Have you ever slept at work?

Options

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Gasp, I thought I was the only one who snored at work :embarassed:

Well, I have had the misfortune of sitting inches from my boss in a three way conversation and when she started to discuss with my co-work I nodded off sitting up and snored. She had the audacity to ask if I was sleeping. Duh, you think?
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I've done that. Tell your co-worker to throw something at you when the boss is coming down the aisle. Or a snooze in the car at lunch was nice too.
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yep. When I was pregnant and in my first trimester I would go into the storage room - lock the door - and put my head down on the desk or just completely lay down on the floor. I'd set the alarm on my phone to wake up in 45min otherwise I'd likely be asleep for the rest of the work day. We now have a "dreaming or scheming" room dedicated to our passed CEO which is open to whatever... relax, read, have a drink or nap.....
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Yes, during lunch times I used to close the door to my office and take a quick nap. Always set the alarm on my phone so I'd wake up on time.
  • lumpy_spaceprincess
    Options
    I work in a theatre and if it's a particularly long show I'm partial to a little nap here and there :)
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    my work actually involves sleeping most of the time so Im all set
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Current job, no. I'm a food prep and server, so over my 7 hours, I get five minutes to sit down, and that's usually to scarf down some food.

Past job, once or twice. I was a body piercer, and while I was pregnant I was tired allll the time. So on really slow weekdays I'd go and curl up in the piercing chair for a power nap. Hey, the room was closed, and my underlings were nice enough to knock on the door and pretend I was cleaning the room if we got any customers.
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yup, even with someone.

Been there done that on multiple occasions. Not even embarrassed ;)

I work in logistics now so kinda hard to be sleeping when you have to be paying attention to everything all the time. However, when I used to do night shift at this job my coworker and I would take sleeping in shifts.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Have you ever slept with someone at work....

there fixed it for you..

and yes. Just yes.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    a lot of people screw their co workers apparently. ive been missing out I guess... honestly always avoided socially interacting with anyone at any job I ever had
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I've nodded off once or twice. A friend of mine gave me a great way to sleep at work while having people think you're actually working:

Turn your chair so your back is facing the entrance of your cubicle
    Put a piece of paper in front of you
    Put a pen in your hand
    Prop your head up on your other hand
    Close eyes and doze

From the back it looks like you're intently working on something.

I also mastered the art of falling asleep with my eyes open as well. I'd be in the middle of a meeting or training class and just stare at the instructor, eyes wide open and drift off.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    During my lunch break.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    have cuncussed myself on the keyboard a few times but always manage to stay awake with a short walk and a laugh at myself.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I work from home most days so...yes! :wink:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've never slept at work but sometimes I work in my sleep and wake up exhausted. I hate that.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Opened up a new mop head (the kind that looks like grey dreads) and used it as a pillow. Passed out on the floor in the back of Dairy Queen. I was 15 or 16 and it was my first hangover. When my step dad picked me up from my friend's house, he could tell I'd been drinking (and was possibly still drunk) and he wouldn't let me call in sick. :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    Slept with my bosses secretary.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.

Sitting up facing my 3 monitors and two computers, one minute doing graphic work, next waking up because my head hit the back of my chair.

Sometimes it's painfully dull.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The trick is to sleep lightly, and if you get caught, raise your head slowly, open your eyes, and say, "Amen".

That's awesome :laugh:

Edit: a d yes, I've slept in the loo a few times.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The trick is to sleep lightly, and if you get caught, raise your head slowly, open your eyes, and say, "Amen".

That made me laugh. Today I closed my eyes while inputting a tedious list of amendments.
    I had to go and walk in the fresh air to revive myself.
    My manager has a power nap every afternoon after his lunch, he snores very loudly. I'm so glad when we relocated offices we are now sitting at opposite ends of the office. I can still hear him on a particularly slobbery snore session.
    ????????????????????????