Wow ignorant people

2»

Replies

• HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    He should be embarrassed not you. You are more than your weight. If he has not seen you in such a long time what about catching up on what is happening and not doing a catch 22 on your weight. He is a very very shallow person.
  • a036618
    a036618 Posts: 8 Member
    Some people are just *kitten*. You can't give him or anyone else the power to tear you down. "Eff-em'.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Meh blow it off people are shallow Aholes. Success and happiness are the best revenge.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    I saw this guy I haven't seen since 8th grade (yes middle school) and he has the nerve to tell me that I gained so much weight and that I look SO FAT. He said it so loud and all these students at my college heard him. I'm so embarrassed and I'm actually very hurt. Why do people do this?

First of all, I'm sorry you were hurt by his words.

People do that stuff primarily to get a reaction- which you're giving him. If you encounter someone like that again, ignore it. Easier said than done I know, but it'll take the wind out of their sails.

I can never think of anything snarky to reply with in the moment, but that's always an option too. Not the most dignified road to take, but hey.. makes ya feel better. :wink:
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Wow.. What an *kitten*. I'm sorry that you had that happen. Don't let his insecurities get to you, stay strong and fight the fight, remember that you are working to improve your life, he is just working to destroy.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Wow, what a *kitten*! Some people are so rude. Just ignore em :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    I saw this guy I haven't seen since 8th grade (yes middle school) and he has the nerve to tell me that I gained so much weight and that I look SO FAT. He said it so loud and all these students at my college heard him. I'm so embarrassed and I'm actually very hurt. Why do people do this?
    Anyone who is this much of a jerk is surely on the MFP message boards somewhere. Maybe we can ask him.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I had a similar experience this time when i visited a hometown a 7 months after having my daughter. A distant relative met us coincidentally and he did not say anything, but made action blowing air in mouth and showing i look like an elephant. I found it insulting as well as felt bad for his lack of manners and abundance of stupidity. I dont let such things bother me as much as i can.
    BTW, i just walked away totally ignoring him

During the same visit, i also met one of my hubby;s friend and his new wife. He walked over to us in the restaurant and said "YOU HAVE GAINED SOOOO MUCH WEIGHT". I had gained maybe 20 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. I was so taken aback, i just told him "I just had a baby, give me a break". But i found it very very inappropriate. Some people never grow up.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    there are a lot of insecure men out there---you just ran into one of them. Next time you see him tell him YOUR condition can be fixed--his stupidity is something he'll have for the rest of his life !! YA CAN'T FIX STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    tumblr_ldrfdyqVsb1qfw6wlo1_500.gif

Loll
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    The world is hard, and after school it gets worse.

Think about yourself and screw the rest. You are doing this for yourself, not for a bunch of morons
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    This must be pay back for when you were skinny while he was fat and you rejected him.