Cut or still bulk ? Opinions please

Options
13»

Replies

• trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Completely uneducated question: what would happen if you progressively lifted heavier while eating at maintenance? Does it have to be cut or bulk?

takes longer to achieve a given result
  • wingchungym
    Options
    This depends what you want, you look fine and healthy to me and have done great work. My view is go for health, I can only offer you my view as my aim is to be as light as I can but maintain muscle (very very metabolically important). As I get older I feel it's wise to think about what is the best form/shape you can be for a long healthy active life, from 40 - 50yrs is a good time to pay attention to wear and tear of your joints (your knees 'you will miss them when they are gone) if we carry more weight than our natural frame requires over time we get wear and tear on our joints, so if you are overweight from either fat or muscle it is (generally in the long run) all a stress on the joints as the years roll on. So I would cut and forget about ego ideals, The bottom line should be health. Now thats how I view health at 50, when I was 25 I would have said, BULK eat Meat and eggs and protein shakes and whole chickens and lift lift lift HEAVY and HARD lol :ohwell: :laugh: :wink::explode:
  • dozerbear
    Options
    If you want to make gains, then this is the perfect time to bulk. How long were you thinking, 6 months?
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welp, to hell with all of you for telling this man to bulk. You're helping to ruin what could have been a perfectly sexy otter mode body.

I always liked "otter mode" best on men. "Athletic" is already too big for my taste. Would only bang if the guy had a gorgeous face and incredible personality. :-(

Excuse me? Just because you prefer 'otter mode' looking guys over 'athletic' looking guys doesn't make your opinion more valid than any one else's. Besides, if you go back and read his posts, he never once asked for opinions on what women find more attractive.
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you want to make gains, then this is the perfect time to bulk. How long were you thinking, 6 months?

I'm not too sure to be honest but i am definitely going to commit to a steady controlled bulk for a few months. If my body fat is not going up too much i will stick with it for a while longer. I think its something that i will strictly monitor as i wont allow my body fat to get out of hand - have that xxl t-shirt lol.
  • neilvv
    Options
    Welp, to hell with all of you for telling this man to bulk. You're helping to ruin what could have been a perfectly sexy otter mode body.

I always liked "otter mode" best on men. "Athletic" is already too big for my taste. Would only bang if the guy had a gorgeous face and incredible personality. :-(

Excuse me? Just because you prefer 'otter mode' looking guys over 'athletic' looking guys doesn't make your opinion more valid than any one else's. Besides, if you go back and read his posts, he never once asked for opinions on what women find more attractive.

Thanks and well said i'm not looking for opinions on what is most attractive to women i have been married for 18 years, this is for me i want to be muscular and strong and was asking peoples advice on the best way to achieve my goal's, cut now then bulk or continue a bulk. I'm a noob and didn't really know how long to commit to a bulk phase, turn's out it's all down to personal taste haha
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Thanks and well said i'm not looking for opinions on what is most attractive to women i have been married for 18 years, this is for me i want to be muscular and strong and was asking peoples advice on the best way to achieve my goal's, cut now then bulk or continue a bulk. I'm a noob and didn't really know how long to commit to a bulk phase, turn's out it's all down to personal taste haha

You got it. Good luck :)
  • neilvv
    Options

1376574656468.jpg

I can relate to the bottom row lol
    nmm8zo.png
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the bottom row lol
    nmm8zo.png

You've made some really good progress, can't wait to see the rest of the transformation.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lots of rageaholic Aspies on this board with no sense of humor. The claws, the claws!

OP, you go ahead and look however you and your wife agree you should look. As long as you're healthy that's all that counts.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    You must burn through a lot of toilet paper eating that many calories.