BUMP
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Cool - my grazing little meals throughout the day are a good thing, not a weird thing!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks great article and easy to understand. :drinker: :drinker:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    bump again!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Have not seen this one before! Thought it was EXCELLENT! Thanks Banks!:happy:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    cool, thank you mr banks. I will have a read at it.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It's blocked at work!!! :grumble:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks Banks! I have found that anything that comes from you is worthwhile to read--always very informative and helpful!! I know people always said to not eat sugar--chocalate, desserts, etc. but I always figured that if they were part of my allowed caloric intake, it was no big deal. Sugar spikes--I knew they happened in kids,but not me:laugh: I guess kids run it off, while I store more fat!:grumble: Thanks for all the info--you're great!!:bigsmile:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This is a very good read! It reminded me to bring some (healthy) snacks for in-between breakfast and lunch today.

Somewhat on the same topic of eating enough calories... I can see where the misconception that you need to be "under" your calories and not eat your exercise calories comes from based on the "If every day were like today..." page.

Usually I log my breakfast, lunch, and snacks first thing in the morning along with my morning workout so I can see what my day looks like. It also gives me an idea of dinner -- which I don't always know until I get home. It lets me see where I'm sitting for dinner because I always know what I'm going to have for breakfast and lunch since I pack it with me for work.

The other day I had logged everything except dinner and I had around 600 calories alotted for dinner. Plenty! Then I flipped back to "My Home" and saw that "If every day were like today..." message which said that I'd be 119 lbs in 5 weeks. That's about 2lbs a week for me. It was so encouraging! BUT... then later that evening when I logged my healthy dinner which topped me up pretty close on my calorie limit and all looked well and I went to finalize the day... it said I'd weigh 124 lbs in 5 weeks. How disheartening is it to see that eating my healthy planned dinner that helped me to eat all of my exercise calories for the day would make me "heavier." ? At least according to that little message on the "My Home" page.

I KNOW that I should be eating all of my exercise calories and whatnot, but it's easy to see how that simple message can mess with your head. I'd take 119 over 124 any day, and that might encourage others to stay below their calories on purpose for a "better" message even though that's not what's healthiest for them. I can see why there are so many who don't understand or follow the concept of being sure to eat all of your exercise calories -- that message is a little misleading, even with the tiny little print underneath if you're under your calories to remind you to eat all of your calories. You don't really notice that message because you're too busy looking at the big glaring number of what you'd weigh in 5 weeks.

I guess maybe that's just the way I look at it. Maybe others do, too? I still eat my calories like a good girl thanks to articles like this and all of Banks' advice, but I can't help but pout or frown just a little to see that number go up "so much" after eating a healthy dinner that helps me to eat all of my exercise calories like I'm supposed to.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the article..:flowerforyou: .thinking of putting 'snacks' into the day not just at the end. How about a Readers Digest condensed version without some of the more technical stuff...not that it needs dummied down, just think some folks won't take the time and effort and will miss some really good info.

Ez
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa82
    Options
    good article!