Can you do anything you want with left over calories?

Options
124»

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    If you have any extra, I'm accepting donations.

I already have some homemade chocolate covered strawberries planned in for dessert, but I could always use more!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Ice cream. Bacon. Maybe all of those together. Ooooooooo
  • bananapiexoxo
    Options
    In my experience, yes. But I make sure first that I get an adequate amount of protein before I waste my calories
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Double post - sorry!
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Usually some for of alcohol finds its way into my diary when this happens.

Then I'm like confetti.gif

Yes. And I love the little happy .gif. :)

OP - Your plan, your choice. If you are eating at a deficit, you'll lose.

Is it the healthiest choice? Obviously, you already know that it isn't. Could it be pizza or whiskey or french fries? Yes. Could it be kale and egg whites and flax seed? Yes.

You are the only one who can decide if it's okay for you. If you're just counting calories at this point, you're good to go. If you're trying for IIFYM, you already answered your own question.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    My favorite answers are the funny ones but on a serious note...

This is a 22 year old male talking about eating 1200 calories...

Kid, you need to EAT.
    MORE food, REAL food.
    Aim for BARE MINIMUM 1600 calories of healthy food or you're not getting the nutrients you need. You should probably be netting more like 2000 a day for weight loss, anything less than that is a recipe for disaster.

He's actually talking about eating 1600 calories a day, which is quite possibly a totally realistic target.

well, he said if he only eats 1200, can he eat the other 400 in chocolate...
    Once in a while yes, but making that a habit would leave the kid sorely lacking in nutrients. And if he has any hope of building or retaining any muscle at all, he needs MOAR FOODZ!

This is nonsense. It may or may not be true. We don't know his height, weight, activity level, or current food intake. Those 1200 calories could be filled with 140 grams of chicken and a pound of various vegetables. We don't know.

It's certainly possible he's not getting enough calories or protein or vitamins or whatever, but there's no way to tell that from the info we have.

Right. And there is no indication in his post that he intends to do this every day.
  • michelleeharrison
    Options
    Hi I'm new to all this just started in August ..it says that I have a calorie deficit of 750 I really don't understand
    This can someone explain?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to all this just started in August ..it says that I have a calorie deficit of 750 I really don't understand
    This can someone explain?

Honestly, no one can really answer that question without knowing how your diary is set up. Can you open your diary to the public so we can see what is going on in there?
  • michelleeharrison
    Options
    It's open now...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    It's open now...

Your calorie goal is set to 1240, which is already fairly low and no doubt represents a fairly sizeable calorie deficit. If your body burns, say, 1640 calories on an average day, then your goal is set so that you've burned 400 more calories than you've eaten in a given day.

Today you've logged some cardio exercise, which increases your burned calories. You've logged 438 calories of exercise, which means you've burned (for instance; I'm guessing at the number since I don't know your stats or activity level) 1640 + 438 = 2078 calories today.

However, you've only eaten 1051 calories. That means your calorie deficit for today is (for example) 2078 - 1051 = 1027 calories.

That would be too large a calorie deficit for you.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Lets say I've had a really low calorie day and have only eaten about 1200 calories. Would it be okay to the go eat a chocolate bar of 400 calories at the end of the day because I am allowed 1600 calories per day?
    Obviously I know it will throw my allowed sugar way off but Im still within my calories...

Been wondering about this.

Obviously....

tumblr_lrkyiz8Zty1qjz3f2.gif

supernatural and food...2 of my favourite things!!