TALL (or not short) GIRLS: What are your problem areas

Options

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I dunno, guess I don't wanna feel left out, so I'm making a thread for me. :smile:

If you are OVER 5'2, and have a vagina... or hey, if you like vaginas you can answer too... please tell me what your problem areas are...

For me:
    - big feet
    - pants are too short
    - outfits that have a built in waist - the waist appears at my ribs... not cool
    - long sleeve shirts are actually 3/4 length

or.. and I struggle with cellulite on my thighs and *kitten*. Thank god for creative lighting.

All of these!! Plus:

- Broad shoulders and a small waist. I have to buy larger sized shirts to fit my shoulders and then they bag on the rest of my torso.
    - Coats/jackets in tall sizes are almost impossible to find unless you order them online. I need to try things on first!

And yes, thighs and butt are my problem areas.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel sad because I'm too tall for the short threads, but too short for the tall threads. Where's the thread for not too short not too tall girls? How about this... I have longer legs and shorter torso, so my skirts are short and it looks like my boobs sit on my waist. :grumble: I only have one real trouble spot. From my shoulders to my knees. :bigsmile:

this thread is for you!! it's for all girls over 5'2!

If you're under 5'2, check in at the short girls thread. ;)

Awww man!!! Fine, I didn't like you anyway....:laugh:
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    6'

The only thing that I dislike is dresses being shorter on me than they should. I have some cute ones that aren't quite work appropriate because they fall a little to high from the knee.

Fortunately I have small feet for my height, and find pants shopping quite painless and enjoyable since I know where to shop. C'mon ladies, Gap online, Buckle, and VS all have LONG jeans, dress pants and yoga pants that fit my muscular legs and rear end without issue. Stop making this so difficult.

well we all arent VICKY DONT TELL NOBODY thin! yeas i have tried most places and honestly maurices jeans fit well but they are a bit too short after a few washes. I wish someone would come up with jeans that dont give me a man part after a few sits, dont have the waist to the chest, and dresses that arent a second bra but actually come to my waist. and my things are huge, my waist is small, my top half is relatively smaller than my lower half! so i can wear a 12 pants in the waist, but the thighs need to be a stretchy 14 or 16!
  • KiKiWoods
    KiKiWoods Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6' here....tall, check; girly, check

-large feet (size 13)- must order shoes online
    - must buy men's running shoes. (No cute girly colored shoes)
    -have to order tall pants
    -one piece swimsuits are too short
    - suit jacket sleeves are often to short.
    - carry my weight in my midsection

You are so my sister!  Finding cute shoes is murder! I carry my weight pretty well! Thank goodness, otherwise I would be a circle. But I won’t see any real weight loss until about 20 pounds off!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    5'11 female proudly reporting.

My husband is 5'10, 90% of my shoes have a 3" or higher heel on them.

I need at least a 36" inseam, and low rise. I have long legs and am short through the waist, if I wear my pants at my natural waist line it looks like they are my back up plan incase my bra fails.

Speaking of bras - I have a hard time with sports bras, or most built in shelf bra style tops. I have a larger chest/cup size (right now I should be wearing a 32H, but I make do with a 34DDD) but I often find that sports bras/shelf bras are not long enough from my shoulder to my ribcage/bust line. I need to have adjustable straps, and have fallen in love with the VSX sports bra.

Oh, I wear a size 11ish shoe (I have one or 2 tens in a specific brand that fit) and I also have a couple of 12s that fit. I have a narrow heel, wide toes, and a high arch.

But, I love, Love, LOVE clothes, cute, stylish, sexy, stunning, classic, beautiful clothes.
  • msnls1
    Options
    My problem areas are my stomach and arms!!!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 these are my "problem areas"

finding a pair of pants that reach the ground!
    finding a long sleeve shirt that actually goes to my wrists, they are always too damn short !
    my hips are big
    my *kitten* is big
    my feeet are big lol
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    5'9"ish.

-Usually end up buying size 11 shoes b/c 10.5 doesn't seem to really exist. 10s are usually too small and 11s are usually too big. I think sneakers made for women are hideous so I only buy sneakers for men anyway.
    -Shirts often too short.
    -Waist for pants ALWAYS sits too low. (I have to buy long jeans and some brands, the crotch is HUGE. Is there some sort of correlation I don't know about??? I'm talking to you NY&Co.) I have to usually buy a size bigger because of my birthing hips (I don't even really have fat on my hips!) and the legs are then loose.
    -Awful posture. (I've been working on it.)
    -Big calves. I am definitely not "small-framed" and my calves don't fit into boots I like regularly.

I am incredibly lucky to have always had an amazingly flat stomach without doing anything to it. But I do get the love handles/fat going to my legs. And arms. I guess the nice thing about being tall is that I put on 10-15 pounds without people noticing and that same weight is coming off and no one notices once again. Ha.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" I can relate to some of the taller girl problems.

