Do you have an age range that you consider old

Options
I was talking with a safety guy at work about an employee slip and fall. He read the report and said oh she is 60, when people get to that age that start falling and go down hill. Well I'm 61 and was offended by it. My husband said I should take it as a compliment because the guy obviously didn't think I looked like a 60 year old.

Do you have a date range that you consider old? I don't but maybe it is because I'm old, lol.

Replies

• JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think my definition of old changes as I get older. For instance, when I was in my twenties and a 40-something guy hit on me, I would think it was gross and he was way old. Now, in my 30s, 40s don't seem old to me at all!

Regardless, I agree with your husband. You obviously look great and must take care of yourself, or else he would not have made that comment!

95 is old. 60 is the new 40!
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I'm also 61 and don't consider myself old at all. But maybe other people do. I'm much fitter than my 38 year old daughter - I do Zumba, exercise classes, have personal training sessions and walk quite a lot. My daughter, unfortunately, does no exercise and is putting on lots of weight.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Old is merely a mental state of mind.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I'm also 61 and don't consider myself old at all. But maybe other people do. I'm much fitter than my 38 year old daughter - I do Zumba, exercise classes, have personal training sessions and walk quite a lot. My daughter, unfortunately, does no exercise and is putting on lots of weight.

At 69,I'm way over the hill & yes,there is a big difference in strength etc.All anyone can do is take care of themselves as best they can,live their life & be glad they are here to live it. :flowerforyou:
  • JEMQuilter
    JEMQuilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Old is ten years older than I am!!
  • Goalsat47
    Goalsat47 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Age really is just a number. My father will be 84 in November and I don't consider him old. It's hard to think of him as old when he is as active as he is. Out to lunch or a nice outing with my mother every day. Weekends away. Fishing, walking, swimming etc. They also go out on Saturday nights to a great bar with music and are there until 3 am.
  • 2Playmore
    2Playmore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Old is ten years older than I am!!
    This!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when I wake up I think 54 is old. I hurt so bad at that point in the day I feel like I am at least 85 but as the day goes on most days it gets better :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    The older I get, the higher the range of what I consider old gets:blushing: :laugh:
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Anyway - age is not a number - it's a state of mind.
  • ehorn625
    Options
    anything over 100! :laugh:
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't consider the following to be 'old' in their spirit. Sure they are 'older' but NOT old! Jaclyn Smith, Jane Fonda, Jean Smart, Linda Carter, Sonia Braga...the list could go on! It's up to the person to 'decide' that they are old. I've met some 30 and 40 year old people that seem to walk through their world 'old'. Their 'spirit' is tired and 'worn-out'. Every person can decide what type of mind-set to have and that reflection is what the world sees too.
    Just my thoughts...
  • lioooba
    lioooba Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    you are old when you feel old! :tongue:
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I was in my teens, over 20 was old. I used to know a 78 year old who cared for her 103 year old mother. I guess if everything still works well, I'm not old.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as old, Only if you think you are, then you are, Coming from a guy that's 48 that does Zumba 4 times a week and Kick *kitten* with ladies on th e dance floor 10-20 years younger and also 10-20 years older!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well I am 43 so I am guessing 44. Next year I am sure I will adjust up to 45...LOL
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Anything over 30.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Depends on the individual.

worlds-oldest-gymnast.jpg

http://youtu.be/RLeoreilVp0

Most 86 year olds would break something trying to get up there, mind.
  • walterP33
    walterP33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 69 is OLD and I'm turning 69 in 2 days! But after losing 27 pounds I feel better than when I was 64.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Now seems like a good time to roll out this pic:

put-me-in-a-home.jpg

Always makes me chuckle.