My Hot New Wife

Options

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my insecure ex boyfriend. Not all guys are going to think that way..
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me. My wife has lost about 25 so far, wants to drop another 15 or so. I'm not thinking "my hot new wife," I'm thinking, "my even hotter existing wife!" Then she slaps my hands away as I try to feel her up. Every chance I get. It's good exercise for her.

I genuinely laughed aloud at this one. You sound like my husband. "It's good exercise for her." ha!
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that, even guys leaving a wife because she lost a lot of weight. I, however, have a Hot Wife, check out her profile, themommie We've been married 22 years and I am still in love.

I joined so I could get in shape to keep up.

You sir, Are a winner!! :bigsmile:
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    How common do people think this result is? The woman gets in shape and the man freaks out? Seems like pretty aberrant behavior to me.
  • samammay
    Options
    My wife has said on a number of occasions that she is concerned with me getting back in shape because I might leave her for someone who is also in shape.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a husband who just appreciates his new wife! I've worked hard for this body (work in progress) and he loves it! After all of these years...I'm his arm candy!!! ;-)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Whew! Another "Thank Gravy I'm not Married!" post....
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My ex and I gained our weight together. We started losing together but she lost hers faster and did leave. It does happen.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Go girl!! I am also in an new relationship with a guy who is a gym rat- it makes for much better quality time than watching my ex play video games wishing I were working out!!
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I learned something yesterday and I hope this helps just one person. Most people who are obese and married think if they lose weight, it will help their marriage. They think if they lose weight they will have more energy to play with their kids, won't feel sick and tired all the time and will have more energy for the most fun extracirricular activities of marriage (wink, wink). Apparently this isn't the case, especially when it is the woman who loses the weight. Instead of the husband thinking "WOW! Look at my hot new wife!", he thinks "She's found a new man and is going to leave me." Why do you do this guys? I would think that no matter which spouse was getting healthier and happier, that the other would fully support them. No, this doesn't happen all the time, especially if you have a strong marriage to start with, but if your marriage is a little rocky, please prepare yourself in case this happens. That's my public service for the day. LOL! Carry on Healthy People! :)

Oh! I just love u (hugs). This is so, so true, the confidence one achieves after weightloss can indeed be misunderstood. I know exactly what ur talking about, my husband never had issues or complained about my weight but the moment i lost weight and was looking HOT our relationship kinna changed for the better, hes always all over me these days.
    Men are so insecure and can hide under the guise of loving u more so u don't look elsewhere even though you've never tot about doing that. People out there can say that about you too u know especially the ones who can't do the weightloss thing, failures at weightloss I call them and it springs out of jealousy.
    Like I've always told the women who care to listen, only a few percentage of men out there will ever complain about ur weight, the day he complains be sure he has found his perfect woman out there. When he says he loves u the way ur are I can bet he's lying, men love what they see and the reality is no man loves a woman with her stomache covering what he wants to see the most, this is my opinion. Let's do the right thing for ourselves and make us happy instead of being overweight cos "someone loves me the way I am".
    I am sorry but this is how I see it.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My husband couldn't care less what size i was. I expected him to be all happy and glee that his wife is losing weight and looking hot..But he is same as he was with me when i was at my heaviest. I have to find motivation within myself to keep going, because my weight does not seem to bother him :) I want to look and feel good for myself, hot wife is just a side effect for him ;):heart:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is training and losing weight, she must be cheating on me, thanks OP....
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    and I'm so sublimely happy I could l fart glitter and *kitten* rainbows all over my friends pages 24/7.....

c0Jbkxh.gif

3IkdBUZ.gif

I wish you were my friend, sigh...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    depends on the man

my hubby is totally in the mindset of "wow - look at my hot new wife". No complaints from him at all.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Apparently this isn't the case, especially when it is the woman who loses the weight. Instead of the husband thinking "WOW! Look at my hot new wife!", he thinks "She's found a new man and is going to leave me." Why do you do this guys?

We don't. Surprisingly we are all not the same.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me. My wife has lost about 25 so far, wants to drop another 15 or so. I'm not thinking "my hot new wife," I'm thinking, "my even hotter existing wife!" Then she slaps my hands away as I try to feel her up. Every chance I get. It's good exercise for her.

I genuinely laughed aloud at this one. You sound like my husband. "It's good exercise for her." ha!

Keep slapping his hand away when he tries touching you. Guys love that sh%t
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, this happened to me
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Mu husband is very complimentary on my weight loss - I just want to continue to lose so that I can get back to the more "sexual me". I am trying to find her under this extra 50 pounds I still have to lose and the 4 kiddos, and diapers and homework...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Whew! Another "Thank Gravy I'm not Married!" post....

+1
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I am a robot...Guy programming says...must...be...a douche bag...and sabotage significant other....warning...warning....

ETA: ^ Robot Voice