What's your fav snack?

Options

Replies

• fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just rediscovered pork rinds today at the grocery. I am always needing to get more fats and protein in at the end of the day (but usually have no carbs left). One serving is 80 calories. has no carbs, 5 grams fat, 8 grams protein AND satisfies that need for something crunchy and salty. Probably not the most nutritious snack out there but it serves my purpose.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I also love pepperjack cheese. Maybe some cheese and fresh strawberries. Or frozen grapes.
  • ablot63
    ablot63 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    celery and/or apples with peanut butter yumm ::)
  • shurders
    Options
    I snack on grapes dipped in vanilla yogurt or baby carrots dipped in dill or spinach dip. And, sometimes I eat my favorite, Pringles Light chips while sipping V8 juice.
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here's my list. Frozen grapes. Apple slices dipped before each bite in peanut butter, mini bag of popcorn,small baby carrots-Love the crunch,bread and butter pickles, 1oz of shelled roasted unsalted peanuts, almonds, 100 calorie snack pack,string cheese or one serving of any fruit that you like. The key here is to stay below your daily calorie goal and eat only serving size. Drink an 8oz glass of water before eating your snack. The serving size should then be satisfying for you. Wishing you the best.:flowerforyou:
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Instant oatmeal packets or graham crackers
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    orville redenbacher light naturals popcorn, no chemicals, different flavors 120 calories for the whole bag. I like the Calbee thyme and onion lentil snaps, the new Kashi hummus crisps, 4gr fiber, 3 frams protein, different flavors 27 chips is 140 calories
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Zero fat vanilla greek yogurt and fresh berries or a homemade oatmeal cookie or a piece of baby biel cheese or a hardboiled egg or a a small piece of toast with some banana on top it.

It all depends on what type of day I am having.
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Ooooh apples and peanut butter sounds yummy. I always go for strawberries and whipped cream.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    fiber one chocolate cereal dry, as a crunchy sweet snack, or with 30 calorie almond milk, only 80 calories for3/4 cup. I usually do 2 servinbgs!
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I make something I call a "Veggie Bag". It's just a large freezer bag filled with fresh vegetables (carrots, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, snap peas, and celery sticks). I make it the night before and take it to work with me, so when someone puts out donuts or cookies I take out my veggie bag to munch on. I also make them up on the weekends to munch on while watching movies with my husband.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pineappleand/or blueberries and Cool Whip. Cucumbers and ranch dip.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Apples dipped in fat-free vanilla greek yogurt. I love me some natural peanut butter smothered on a banana!
  • tworthen79
    Options
    All great ideas. I'm taking notes. Is there a certain time you stop snacking? Someone in my family said not to eat past 6pm.
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Greek Mousse Yogurt,
    Pita chips and Edamame Hummus
    Frozen Grapes
    Almonds and String Cheese
    Apple and PB2
    Celery stuffed with cream cheese and salami
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Blueberries

Any fruit
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All great ideas. I'm taking notes. Is there a certain time you stop snacking?

A: When you are no longer hungry or when you have met your caloric goal for the day :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I never feel guilty about the food I eat. I either make sure it fits in my calories and macros and/or I just eat whatever I want regardless of calories once every week or two.

I'm about to have a hoho or two and a decaf chai latte.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    hmm, let's see:

coconut or almond milk greek yogurt with a spoon of chocolate soy protein (frozen is even better!)
    baby carrots with red pepper hummus
    popcorn with a little salt and nutritional yeast
    fat free mini pretzels
    apples and grapes
    and as of tonight, mojito sorbet! omfreakingnom

it used to be chips and salsa or guacamole. that's one snack that's wayyy too easy for me to go overboard with. it'll be a little while before i reintegrate them into my diet... le sigh :ohwell:
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound groundbreaking, but why not deal with your emotions in other ways? I don't think you're destined to be an emotional eater...

Anyway, those little kid fruit snack kits make me feel pretty good if I need a little snack... Especially the ones shaped like Mickey Mouse's head. I got one today with apple slices, grapes, and cheese cubes for 130 calories. Mmm. They're just so cute! Somehow more emotionally satisfying than a boring adult ziplock bag. lol