Satisfying ice cream craving....

Options

Replies

• beatlegirl2011
    beatlegirl2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Artic Freeze, I add some chocolate flavored whip cream from Lucerne and it helps add creaminess to it!
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you mix banana, peanut butter (or even PB2) and then freeze it, it's like ice cream too. I've been experimenting with adding protein powder to it, and other fruits...
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This made me crave ice cream even MORE.......=,(
  • gracejr
    gracejr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I saw this recipe on Facebook this morning and thought it looked delicious. I haven't tried it yet. It supposedly tastes like a Wendy's Frosty.

Skinny Frosty:
    3/4 cup Almond Milk
    ~15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp Vanilla
    1-2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
    1/3 Banana
    Mix ingredients & blend

Most of the time though I just eat ice cream and fit it in my calories.

I may have to try this one! I can't do dairy, and the almond/coconut ice creams are SO expensive. This sounds like a tasty (and cheaper) alternative.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like real ice cream. Pistachio almond, rocky road, or cherry garcia. Sometimes I buy strawberry banana chobani champion tubes and freeze them too.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    3vfhoz.jpg

:noway:

lol. She is frightening!
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I found a No Sugar Added Rocky Road Prairie Farms Light Ice Cream and it was awesome!! Satisfied my ice cream and chocolate craving all at once. Only 110 calories for 1/2 cup and it was ICE CREAM. It only had 4g of Sugar also.

I make sure that Ice Cream fits into my daily goals. :drinker:

I think I love U!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just had Ben and Jerrys. It was lovely!!!!!!
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love the 40 calorie fudgesicles.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    ok0vm.jpg
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I love slow churned ice cream. It's lower in calorie, but I actually prefer the texture. It's much softer, like gelato.

That being said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with eating yogurt tubes that have been frozen if you enjoy it.
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dreyers slow churned has 1/2 the fat of most other ice creams and about 120 calories per 1/2 cup serving, and tastes really rich. I love the peanut butter cup one. My husband's fave is the the butter pecan.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    A serving of Breyer's is 110 calories, it's really not hard to fit in. Or there are 100 calories chocolate/vanilla bars etc. Heck I made myself an ice cream cone today and it was 131 calories, and I really stuffed it with ice cream...

^^This^^ why find all these crazy alternatives to what you are really craving? I usually buy the Bryers slow churned vanilla bean because I just like my ice cream plain and will add on topping. My absolute fav tho, is Chapman's Black Jack Cherry Frozen yogurt... in my house of ice cream lovers, no one knew it wasn't actually ice cream!
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The frozen skinny frosty looks amazing :) I am a huge ice cream fan and discovered "Stone Ridge Creamery" chocolate frozen yogurt is excellent.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Is this where everyone is talking about how awesome Breyer's regular ice cream is*?

No?

Oh, sorry. Wrong room.

Carry on.

* Especially if it's the *original* recipe before they started tweaking it for "half fat", "extra smooth", etc.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you add a little peanut butter to the frozen bananas it it is off the hook...
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's Please.

Keep your wanna be stuff.

Lol! This from the dude that ate skinny cow...
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas
  • ladyzerlina
    Options
    People keep suggesting Skinny Cow, but for anyone else out there who has to watch sugar, Chapman's "No Sugar Added" ice cream is great. I believe it's 130cal per 1/2 cup, and it has 5g of sugar.