• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I want to know what a butter tart is.

Butter%20tarts-%20split%20open%201_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

yum.gif

INORITE???
    *pleasure shivers*

I'm actually imagining in my mind what that bad boy must taste like. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

Where could one obtain such a horrendous diet-destructor?

bakery department in every freaking grocery store here....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I log every day and I still do that. :laugh:

Me, too. And when I know I've gone over, I just don't finish my diary, which is helping no one...

My downfall. Once I start that it's hard to stop. But finally, after MONTHS on a roll with about 7 days of logging and staying under! Kind of gave me some motivation to keep going.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options

That looks totally worth it!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I want that.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

yum.gif

INORITE???
    *pleasure shivers*

I'm actually imagining in my mind what that bad boy must taste like. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

Where could one obtain such a horrendous diet-destructor?

bakery department in every freaking grocery store here....

US?
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The problem I think is that we still have the bad pattern of rewarding ourselves with food. Before I had my kids (and had more money), I would reward myself with a new piece of clothing (always on sale). Wasn't good money wise but was good weight wise. I think we should find other ways to reward ourselves. BUT I JUST DON'T KNOW WITH WHAT! If some of you have ideas, I am soooooo opened to them!
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I see, the butter tart is a Canadian thing.

Much like a shoofly pie here in Pennsylvania. Except with molasses.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

So, fat and sugar with just enough flour to hold it all together. Looks awesome.

OMG I just maxed out everything , gained 5 lbs, and went into a diabetic coma just looking at this picture! EVIL.....E-V--I-L!!! :devil: :noway:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried that I'm going to get fat.. but eating like that causes me to gain mental fat quickly.
    I struggle with feeling obese in my mind, and when I eat crappy, I gain insane amounts of mental fat.

And it's not just the butter tarts. Those are an example. I've been justifying poor food choices because "I work out". And I am lucky because I work out so intensely that I am still maintaining...

But how many of us don't work out enough to burn off the rewards we give ourselves?

The fact is that I will be much healthier and happier, both in my body and in my head, if I make better food choices.

For me, logging = awareness, and better choices.

Great point!

Mental fat is a great way to describe it. I was trying to explain to the bf last night why him deciding to fry our whole dinner (fried chicken, fried mushrooms, fried pickles) was not a great idea for me on a day when I didn't do any exercise. His only response is that one day won't make you fat. Well, no. Not one day, but I will feel like I have failed somehow if I go over my goal. So we compromised. I baked part of the chicken and had it over a salad and still ate the mushrooms and pickles.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm easing up on myself lately. You look absolutely amazing and you shouldn't be beating yourself up over an overindulgence. Seriously. Look at your abs. Look. At. Them.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    This is why I'm easing up on myself lately. You look absolutely amazing and you shouldn't be beating yourself up over an overindulgence. Seriously. Look at your abs. Look. At. Them.

I totally embrace some indulgence... everything is permissible in my diet - within acceptable limits.

It is a pattern of overindulgence that is rampant in my family that I need to be conscious of, and it's one I've started falling into again. We are all emotional eaters in my family, though I seem to be the only one who has done anything to fight it by adding exercise and food management into my daily living. All the women in my family are anywhere from 30 - 100 pounds overweight. And while I think they are all beautiful, they aren't all healthy or happy with their current skin.
  • Frittycat
    Frittycat Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've done this many times. The other night, I was sick of watching calories so I bought and ate an entire bag of Cheetos. I am not going to lie -- it was sooooo good to have a fattening snack, but I gained two pounds from it, even with exercise.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :sad:

Now I want a butter tart!!! My Mom makes the BEST tarts. I ask for those instead of cake for my birthday.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

It's Canadian!!! I guess I'll be making some for myself this weekend...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i too, did not know what a butter tart was. BUT OMG, my mouth just watered. wow!!! that looks good.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I've done this many times. The other night, I was sick of watching calories so I bought and ate an entire bag of Cheetos. I am not going to lie -- it was sooooo good to have a fattening snack, but I gained two pounds from it, even with exercise.

you probably gained 2 pounds from water retention due to the salt in them, but the cheetos themselves wouldn't have caused a 2 pound gain... they're probably high in cals, but not likely 6000 cals :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    i too, did not know what a butter tart was. BUT OMG, my mouth just watered. wow!!! that looks good.

lol... I think I've turned this into a sabotage thread! :laugh:

http://www.food.com/recipe/award-winning-butter-tarts-14756

note... they contain HFCS! :tongue:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Now I want a butter tart.

And I so the same. I bought a box of Twinkies on my way to the gym last night... and had two before bed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Now I want a butter tart.

And I so the same. I bought a box of Twinkies on my way to the gym last night... and had two before bed.

Twinkies just aren't as good as they used to be. :sad:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I had to google butter tart...... mistake BIG mistake, I can't get the image out of my mind!

Thanks so much.

Feel the love :heart:

Buttertart.jpg