Its 10:30 pm No Calories Left And Hungry!

Options

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I recommend fruit.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Or how about some low calorie fruit juice popsicles? you can get some very low calorie.
  • Annie984
    Options
    Or how about some low calorie fruit juice popsicles? you can get some very low calorie.

good idea!
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Saltines are my "feeling hungry but hardly any cals left" snack. 5 crackers is about 60 cals. Just eat a portion and then chug a bunch of water. Should stave off the munchies long enough for you to go to bed and fall asleep.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I agree with what most have said. Go exercise...even if it's a light Yoga routine from good old YouTube. You'll earn about 71 cals in 20 mins. You'll feel good and refreshed and relaxed. Then you can reevaluate that "need" or "want" for a cookie. If you do something heavier or longer, you may have even earned the calories to eat that cookie. It's what I do. :-)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Any vegetables? When I'm in that situation I have cabbage, fills you up and is low calorie. I always keep it around.

Just trying to picture someone leaving cabbage lying around just in case cravings for sweets hit. Like in your purse, your desk at work, or in the car's dash.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    A cup of strawberries has 49cal :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    tea with honey
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    6833.jpg
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    when that happens to me, tea with stevia or warm almond milk with stevia and cinnamon (35-60 cals if you use unsweetened almond milk)... if i'm having salty cravings i often heat up some beef or chicken bouillon, i use bouillon paste that has real beef or chicken and doesn't have salt as a top ingredient. it's about 5-10 cal and works surprisingly well.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    I can't see your diary to get an idea of what your intake is, but for God's sake if you are starving the have a snack! 100 calories won't kill you....you can make it up another day this week or not at all. Truly this is nothing to stress about! Starving and letting it go to extremes will lead to nothing more than a binge that you will end up feeling crappy after.
  • Kerkela
    Kerkela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles! Zero calories, but some sodium. Works best for non-sweet cravings.
    Like others said for sweets go fruit - peaches, strawberries, apples - are all around 60 calories for medium.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    2 Werther's originals are 40 calories.

So is 100g of strawberries. Or half an apple. What is the better choice?
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Dill pickles! Zero calories, but some sodium. Works best for non-sweet cravings.
    Like others said for sweets go fruit - peaches, strawberries, apples - are all around 60 calories for medium.

Nothing is zero calories. Truly. Low calorie, similar to a cucumber, okay I can see that. Let's be reasonable.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzz
  • Annie984
    Options
    I can't see your diary to get an idea of what your intake is, but for God's sake if you are starving the have a snack! 100 calories won't kill you....you can make it up another day this week or not at all. Truly this is nothing to stress about! Starving and letting it go to extremes will lead to nothing more than a binge that you will end up feeling crappy after.

I have to agree with you... tthat is exactly what happened to me before, I would eat very early then at night get very hungry not having control and I would binge soo bad that would feel gulty and crappy after....so last night I had ginger honey tea and felt better, I was able to stay in control..Many time I feel hungry but I have to admit that many times its more like an anxiety issue that I need to address, im thinking about joining a yoga class and trying some meditation dvds.
  • Annie984
    Options
    Thanks everybody.....for all the support and great ideas, feeling better this morning...hope everyone is having a wonderful day:)
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Go to bed?

^^ This.

I was told the same thing and I tried it; it works. And it's a wonderful feeling the next day when you realize you beat the night time power-eating monster.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Go to bed?

^^ This.

I was told the same thing and I tried it; it works. And it's a wonderful feeling the next day when you realize you beat the night time power-eating monster.

This

OP you hit your calorie limit

if you are very hungry chances are you under eating far too much.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    hot tea....eat broccoli or cole slaw made with vinegar.and splenda.