Vegan Anyone?

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Eat bigger portions of whatever it is you're eating. Nuts are very calorie dense. Put extra dressing on your salad. Double up on your protein shake.
    Why low carb? You've been losing weight because you are staying under calories, not because of low carb. Bread is awesome. Have some pastries.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm a raw vegan. I don't cook food.

So, you resort to dairy, but not cooking food?

Correct.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I will definitely check out that book and see if that helps. Thank you.

speechless.gif
  • BrownSuga245
    BrownSuga245 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your post. I do enjoy nuts and seeds like most vegans, but there is only so much you can eat in a sitting, and so many hours in a day. (I try not to eat too late.) I didn't worry about my intake of calories before I was on MFP, and you're right.... maybe I shouldn't care about that so much. My weight gain was due to my being injured in a motorcycle wreck, stress, and convenience foods. Regardless, I'm on top of it now. I appreciate people with something POSITIVE to contribute... so thanks.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

Correct.

tumblr_mb6yz2fvqz1ri15y7o1_500.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Correct.

Ummm......vegans aren't supposed to eat dairy
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Correct.

lol...ok then.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your post. I do enjoy nuts and seeds like most vegans, but there is only so much you can eat in a sitting, and so many hours in a day. (I try not to eat too late.) I didn't worry about my intake of calories before I was on MFP, and you're right.... maybe I shouldn't care about that so much. My weight gain was due to my being injured in a motorcycle wreck, stress, and convenience foods. Regardless, I'm on top of it now. I appreciate people with something POSITIVE to contribute... so thanks.
    Weight gain is caused by a calorie surplus regardless of contributing factors (sorry to hear of your troubles) But it does seem that you are ignoring advice based upon the fact you are looking for answers you want.

Put the seeds in your shakes, blend foods to condense the volume.

So many hours in a day? Your kidding right? handful of nuts 600-900cals boom!

People are being positive by trying to help you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Weight gain is caused by a calorie surplus regardless of contributing factors (sorry to hear of your troubles) But it does seem that you are ignoring advice based upon the fact you are looking for answers you want.

...except for that cheese-eatin-cheater-vegan.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Not to mention pizza (either sauceless or with soy cheese), soy ice creams, hummus with pita chips, and so much more...even tofu is pretty calorie dense and I eat that pretty often raw with just some soy sauce or memmi.
  • jayjay12345654321
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.

Correct again. But it was after midnight and the fridge was nearly empty, so I ate some of the children's cottage cheese. Twice, in fact. The day he died, and the day of his funeral. Both days I failed to eat enough during the day and was stuck with what I had to choose from.
  • Ophidion
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.

Correct again. But it was after midnight and the fridge was nearly empty, so I ate some of the children's cottage cheese. Twice, in fact. The day he died, and the day of his funeral. Both days I failed to eat enough during the day and was stuck with what I had to choose from.
    Um what? That sounds terrible and sorry for your loss if you are being sincere but how was anyone meant to know that. Your previous reply's are contradictory and make no sense even with this to put it into context.
  • BrownSuga245
    BrownSuga245 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am trying really hard to see the positive in what everyone has to say. I don't understand why you are attempting to rip apart every comment and criticize me. That is not helpful at all. What's the point of saying anything if you will disagree with everything and everyone. I thanked someone for recommending a book. I didn't say they were correct and everyone else was wrong. Whatever. I thought this would be a good forum to meet others who are Vegans and could relate. I don't wish to debate with anyone. I have better things to do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.

Um what? That sounds terrible and sorry for your loss if you are being sincere but how was anyone meant to know that. It your previous reply's are contradictory and make no sense even with this to put it into context.

Yep..
    Hitting even my minimum calories without stepping outside of vegan into vegetarian is hard for me, too. I really don't want to include butters, cheese and other dairy, but on occasion when I find myself incredibly low in numbers (400-500 range), I'll have cottage cheese
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I am trying really hard to see the positive in what everyone has to say. I don't understand why you are attempting to rip apart every comment and criticize me. That is not helpful at all. What's the point of saying anything if you will disagree with everything and everyone. I thanked someone for recommending a book. I didn't say they were correct and everyone else was wrong. Whatever. I thought this would be a good forum to meet others who are Vegans and could relate. I don't wish to debate with anyone. I have better things to do.
    There are vegan groups but they'll tell you the same things we've said. In fact, we've tried to point out you know what to eat - you just need to stop being so restrictive so you can meet your goals.

But...best of luck OP. Hope you figure it out :)
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Did post a plant based group for you and most people have been trying to be helpful.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.

Um what? That sounds terrible and sorry for your loss if you are being sincere but how was anyone meant to know that. It your previous reply's are contradictory and make no sense even with this to put it into context.

Yep..
    Hitting even my minimum calories without stepping outside of vegan into vegetarian is hard for me, too. I really don't want to include butters, cheese and other dairy, but on occasion when I find myself incredibly low in numbers (400-500 range), I'll have cottage cheese

Wait wait. You (directed to JayJay) first say you eat cottage cheese to hit your #s then come back with a death in the family. I'm confused. One moment it is a rather regular go to and then it was a 2x thing because of a circumstance. Ummmm.....
  • Ophidion
    Options
    OP basic summary of thread.

You ask for help, describing your problems.

People respond with healthy and sustainable answers (mostly)

You choose to ignore said help besides that given by the person exhibiting the exact same dangerous behavior as you.

People disagree with unhealthy habits and you reply saying they are snarky and not positive.

Also a few funny gifs to keep it light.

Welcome to the forums.
  • jayjay12345654321
    Options

Correct.

It's not raw either.

Yep..

I didn't think I need to put my personal loss out there to justify my actions to people who mean nothing to me. Therefore, the "occasion" I chose not to specify was my father's passing last month. At that time, I was not concerned about vegan, about cyber bullies, about judgmental strangers, about weight, or about anything other than the fact that both days all I could do was nibble because I had no appetite. Is there anything else you need from me? Because what I do in my life is far more important to you than you are to me.