Pumpkin/Fall Inspired Treats

Options
13»

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The chocolate gingerbread I mentioned:

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2011/12/gluten-free-chocolate-gingerbread.html

Maybe I'll make it this weekend when I make pumpkin muffins
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I want to make pumpkin soup!
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

half can of pumpkin puree
    ripe banana
    1/2c oats
    cup of milk - any, but vanilla almond is awesome in this
    pumpkin pie spice, vanilla
    opt> scoop of protein powder

Blend up the oats first to really 'pulverize' them, then add everything else and thoroughly blend. Add ice and blend til smooth
    yum yum yum!!!
  • christinemac17
    Options
    IMG_20130901_170734.jpg

totally need to try this!!! I've lost interest in most pumpkin ales, but this sounds nice and heavy :drinker:
  • christinemac17
    Options
    I made this last year messing around in the kitchen, a play on pumpkin cheesecake

Pumpkin and sage belgian waffles with cream cheese stuffed and graham cracker crusted chicken and a maple and chile reduction

20120907_184442.jpg
    20120907_185000.jpg

drooling_homer-712749.gif

HOLY ****E!!! omg... I think I gained 2lbs just fantasizing about this
  • christinemac17
    Options
    I just made Pumpkin spice muffins yesterday, there is less then 100 calories in them:bigsmile: , It takes 15 ozs 100% pumpkin and a spice cake mix and I sprinkled a lil cimamon and sugar on the tops! They are very easy and quick to make and Yummy!

Sounds awesome! My mom makes an apple spice cake with just a can of apple pie filling and the box of spice cake mix.... your recipe is waaaaay less sugar and tons more vitamins and fiber! For the WIN!!!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!

half can of pumpkin puree
    ripe banana
    1/2c oats
    cup of milk - any, but vanilla almond is awesome in this
    pumpkin pie spice, vanilla
    opt> scoop of protein powder

Blend up the oats first to really 'pulverize' them, then add everything else and thoroughly blend. Add ice and blend til smooth
    yum yum yum!!!

I was just thinking about a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, so thanks for this!
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Plain Mini Cheesecakes: makes 12 (Spiced mini cheesecake variation follows:)

12 vanilla wafers
    8 oz. neufchatel cream cheese, softened (low fat cream cheese, 1/3 less fat)
    ¼ cup sugar
    ½ teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg

blend the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg until smooth. place 12 medium-sized muffin liners in a muffin pan. place a vanilla wafer in each liner (flat side down). distribute cream cheese mixture evenly among the 12 muffin cups, about a scant 1/4 cup batter in each. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes. Cool. Refridgerate. Can top each with a teaspoon of fruit preserves if desired (calories for preserves are not included.)

Nutrition:Per Serving: 87 calories each, carbs: 8, fat: 5, protein: 2, sodium: 100, calcium: 2

Variation: Spiced mini cheesecakes: makes 12.

Instead of vanilla wafers, use a ginger snap in each muffin liner. Add 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and ground ginger and a pinch of nutmeg to same batter. Bake as above for plain minis. When cool refridgerate. Can top each with a teaspoon of fruit preserves, maybe peach or orange to go with the ginger. Calories for preserves not included in the total.

Nutrition per serving: 100 calories each, carbs: 11, fat: 5, protein: 2, sodium: 133, calcium: 2
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    nothing to add...yet, but tagging for later...cuz well omg! this all looks delicious!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin fluff, my current obsession!!!!!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-fluff-76950

But, I add 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and a dash of nutmeg!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to try these recipes:

Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

1 packet Knox gelatin
    1/4 cup cold water
    1/2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
    1 container of Finesse 0% Fat Free Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
    2 cups 100% Pumpkin Puree
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp ground cloves (I would cut back on cloves & use some ginger in it's place)
    1 tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Let sit for a minute. Add the sugar (Splenda) and heat mixture until dissolved. In the meantime, mix the remaining ingredients together until well blended. Add in the gelatin/sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Cover and chill for 3 - 4 hours. Make in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
    I estimate this to be 10 - 1/2 cup servings

Pumpkin Flavored Cream of Wheat

1/2 cup pumpkin
    2 Splenda packets
    Pumpkin Pie spice
    3 tablespoons cream of wheat
    1 1/4 cup water

Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Watch closely so it doesn’t boil over. Stir and enjoy. I’m guessing Pumpkin flavored oatmeal would be good too.

Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

8 oz container of Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese (I would sub Green Mountain Greek Cream Cheese; lower fat, higher protein)
    1/2 Cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
    1 1/2 tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract
    2 tbsp light brown sugar
    dash of salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Makes 10 servings of 2 tbsp each.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I have made these, they are unbelievably good!
    Not entirely diet friendly especially since they wont last a day without being completely GONE!
    Perfect for impressing family and friends over the holidays or for work parties.

2944800348_3e9b3d4db7.jpg

Pumpkin Pie Bars

1-1/3 cups flour
    3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) cold butter or margarine
    1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
    3 eggs
    1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
    1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 teaspoons bourbon (optional)
    a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips for sprinkling on top (optional)

HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; grease foil. Mix flour, 1/4 granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and nuts.

RESERVE 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min. Beat cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, vanilla, bourbon, pumpkin and spice with mixer until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and a handful of butterscotch or chocolate chips (if desired).

BAKE 25 min.; cool 10 min. Use foil to transfer dessert from pan to wire rack; cool completely.

Can’t find pumpkin pie spice? Simply mix 1 tsp. each ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and allspice, then use as directed.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    caramel%20Apple%20drink_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

My fall time Starbucks weakness. And a copy cat recipe, if you like that kinda thing.

Ingredients
    Drink:
    Bottle of Treetop Apple Juice
    Topping:
    Whipped Cream
    Caramel Topping
    Cinnamon Dolce flavor – you can either buy it for $7 at Starbucks or make your own for pennies
    ½ Cup of Water
    ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
    About ½ to 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
    Instructions
    Make the Cinnamon Syrup. In a pot add all the ingredients ( sugar, water; cinnamon).
    Stir
    Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes – it should reduce in half.
    While that is cooking in a large stockpot add apple juice – Each serving is 12 oz so heat up as much as you need.
    Once the apple juice is heated and the syrup is done – add 3 Tablespoons of Syrup to 12 oz of Juice.
    Stir – should look like
    Add whipped cream and caramel drizzle
    Enjoy :)

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/04/copy-cat-recipe-starbucks-caramel-apple-spice/

Looks and sounds delicious. ... Is there an "adult" version? :wink:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I make some delish vegan chewy pumpkin oatmeal cookies (woops. hurt my arm patting myself on the back there :wink: ). Here's a good recipe: http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/pumpkin-oatmeal-cookies/

They look like this:
    693801.jpeg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    caramel%20Apple%20drink_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

My fall time Starbucks weakness. And a copy cat recipe, if you like that kinda thing.

Ingredients
    Drink:
    Bottle of Treetop Apple Juice
    Topping:
    Whipped Cream
    Caramel Topping
    Cinnamon Dolce flavor – you can either buy it for $7 at Starbucks or make your own for pennies
    ½ Cup of Water
    ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
    About ½ to 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
    Instructions
    Make the Cinnamon Syrup. In a pot add all the ingredients ( sugar, water; cinnamon).
    Stir
    Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes – it should reduce in half.
    While that is cooking in a large stockpot add apple juice – Each serving is 12 oz so heat up as much as you need.
    Once the apple juice is heated and the syrup is done – add 3 Tablespoons of Syrup to 12 oz of Juice.
    Stir – should look like
    Add whipped cream and caramel drizzle
    Enjoy :)

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/04/copy-cat-recipe-starbucks-caramel-apple-spice/

Looks and sounds delicious. ... Is there an "adult" version? :wink:

Add shot of favorite apple or cinnamon flavored booze when you add the syrup. Stir. Enjoy!