Do you love your fitbit?

Options

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Do you guys notice if it counts phantom steps while driving? I've tried other electronic pedometers and constantly have this problem since I have a long commute to and from work. I saw one poster mention it, but didn't know if it was a fluke or a common issue.

Mine does, but I just log it as an activity (driving) so it doesn't mess with my calorie intake.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got the cheapest one a while back, and it took a while for it to "take" so I thought maybe I'd wasted money. By "take", I mean it wasn't motivating me to be more active. However, I've found it is slowly gaining traction in my world. I am now taking walks on my lunch hour entirely because my Fitbit will smile at me and having it hooked in to MFP inspires me to be more active. Hope this helps :smile:
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do you guys notice if it counts phantom steps while driving? I've tried other electronic pedometers and constantly have this problem since I have a long commute to and from work. I saw one poster mention it, but didn't know if it was a fluke or a common issue.

I've never seen this happen with mine, but mine is pretty new and they apparently often adjust the algorithms. Supposedly unless you have a really stiff manual transmission or are driving on back roads it won't count it. That's what I read anyways; I was very curious about how it worked so I went looking.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One.
    It is the single #1 motivator I have to move.
    My stride is about 12,000 steps = 5 miles. I reach that quite easily. Most days I get 18,000 to 20,000 steps.
    I work in an office, but do walk every day 1 hour M-F and 2 hours on Sat & Sun. It does not track the steps on the eliptical machine I use very well, but am not concerned with calories burned very much. If I lost it, I would definately replace it!
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I have the one and like it a lot. I'm not sold on the calorie burn it calculates, but it definitely works as a reminder to get my lazy @ss up from the computer and go for a quick stroll around the building.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love my One, feel lost without it AND the company has outstanding customer service too
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Mine doesn't except for one very very bumpy drive in the mountains in China. There is always a gap showing in my step record that reflect when I am driving or on public transport. Perhaps its wear you wear it? I clip mine to my bra (yes, I know not everyone can do that LOL)
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Love my flex. It not only tracks my steps, but it tracks my activity levels, calories, distance and sleep. It syncs with MFP and gives a nice overall picture of my health.

I'm going to buy one for my husband today.
  • ckalli
    Options
    I was given a fitbit as a present from my sister in law. She said she gave me the one that clips on to your clothing instead of the wrist band because she has one and she loves it. I do love the fitbit, but I wish I would have exchanged it for the wrist band. The clip on clips to my strap, but from moving all day, it falls off all the time. Luckily I never lost it; however I have not worn it in a while because of how it falls off all the time. I would get the wrist band, but love the fitbit.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    love my zip, use it every day!
  • Papayamaya5
    Papayamaya5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit flex because it's discreet so I can wear it on my wrist at work and it doesn't draw attention! I can tap it to gauge my calories/steps progress throughout the day, which is very helpful!
  • ICallBS
    Options
    I bought the Flex last week and returned it this week. The band was already breaking. If you go to their Facebook page you will see that it is a known issue/design flaw. They will replace them but when I spend 100 on a supped up pedometer I expect better quality.
  • fabtofat
    fabtofat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and I find it very useful. I wear it all the time and take it off only to charge. it pushes to me do more exercise. When i see that I haven't reached my goal, I find myself going for a walk or even just pacing in my living room.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The one has been the best $100 investment I've made. It has helped me stay motivated this entire journey. I don't go anywhere without it!!!:smile:
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mine has given false steps....but I solved that problem....by plugging it in for a charge as I drive (great way to never have a depleted battery) or just record your driving time in activities (it will remove them)
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a fan. It constantly was dumping my daily stats, it often didn't sync well with the computer unless "forced" and the tech support was really bad. I think mine is in the bottom drawer in the kitchen. I picked up a regular pedometer on Amazon that figures steps, aerobic minutes, calories etc. It cost less than $30 and works like a charm.

This is quite the opposite of my experience. I sync with both my desktop (dongle in USB port) and/or via my iPhone. I have not had any tech issues, so I can't speak to that, but their customer service is superb. Keep your receipt and scan it in, because I have had two friends who lost their Fitbit Ones. Fitbit sent them each a new One!

I love that the One has an altimeter and sleep mode - for me these extra features were worth the $99. I waited for a members sale at REI and got 20% of it.
  • ItsJenney
    Options
    I have the one and I love it...I like the display, and I have seen too many breakage issues to want a flex. I am glad I am impatient cause I was waiting for the flex to come out to switch from Body Media Fit and I didn't want to wait any longer to switch and bought a one. LOVE IT.
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love love love my Fitbit One. Best money I've spent on a gadget.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Do you guys all wear it in place of an HRM when you workout too? Also is the flex or the one the best option? Am looking into them.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Do you guys all wear it in place of an HRM when you workout too? Also is the flex or the one the best option? Am looking into them.

I wear it during a run, but also go with my Garmin ForeRunner & HRM, then have the Garmin activity set to synch the activity to FitBit via syncmetrics.com. And it actually pushes the HRM-calculated calories, which is great (I tend to think FitBit overestimates calorie burn during runs)