, you must be hungry. It's always been that way for me.

Steve
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I read Bob's book. Wanna know how I've lost 43 pounds? I eat less, move more, and then repeat.
  • bcattoes
    Options

It's the way it is, for me. It gets better after the first 4-6 weeks, but basically, I'm hungry all the time.

I mean, if you weren't hungry, dieting wouldn't require any willpower at all!

Steve

I disagree about the willpower vs hunger. I'm never hungry except just before a meal. But I love food. I mean I really love to eat. Hunger has nothing to do with. For me, food tastes good and takes willpower to resist.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If Bob Harper's method works for you and is realistically sustainable for life, then go for it.

But the basic rules of weight loss will always apply. You must either eat less, move more, or preferably, both. That is all. Now, how you go about eating less (more fiber, fewer carbs, increased protein, no sugar after 5:00 or whatever) is up to you. What works for YOU is the ideal eating plan. That may or may not be the one that works for me.

So give ole Bob Harper a try. What can the harm be?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link but I think whomever wrote this is... Unintelligent

Most doctors advocate high fiber diets. Berries are bad for those with leaky gut so must be bad for all? Low sodium is healthy.. Don't go below 2000, but before that is fine.

Again, thanks for the link it seems all things she is debunking have a poor explanation

yeah you must be really intelligent because you smartly choose to eat well under 1200 calories every day.

Hahah!! Wow if you want to bring up intelligence, ok. My IQ is over 160. Get off my tail about my calories , I'm working on it. No need to be rude.

haha I'm sure it is

Dude no need to be jealous.
    It is 164. I have my masters. I'm very smart, and gonna remove you as a friend. Don't need your bad vibes

Mine is 165. U dum, lady.
  • maillemaker
    Options
    How much of a calorie deficit are you on?

I assume a 1000-calorie-a-day deficit. I have set up MFP for a 2-pound-per-week loss.

I weigh 264 pounds and MFP has my daily goal at 1,640 calories. I go to the gym 3 times a week and lift for 30 minutes and ride the exercise bike for 30 minutes burning about 120 calories on the bike, according to the machine itself.

My diary is open.

Steve