eCigs/Vaping

Options
13»

Replies

• Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I bought one to quit and found that it still keeps hold of the oral fixation, the habit and the association when you're drinking, driving, etc...to the point where I'd just take "hits" off everyone else's cig when I was out clubbing.

Finally, I just gave away my eCig and stopped cold turkey...best thing (for me anyway) to stop 'smoking' completely.

I guess my point is...save your money and just quit.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My husband uses one. He got it about 2 months ago, and hasn't smoked a real cigarette since. He lowered his nicotine level last week. He has done great with it. Since he did have asthma and some slight heart problems, I am glad he has quit the cigarettes. His breathing has improved tremendously over the past two months.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I started vaping to try and help with my stress level and cut back on my ganja intake and so far I enjoy it a lot.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I used them to quit smoking. And then I quit using the e-cigs about 2 months later. It worked surprisingly well for me...with a crapload of willpower, of course. It still wasn't easy.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I quit tobacco four years ago the day I got my ecig. I'm now using an eGo Twist as well. I second the above posts on the forums. Definitely shop around online for a sale; the prices online are usually much cheaper than in a store.

I make my own liquids. It's really simple. I buy everything in bulk. I use a 50/50 mix of propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin as my vapor base, then mix in the pure nicotine extract and food-grade flavoring of my choice. Everything is made in the USA and safe. I can mix up any flavor I like, in whatever quantity I need. All I need to buy is the flavoring - usually Loranns of something similar that bakers use. I use an online calculator that tells you how much of each ingredient to use. I just plug in the amount I want to make, what level of nic I want, and the strength of the nic base, and it spits out the recipe.

Since I mix my own liquid, I've also found it easier to step down my nicotine level gradually. I started at 26 mg, and I'm now down to 14, I plan to keep stepping down to zero. I may still vape just because I enjoy it; I may quit altogether. I'll decide when I get there. Since I decided to get healthy four years ago, I've drastically cut down on my drinking, eat healthy, exercise regularly - vaping is my only remaining vice! I can live with that. :laugh: