Satisfying ice cream craving....

Options
Hi all

Just a quick tip really. I love ice cream... and I mean love. But I've discovered if you freeze petit filous frubes (the peach or red berries flavour are especially good) you can satisfy that craving for something sweet and they're only 42 cals per tube. Yum :D

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just eat the ice cream.... I measure out a 1/2 to 1 cup of ice cream and make sure it's in my budget for the day. If it's not I don't eat it.

That being said- I"m a big fan of greek yogurt- plain- with protein powder- blended up (either by hand or with a blender depending on if you like it chunky or not) wtih frozen fruit. I'm weird- I microwave my fruit and then mix it in- the warm/cool thing makes me smile.

But frozen it's like a sorbet. Delicious.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Yep. Greek yogurt with protein powder and/or blended up with fruit and a teeny bit of milk. <3
  • danigirl258
    danigirl258 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and thought it looked delicious. I haven't tried it yet. It supposedly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty.

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1-2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Most of the time though I just eat ice cream and fit it in my calories.
  • sianyred
    Options
    "the warm/cool thing makes me smile"

I'm totally with you on that one :happy: :heart:
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I just eat the ice cream. Had an ice cream social at the office yesterday, I indulged and just cut back at dinner. simple enough.
  • sianyred
    Options

I've struggled to find a low fat Ice cream in the UK that I find palatable :( the frubes have a lovely creamy consistency which hit the spot for me :D
  • baileyaad
    Options
    I always have the skinny cow ice cream bars in the freezer. They're only 100 calories and are absolutely delicious.

I also blend up frozen bananas with a little bit of milk and chocolate syrup. It tastes delicious.
  • sianyred
    Options
    I always have the skinny cow ice cream bars in the freezer. They're only 100 calories and are absolutely delicious.

I also blend up frozen bananas with a little bit of milk and chocolate syrup. It tastes delicious.

Mmm yep they are good. Local supermarket doesn't always stock them which is a bit frustrating. The frozen banana thing sounds lush though! :D
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Just a quick tip really. I love ice cream... and I mean love. But I've discovered if you freeze petit filous frubes (the peach or red berries flavour are especially good) you can satisfy that craving for something sweet and they're only 42 cals per tube. Yum :D

Hmmmm not sure by not eating ice cream it would satisfy a craving for ice cream
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I've struggled to find a low fat Ice cream in the UK that I find palatable :( the frubes have a lovely creamy consistency which hit the spot for me :D

why does it have to be low fat?

fat is tasty- it's what gives anything any sort of flavor- which is why you find the low fat kind disgusting.

I eat Turkey Hill No added sugar moosetracks- it's 100 calories (120??) per 1/2 cup serving. 2 servings- even 2.5 is still less than 300/400 calories... and I add a few things so I always round up- but yeah- just eat the real thing and measure it out. Delicious.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just eat the ice cream. Thanks for the snack suggestion. There's some Edy's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough calling my name.
  • sianyred
    Options
    [quote
    ]Hmmmm not sure by not eating ice cream it would satisfy a craving for ice cream
    [/quote]

Because it tastes like a berry flavoured ice cream....
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My fav is healthy choice frozen yogurt vanilla bean, it reminds me of Rita's frozen custard, sooooooo good.....
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yep. Greek yogurt with protein powder and/or blended up with fruit and a teeny bit of milk. <3

Vanilla greek yogurt stir in frozen raspberries. The raspberries break up into tiny bits..... and you end up with something that has the consistency of soft serve..... yum!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i wanted ice cream sooooo bad last night!!! even sugar free!!!! just one measley pint!!! :sad:
  • sianyred
    Options

why does it have to be low fat?

fat is tasty- it's what gives anything any sort of flavor- which is why you find the low fat kind disgusting.

I eat Turkey Hill No added sugar moosetracks- it's 100 calories (120??) per 1/2 cup serving. 2 servings- even 2.5 is still less than 300/400 calories... and I add a few things so I always round up- but yeah- just eat the real thing and measure it out. Delicious.

I guess it's just I make the assumption regular ice cream is highly calorific. Especially the creamy ones. But with freezing the yoghurt tubes at 42 cals a pop, it's a lower calorie option for a similar quantity.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I actually allow myself a half pint of icecream once a week. Usually on Friday. It's something to look forward to and I plan for it.
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I blend some frozen bananas with 1% fat milk. It tastes just like banana ice cream and is low in calories as you dont need to use much banana with them being so strong in flavour
  • sianyred
    Options
    Plus... I'm a 33 year old kid ;)