Wow ignorant people

I saw this guy I haven't seen since 8th grade (yes middle school) and he has the nerve to tell me that I gained so much weight and that I look SO FAT. He said it so loud and all these students at my college heard him. I'm so embarrassed and I'm actually very hurt. Why do people do this?

Replies

• wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50 Posts: 67 Member
    Sorry you had to endure this! Some people are just mean and nasty! My initial thought was to say, yeah, I might be fat but you're ugly and I can lose weight! But...that is just stooping to his level! Ignore ignorant people!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Wow - you can lose weight ...... but he'll still be an a**hole.

There really is no excuse for that kind of behavior....none. Some people are just plain mean.
  • Because they are @ssholes without any manners. They want to brag and 'look cool' in front of their crew.
    As always, the best thing is to mind your own business, stick to your goals and have the knowledge in your heart that you are doing something for you. You have a better understanding and grasp on compassion than he does, that makes you a very good person.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I guess some people never mature. I can't see an adult doing this to another adult.
  • I can't think of any better motivation than what that idiot said.....continue on your journey of losing weight, succeed and then look him up......sashay your new body and yell, "IN YOUR FACE!" LOL.....but that's just me :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    lose the weight walk up to him and say "aww man Ive been working out but you still look pretty bad"
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    I saw this guy I haven't seen since 8th grade (yes middle school) and he has the nerve to tell me that I gained so much weight and that I look SO FAT. He said it so loud and all these students at my college heard him. I'm so embarrassed and I'm actually very hurt. Why do people do this?

Sounds like he never left middle school , maturity wise anyway! What a jerk!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    To bad you didn't think to say, "Ah, yes. I see your haven't changed" in tones of haughty superiority. Why don't we ever think of those great retorts at the time, eh?
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    I had something similar to that happen when some guy emailed a flame to me and amongst the swearing referred to me as "a big fat .... " So I was / am inspired to lose the weight and then will have the artillery to confront him with "Hey look I'm not a big fat anything anymore but you are still a .... "
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    did you kick him in the balls?
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    I lost a lot of weight at one point a few years ago and I made a point to turn down every jerk that ever made fun of me in high school when they all came out of the facebook woodwork.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    People in general are total idiots, that's why!:noway:
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Most of the time those kind of people are really trying to focus on other peoples problems, so they wont deal with there own issues..So sad.. Sorry you had to go through that...
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    tumblr_ldrfdyqVsb1qfw6wlo1_500.gif
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    I've gained weight since middle school too. Of course, I'm also 8 inches taller than I was then.

Why do you him bother you OP? Who cares??? You haven't seen him since middle school and likely won't see him again. Just call him a *kitten* and move on.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    there are a lot of *kitten* holes out there that are so full of themselves its practically a parody just let them be sad and pathetic you have better things to do right
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Yeah...I'm with the the "I lost weight, but you're still an @$$hole" camp.

If it makes you feel any better? People like that will say stupid crap like that to anyone that appears to be less in their eyes. It makes them feel better about themselves.
  • He is obviously compensating for his shortfall by displaying yours. If you get my drift. LOL Ignore him. You can't fix STUPID!!!
  • People can be utter wankers. The best saying that I've ever heard on the subject of being called fat is:

"You aren't 'fat'! You have fat. 'Fat' does not define you"

Screw him! Honestly, calling people 'fat' is a generic insult. It require absolutely no intelligence. Evidently he has the IQ of a carrot.
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    This happens to me ALL THE TIME since gaining over 50 pounds.....it never stops being hurtful.:cry: