All females are HOTTER in the Gym

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Because a woman taking care of her body only has worth in relation to her sexuality and how she is perceived by men. Its not how much she can squat, it's what her butt looks like while she's squatting. Heaven forbid she just be strong.

Yep. I just focus on how my *kitten* looks in my yoga pants...screw form and all that shiz.

Good plan. And don't you dare do better than any guy there. Keep the weights pink, try not to think, pinky up while you drink.

Yikes. I'm sorry you don't have one the the many men who supports women in any ambition in your life. They are out there. Not all men are trying to hold women down.

My husband is super supportive. I'm mostly just frustrated at the double standard between the sexes in society. Men are generally judged by their accomplishments while women are judged by their looks. This thread, although probably meant as supportive, is a prime example of that mindset.

OK cool. I wasn't being snarky, I thought "Crap, there are so many awesome men out there, it's sad if she doesn't know any."
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Lighten up females! TrevPimp has an excellent point, in that when I am in the gym, I too notice "the ladies" and think about sexualling them.
    I hope you are being sarcastic, and realize that this is exactly what a lot of us DON'T want.
    I am all for it. I spend hours on the thigh adductor for a reason.
    I TOLD you. It is called the YES/NO machine!!!:angry:

I like calling it the oh YES YES!! YES!!!!!! machine.

FIFY
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Lighten up females! TrevPimp has an excellent point, in that when I am in the gym, I too notice "the ladies" and think about sexualling them.
    I hope you are being sarcastic, and realize that this is exactly what a lot of us DON'T want.
    I am all for it. I spend hours on the thigh adductor for a reason.
    I TOLD you. It is called the YES/NO machine!!!:angry:

I like calling it the oh YES YES!! YES!!!!!! machine.

FIFY

I plan on using that one in about an hour. But I don't have a gym membership.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Because a woman taking care of her body only has worth in relation to her sexuality and how she is perceived by men. Its not how much she can squat, it's what her butt looks like while she's squatting. Heaven forbid she just be strong.

Yep. I just focus on how my *kitten* looks in my yoga pants...screw form and all that shiz.

Good plan. And don't you dare do better than any guy there. Keep the weights pink, try not to think, pinky up while you drink.

Yikes. I'm sorry you don't have one the the many men who supports women in any ambition in your life. They are out there. Not all men are trying to hold women down.

My husband is super supportive. I'm mostly just frustrated at the double standard between the sexes in society. Men are generally judged by their accomplishments while women are judged by their looks. This thread, although probably meant as supportive, is a prime example of that mindset.

OK cool. I wasn't being snarky, I thought "Crap, there are so many awesome men out there, it's sad if she doesn't know any."

But, when someone has "pimp" in their username and a 3rd grade grasp of grammar I tend to write off anything else they say :laugh:

Sounds like a good mental boundary. lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Ooop, I think I am doing it wrong!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Trust me buddy...last thing you wanna do with me. I've made grown men weep after looking at me

Hey, make some grown men a sammich and then we'll notice you.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Ooop, I think I am doing it wrong!

You're compromising your female identity with your muscles and logic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Trust me buddy...last thing you wanna do with me. I've made grown men weep after looking at me

Hey, make some grown men a sammich and then we'll notice you.

2nhfe36.jpg
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree,,knowing they are taking care of themselves seeing them sweat is exciting...but i also think it goes both ways....I sense a level of arousal in the gym in general..most people are respectful but it is known and understood that we are looking and thinking things..we just keep the thoughts t ourselves
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Options
    Now this stuff annoys me. I look like **** when I am exercising, yet people always expect women to look like a perfectly made up version of themselves. I have sweat dripping down my face. Even when I was skinny, way back when, I looked like **** exercising. I don't want people to be judging the way I look when I go to the gym. No offense, but people with OP's attitude are the reason I avoid gyms.

And then if you do look made up (i.e., wearing makeup) at the gym you get judged for that too. There's no winning.
    Haha I'll admit that if I saw another girl wearing make up I'd probably be jealous of how made up she is and constantly be thinking "how dare she! does she expect to work up a sweat with mascara running in her eyes! Vain *****." Sorry, I can be an *kitten* in my own mind sometimes. Also, I'd probably really believe she didn't intend to actually work out, if she were wearing make up. Sorreh.
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Options
    It's true.

IMO it's b/c 1) They're doing something productive. 2) Female gym clothes are flattering to the body 3) Muscles are moving and flexing and so is everything else. 4) Hormones are being released that make them feel and look sexier.

Same thing goes for men...we're more attractive to women in the gym for the same reasons...minus the gym clothes thing (men's gym clothes flat out suck, imho).
    I used to go to the gym a lot, before I gained this weight, back when I was a freshman at WIU. I never noticed the men at the gym. and if they tried to draw my attention I just found it obnoxious. That said I do know girls who've picked up guys at the gym. For dates... not... that kind of pick up.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Now this stuff annoys me. I look like **** when I am exercising, yet people always expect women to look like a perfectly made up version of themselves. I have sweat dripping down my face. Even when I was skinny, way back when, I looked like **** exercising. I don't want people to be judging the way I look when I go to the gym. No offense, but people with OP's attitude are the reason I avoid gyms.

And then if you do look made up (i.e., wearing makeup) at the gym you get judged for that too. There's no winning.
    Haha I'll admit that if I saw another girl wearing make up I'd probably be jealous of how made up she is and constantly be thinking "how dare she! does she expect to work up a sweat with mascara running in her eyes! Vain *****." Sorry, I can be an *kitten* in my own mind sometimes. Also, I'd probably really believe she didn't intend to actually work out, if she were wearing make up. Sorreh.

I often work out at the end of my day. Not going to wipe off my make up before I get there. I'm still working my *kitten* off in the gym and go there with every intention to work out.
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I do and will always look at women in the gym..do it respectfully. Just look and smile a bit that is all you should do just work out and enjoy the energy...if somebody wants to talk do it after in the parking lot or something
  • Tropicalfirestorm
    Options
    Honestly i don't even notice. When i enter the gym I have ME as the only thing on my mind. The job i am there to do. To be honest the only thing that catches my eye is the steroid boys that show up, those guys piss me off with how easy they can gain muscle compared to natural builders like myself.
    <3 this is the kind of attitude that makes me think I might go to the gym again, when I loose enough that it'll be worth it to use those machines.
    I definitely find girls hotter in the gym. Could be b/c I perceive we may have some commonality, usually they have better bodies than girls outside of the gym, and I tend to prefer girls that are athletic as opposed to skinny/fat.
    You realize fat girls go to the gym too? I was about 150 in college and I went to the gym pretty often. I wasn't super fat, but I'd have hardly called myself skinny.
    Working out at a university gym gives me a slightly different point of view. Yea, there's a metric ton of pretty young things running at half speed or lifting 25% of their single rep max.... and I hope they having fun and will stop hogging the dumbbells that I need for my scrawny arms. Some of them show the ultimate sign of missing the point: makeup that even a guy can notice. (At a GYM????)

There's a few though, that push themselves. Covered in sweat, that fancy hair style known as "out of the eff'n way", and whatever clothes were clean enough and easy to move in. Sometimes they lift light, sometimes heavy, they might run the track, maybe cardio upon the moving machinery (or whatever the right words are for that activity), sometimes just play basketball - but they work *hard* at whatever they are doing and whatever level they are at. And it shows. _Beautiful_

I wish the first group was less in the way of the second. In so many ways.

So, to the OP: No, not all women are hotter in the gym, but the women who are serious about what they are doing in the gym are. And in the end, they will probably be the hotter women.
    As a heterosexual woman, I consider those made up ones the ones that are "hot", because smelling like BO and having huge waterspots on your shirt and *kitten* crack and dripping onto the floor with sweat and having most of your body be pale white but your face look like a tomato is not "hot." maybe to you it is, but I think most people wouldn't find that hot, which is part of why OP's post annoys me. I haven't been to a gym in years, but I too was a freshman in college once.

Think about it. Women in general spend a lot of time gussying up, right? Hair, makeup, clothes...getting sweaty and messed up happens rarely. Soooooo when ELSE do you look like you just described? Perhaps after another kind of workout?

There are certain parallels between exerting yourself in the gym and exerting yourself in the bedroom. And while some people are absorbed in the workout others are compelled to partake in the mating rituals of primping and posing and flexing; noticing and being noticed. It's a fundamental part of the human condition. I just think people should be respectful to others when they're doing it.

I am sometimes amused by watching two strangers perform this ritual. I can't believe some of the cheesy lines I've heard actually being used!
    I-....

I can't really argue with that, can I? Women grunt during sex and grit their teeth and sweat. hell even the more embarrassing parts of the gym can happen in sex.
    Wrong. You avoid the gym because you let this bs affect you.

I know you will probably be offended by this, but if you actually understand the lesson you will have a better life.

That's the same thing my boyfriend said. It's not like you can "turn off" caring about how others think about you. I'm 23 and by now I'd like to think I've realized that letting how other people think hugely effect your life can only lead to a terrible time... but at the same time it doesn't help someone loose weight if they work hard and fast and are feeling good, then they got off the mat and hear someone say "ugh, look at that hippo." That takes it's toll.

Seeing people look at you and judge you is uncomfortable when you are trying to change yourself, not inspiring. For me anyways. Even if they judge you positively. "her tits look amazing in that shirt," ect. ect. It's just make me feel uncomfortable and get me out of my own mind.
    Yeah I have seen that she is awesome ( and no I am not making a funny face in my pic that is sadly just my face lol)
    No need to fish for compliments. All looks fine in your DP to me :3
    I think women in the gym are hot as well. I love the determination and effort they are putting in. I don't stare though.
    Honestly, if you think but don't stare then it doesn't bother me.

The staring was the reason I stopped going to the gym in college and started taking walks at 12am. Which was a stupid thing to do.

THIS! This is why I am *****ing. Except I don't think a gym- a place people go to improve- should have any judging at all (in an ideal world, I guess). Because a person who is super strong shouldn't be judged above a person who is just started out. In five years, that newbie could surpass the "super strong woman/man" in every area.
    Plus OP's post made me feel like that stigma that women should always look good no matter what stills exists. You know that movie with the first female baseball players? And when they try to play the game professionally they have to LOOK good first, and have great manners, and wear little skirts so that when they slid their skin got all cut up and bruised. Ugh. Sometimes, we just aren't going to look good. It happens. No one is sexy visually 100% of the time, unless you have an emotional connection with that person that overrides appearance.
    I often work out at the end of my day. Not going to wipe off my make up before I get there. I'm still working my *kitten* off in the gym and go there with every intention to work out.
    Well now I know not to be as judgmental. I apologize on behalf of my younger self, who used to go to the gym and judge people. which is exactly what I am advocating against. I hate being judged, thus I shouldn't judge.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

You should post a video so that we can check your form for you, ummmm, yeah :flowerforyou:

Listen I can't help my hungry eyes. I don't do anything though. It's like going to a museum. It's okay to look at all the fly *kitten* paintings on the wall, just as long as you don't try sexualling thems.

I've noticed you noticing. And I been pretty appreciated with it.

I noticed you noticing him noticing you. It was quite scandalous.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Wrong. You avoid the gym because you let this bs affect you.

I know you will probably be offended by this, but if you actually understand the lesson you will have a better life.

That's the same thing my boyfriend said. It's not like you can "turn off" caring about how others think about you. I'm 23 and by now I'd like to think I've realized that letting how other people think hugely effect your life can only lead to a terrible time... but at the same time it doesn't help someone loose weight if they work hard and fast and are feeling good, then they got off the mat and hear someone say "ugh, look at that hippo." That takes it's toll.

Seeing people look at you and judge you is uncomfortable when you are trying to change yourself, not inspiring. For me anyways. Even if they judge you positively. "her tits look amazing in that shirt," ect. ect. It's just make me feel uncomfortable and get me out of my own mind.

It's understandable what you are saying, but you talk as if you are the only person that expereinces these things. Do you think guys have it easier? Do you think "hotties" have it easier? Do you think bodybuilders have it easier? If you think they do, then there in lies the problem. You need to first realize that when people judge you or say *kitten* about you, it has little to do with YOU. It has more to do with them and their insecurities. They are jealous, unhappy, insecure, trying to compensate for something, etc. Maybe you can't "turn it off" but you have the power to choose how to react. And if it truly "takes a toll" to where you are avoiding things that you enjoy in life, then I suggest you talk to a therapist because you are only 23 and before you know it you will be pushing 30 and thinking "damn, I wish I didn't let what others think of me dictate how I live my life because I missed out on so much because of it."

And I know what you are probably thinking by now and you are right, I don't know what it's like to be you. If you are going to use that excuse, then you will never get to where you want to be.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Just what do you mean by "young girls". I may not be young but I think I look HOT...LMAO
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options

He thinks your efforts and your care and concern of your body makes you hot. I think it is a lovely sentiment but to each their own.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The only place I look good is at the gym.. cuz DAT pump is a lie.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

He thinks your efforts and your care and concern of your body makes you hot. I think it is a lovely sentiment but to each their own.

I think I look pretty dreadful at the gym too, however people are friendly to me so either they don't care how I look, and neither should I (at the gym) or the OP is correct, and I look better than I think. If I took time to get ready for the gym, I'd never get around to exercising. I've often just rolled out of bed, without brushing my hair, thrown on exercise clothes, and gotten my workout done. If I'm wearing makeup and my hair looks nice, it's because I'm working out after work.