Button down shirts always fit me crazy. And 90% of long sleeve shirts are 3/4 sleeve on me. Sometimes I don't mind this, but other times it's horrible!!

Now that I'm in a smaller size t-shirt I am beginning to have the too-short-shirt issue. When I wore 2X and 3X it never happened to me, but I'm finding as I migrate from 1X to XL shirts the XL fit me better these days but I usually go with 1X for added length alone.

Dresses with built-in waist fit me awkwardly, it's too low to do the below-the-boobs fit and way too high to be at my actual waist. I noticed this even more after losing weight.

Swimsuits have to be long torso to fit me properly

Leggings are always too short if they're snug enough for me

Must try on average and tall in every pant/jean if available, because I never know which one will be correct. I've found averages that drag on the ground and talls that are too short for me and I'm not a super tall girl at 5'8!

The one thing I'll say for being tall though (I like it!) is it's always been easier for me to carry extra weight. As for my body, my problem areas are my midriff (always always my problem area even though I'm pear shaped and embrace my huge bum and hips) and my upper arms, yuck.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Big feet, but I'm small waisted so small shirts fit good except for the length, pants are too short unless in long, finding a man taller than me! Lol. And I don't consider tall anything over 5'2". More like over 5'7".

Agreed. I think at 5'8" I am on the cusp of average to tall
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"

I have big feet. Like size 11 women's big. Finding good shoes is a bit of a challenge and when I need orthotics, I have to buy men's and adjust accordingly.

My hips and bum are my major areas. I'm pear-shaped so it's hard to find good pants that fit over them.
  • uhhhahhhohah
    Options
    just wanted to say i'm a 6'2" dude and you tall ladies are sexy as hell to me. cheers
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    One piece swimsuits that are made for short not tall torsos. (some of us do not have bikini figures!)

I've found great long torso suits from Land's End!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    5'7 size 10 shoe :/ I hate having an inbetween height! I need longer shirts and sleeves and I hate that no clothes are made for tall hourglass figures! Heels bother me cuz it seems like all the tall guys I know want super short girls and nothing against shorter guys but i just feel so big and awkward towering over them

I feel like the only clothes made for tall hourglass figures are really big, like size 20 and 2X!!! I have the same shape, just it's now smaller and now I can't find clothing cut to my body...awkward.

I think I'm the only tall girl on here with small feet (size 7.5) - and as a teen, I used to wear 8.5 and 9 just because someone said my feet were oddly small for my body. Ridiculous I know!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

The one thing I'll say for being tall though (I like it!) is it's always been easier for me to carry extra weight.

true for me too! imo (& the o of others) i looked a-ok at 150-160 lbs.
  • HavocOmega
    Options
    I'm 5"9", 137 lbs, perfect size 8.5 shoe, no problem with pant length, though I tend to find the shorter shorts and skirts that are produced annoying too short (i like a 3 in inseam). Because I am tall, I often have a problem with the shirt being .5 - 1 inch shy of reaching the top of the pantsline. It annoys me, and ignorant women (ie, women I have been nice enough to work for in the past) would say oh she's wearing a belly shirt! Um, no, I'm half a foot taller than you, try again?

I wear size small shirts because I have always had a naturally small waist, I'm not sure if this lends partly to the shirt-pants mismatch problem. The other problem I sometimes have with small shirts is that my biceps and triceps are often too large for the short or long sleeves, whichever. So I can have a shirt that otherwise fits me great, but cut off the bloodflow in my upper arms. I wish companies would design better proportioned clothes. So as a tall woman, these are my problems.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Another issue I find is that I have a hard time finding clothes and shoes that are age appropriate.

In my case, the only shoes I often find are either 6" stilettos, or orthopaedic pumps.
    The only tall shop we had, would carry a handful (if that) of size 8s... but mostly everything was size 16 and up.
    I finally fit into a size 6, and nothing in the tall shop fits.

I guess that's no biggie now because the only tall shop in town closed down.

I know there are sites online for both big feet and long legs, but as you all know, it is incredibly hard to find stuff that fits right in the store.. to buy it online, sight unseen?, gives me hives when I think of the S&H costs.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Another issue I find is that I have a hard time finding clothes and shoes that are age appropriate.

So true. I found that when I was really heavy too. What? Only old women are overweight???
    I know there are sites online for both big feet and long legs, but as you all know, it is incredibly hard to find stuff that fits right in the store.. to buy it online, sight unseen?, gives me hives when I think of the S&H costs.

This is exactly why I have only 2 pairs of jeans
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Pants are never long enough. I'm 5'8'' and wear a size 4 in pants. They are fine with flat shoes, but a heel or boot is impossible.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Pants are never long enough and never manage to fit my hips/bootie/thighs in proper proportion. Carry every bit of my weight through my stomach...blech!

On the plus side though? Straight up show girl legs! LOL