Need Help with back fat

Options
So, a couple of days ago, I was pulled aside by a clerk who told me that one of the patients at the clinic had watched me walk all the way down the hallway, and then told the clerk, "That Man works OUT!" I relayed this to my profile, and there was some clamor about how my backside must look. I never actually look at my behind, and had no idea how this looked. So, that night, I took a couple of pics, and when I looked at them, I was horrified at how my back actually looked (I was ok with my butt).

I know that there is no way to spot reduce, and all that, but what can I do to get rid of some of this back fat? I already do lots of seated rows, lat pulldowns, and pullups.

Before you ask for the pics, they are not MFP appropriate as there is a lack of clothing in them. Well, there is clothing. It's in some laundry baskets in the background. :bigsmile:

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bacon
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Bacon

I fail to se how eating belly fat will take away the back fat.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

Before you ask for the pics, they are not MFP appropriate as there is a lack of clothing in them. Well, there is clothing. It's in some laundry baskets in the background. :bigsmile:

inbox
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like to grab onto it and use it as a handle. Don't change a thing.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

inbox

What she said.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I like to grab onto it and use it as a handle. Don't change a thing.

And again... Inbox.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Bacon

Wizardry
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Get a boyfriend...pretty sure Jacwhite22 is available!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Baby back ribs?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    You guys are all a bunch of pervs, trying to get me to send you naked pictures of myself.

All I really need and am looking for is some support here. Doesn't anyone know of any foods I can eat that will keep me from putting fat on my back, or supplements that will melt away the back fat? Are there any better exercises I can do?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Baby back ribs?

Will those help turn back fat into muscle?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Baby back ribs?

Sure. Have you ever seen a baby with back fat?
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You guys are all a bunch of pervs, trying to get me to send you naked pictures of myself.

All I really need and am looking for is some support here. Doesn't anyone know of any foods I can eat that will keep me from putting fat on my back, or supplements that will melt away the back fat? Are there any better exercises I can do?

you already kinda answered your own question. you can't spot reduce. the lower you get your body fat %, the better you'll like your back. so, you're real question should be "how do i burn fat", and it sounds like you're already doing a good job at that.

i WISH we could spot reduce. my trouble area is my butt/thighs. i melt from the top down, so i have to get very lean in order to be happy with my lower half.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Baby back ribs?

Yes. Babies are all fat. I think it's disgusting that their mothers let them get so fat. That's just starting them out all wrong.
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem and i was told straight cardio will do the trick....eventually. Jogging and such, which is what I've been doing. Just keep at it. If it still doesn't seem to wanna go anywhere after time, I'm not above the chop shop.:wink:
  • _firecracker_
    _firecracker_ Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Baby back ribs?

Valid.
  • Rowell29s
    Options
    Run and again inbox!!!!:tongue:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Bacon

Wizardry

True. There is nothing bacon can't do.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    There's also the fact that eating almonds targets back fat. Science.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options

**taps foot -- Im waiting**