What's your fav snack?

Options
Now, I'm an emotional eater. I eat when sad, bored, stressed etc. And I still get those urges, to snack. So what do you snack on, let's say while watching t.v/movie that is guilt free?

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I love white Russians.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I don't drink. :)
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I rarely need to snack now as my meals are starting to adequately fill me, so I just snack on nuts or fruit when I feel the need.
  • tworthen79
    Options
    I want to snack, not because I'm hungry, just because I'm bored or maybe it's just a habit. But I was looking for snack foods that wouldn't make me feel bad.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Do you like popcorn?
    Those microwave bags are pretty guilt free.
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    I love nuts or cheese with veggies, I try to make sure my snacks are high in protein and low in carbs. i'm trying to loose my last 15, and some days I skip snacks and some days I need them. Trying to behave myself today, but i'm not home and the pantry here is not properly stocked. Really should have packed some protein shakes and bars.

Must go see what I can find for lunch.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It wasn't too long ago that I could finish a bag of chips while watching a movie or something. However, since this adventure has gone strong for a little over a month now, I find that I do not snack as much. However when I get the urge, I check my defecit balance and reach for something that won't kill it....whatever it is...pudding packs, english muffin with honey or pb, protein bar, melons (LOVE melons), cheese, smoked salmon, and yes....even chips. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you like popcorn?
    Those microwave bags are pretty guilt free.

^This!

I use a Presto Microwave popcorn-bowl. You can use oil or not .... throw on different seasonings to suit your taste.

For mindless (in front of the TV) .... I make a cup of tea. At least it lasts awhile. Teas (maybe) an acquired taste for some, but there are so many varieties that something should work. I like chai with milk & honey. The pumpkin spice chai should be hitting the stores about now ....mmmm

Keep a bag of cut up veggies in the fridge. Carrot chips, cucumber slices, pepper strips, and snap peas are my favorites.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I want to snack, not because I'm hungry, just because I'm bored or maybe it's just a habit. But I was looking for snack foods that wouldn't make me feel bad.

Nuts and fruit shouldn't make you feel bad, they're healthy snacks.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Options
    I could say the usual - fresh fruits and vegetables, but if you are like me it's too much work. I have discovered if you blend up cottage cheese (low fat 1% etc etc) with a bit of skim milk and seasonings (so many available) you can make a really good low calorie dip. Pair that with veg or some healthy crackers and you have what I consider a great snack.

Joanne
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    LOVE cutting up a banana width-wise, like into a coin shape, and freezing them, then sprinkling cinnamon and drizzling a TBS of melted peanut butter on it. SO good. It's what I have whenever I'm craving something sweet.
  • RobbinRL
    Options
    LOVE cutting up a banana width-wise, like into a coin shape, and freezing them, then sprinkling cinnamon and drizzling a TBS of melted peanut butter on it. SO good. It's what I have whenever I'm craving something sweet.

Ooohhhh num does that sound good. I'll have to try this!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    They make mini microwave popcorn bags that are low fat and really tasty. My favorite snack right now is plain vanilla yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in, sprinkle some granola on top, and drizzle a little honey over that. Delish!
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    lately for it's microwave popcorn with a splash of tabasco sauce on it!!! :smokin:
  • waltcote
    Options
    that or sunflower seeds for something to just crunch and occupy my self
  • waltcote
    Options
    Cheesecake

Cheesecake!!!! i think I remember eating that before. Cheesecake factory Carrotcakecheesecake! :noway:
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I had some popcorn today. I used to eat popcorn with peanut m&ms in it, it's that whole sweet and salty. Maybe I could drop some semi sweet chocolate chips in the bag...lol
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    SF jello w a Tbsp of lite Cool Whip.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My fav snack is a Mcdonald vanilla cone, only 150 calories and sooo good.