water.

Options
13»

Replies

• littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I agree with using a water filter, I have one right on the faucet it made a huge difference in the taste of the water.
    I make a lightly brewed ice tea and drink that during the day in place of just plain water, and yes use lemon wedges or lime.
    Keep water cold in the fridge might help as well, I like my water ice cold not just tap water temp.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Asda is cheaper than Tesco.

Bearing in mind where the OP lives, a water filter is a waste of time and money.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    No need for ffs. Was a simple question just wanted opinions no need for the flaming. I dont mind drinking bottled water must have something in it to give it a taste of something. Its the tap water I cant stand.

The taste of tap water depends on where you live. The worst tasting tap water I've tasted is a tie between London and Bahrain. And in Bahrain you're not supposed to drink the tap water anyway. (It's hygienic, but has too high levels of some minerals e.g. flourine). Even the tap water in Saudi, which had sand in it (also not supposed to be drunk but if you run out of bottled water in that climate it's better than getting dehydrated), tasted better than in London or Bahrain. And I once spent two weeks in a war-torn country where the tap water wasn't totally safe to drink but most people risked it (including me, and I didn't get ill) and that also tasted better than London water. The only water I've drunk that's tasted as bad as London tap water is the water here in Bahrain, but I'll forgive them because of the minerals issue. London tap water tastes rank because it basically goes straight from the sewage treatment plant to the water treatment plant, and an average glass of London tap water has apparently been through about 3 people's bodies already. well I've never actually researched to see if that claim is true, but the taste of London tap water suggests that it probably is true.

The best tap water I've ever drunk was in Aberystwyth, Wales. I don't know how bottled water companies can possible compete with the tap water in Aberystwyth.
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had constant headaches, like every 3rd day, and my pee was like tango!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCiLub8DZg
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    OH NO NOT CHEMICALS! Not like water is a chemical or anything...

Yes, thank goodness... can you imagine drinking Dihydrogen Oxide?

Or hydroxyl acid?!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

He was blind. He didn't know what color it was.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If drinking water is that difficult then drink a glass every hour for 8 hours. Pinch yer nose and get it down. Add lemon or lime.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I only like drinking water when I'm really really thirsty. Otherwise, either Pepsi maxx or crystal light. Crystal light is a zero calorie solution to flavoring your water, so I highly recommend it. Alot of people will fear monger about "noooo it's not pure plain water crystal light will kill you!!" But it's all wrong. It's just an additive. You'll be fine and since crystal light contributes to you drinking more water, i would say that's a huge pro