Girls who don't sweat? How?

Options

Replies

• alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I hardly sweat as well. I turn really red. My face is glowing red, and I am really hot. It sucks because when I don't sweat I get concerned people talking about how red my face is, and asking if I am ok.

If it is really hot/humid then I will start sweating really bad. I still turn really red and people are still concerned. I'm just not sure why I turn so red. It is a little embarrassing.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I really looked forward to losing weight so I wouldn't sweat as much. I always assumed me being so sweaty was because I was fat and out of shape. I lost 60 lbs, got in better shape than I had been in my entire life and I STILL sweat ridiculous amounts. Then one day my brother (tall, skinny runner) was complaining about how much he sweats. Which smashed my last shred of hope about being less sweaty someday.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Neither of my parents sweat, yet I sweat buckets, even in the winter when I'm not exercising. Doctor is flummoxed, but his best guess is that it's something to do with the fact that my blood vessels are deeper than normal. Your body cools itself down in two main ways: by sweating, or by bringing blood to the surface of your skin so it can lose its heat. (I'm putting that in very loose terms.) That's why you go pink when you get hot.

Anyway, my capillaries and veins are deeper than they should be, so I'm always pale, I don't bleed if I cut myself, wounds don't heal for ages - and I can't cool down that way, so I sweat double. At least that's the theory. I'm not sure if there's any way to prove it.

You might have slightly deeper blood vessels than most people. You might be genetically predisposed to sweating. You might run a higher temperature than some people do. (The idea that everyone's body temperature should be a perfect 98.6 is bunk - healthy people can vary by quite a few degrees in what's normal for them. 99.5-100 is normal for me. Boyfriends call me werewolf girl, LOL.) You might be working your heart harder than the girl next to you. You might sweat in places that are obvious while they sweat more in places that aren't. (I barely sweat under my arms and only on my face if I work really hard, but in my hair and along my back constantly.)

In any case, the chances that someone's staring at you while you work out are fairly slim. I used to worry about getting stared at a lot, and it kept me away from the gym for years, but once I started going I realised nobody pays attention to me except for the occasional guy who tries to hit on me. They're mostly either paying attention to their workout, or wondering if people are staring at THEM because of their uneven calf muscles / camel toe in their leggings / moles on their back etc.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I sweat ALOT and I go bright red in the face.....whats with others not going red? :sick:
  • aezaidan
    aezaidan Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I pour sweat!!! Like a pig in a sweat shop!!!

ditto!

And I get all red (like 100 shades of red) and look like I'm going to pass out even if i'm not at max effort..... but I've always been that way, even when I was a bit more fit and thin-ish.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I live in a hot humid climate and get sweaty just walking to work, I've started not putting on any moisturizer until I get to work because I sweat it off otherwise. Yet somehow the locals I work with barely break a sweat.

I can sweat like a pig at the gym though. I also drink a ton of water during the day. If I'm doing a HIIT aerobic class, I know I'm doing something wrong if I don't end up with the floor around me soaked (though I'm not the only one who has that problem during the class).
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Man... I won't lie, I sweat like a man that just came out of a fight with Rocky!!!! I'm only into my workout 5 minutes and I've got a sweat going on...and by the end of it, I look like I came in from a rain storm!

I hate my genetics if thats what it is. Boo!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I drench many a shirt, and I think it gets worse the better shape that I'm in. It is however very anoying when you can't keep a grip on your yoga mat because it's slick with sweat....
    I'm actually afraid sometimes, that I may slip on my sweat pools.

I did that the other day after going hard on the stationary bike for an hour, lol.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Meh, I look like I just swam the Atlantc when I work out. I love it because it makes it look like I'm putting in such an amount of effort xD Which I am, but still.
    Plus it moves all th women from the machines beside me because they don't want splashed.
    I'm like a fire hydrant.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I sweat in my sleep if I eat before going to bed, but then dont sweat at all in summer while in bed
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I personally don't feel like I got in a good work out if I'm not sweating at the end of it. But like a lot of other people said, I think it's totally different from person to person and doesn't necessarily depend completely on effort/fitness level etc.
  • Sheriseology
    Sheriseology Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those non-sweaters. I could go crazy for an hour in 90 degree sun and get like 2 droplets. It's annoying, since it looks like I didn't do anything. Also, it makes it harder to get the crap out of my body and skin, since sweating is good for you.
  • levisrictusias
    Options
    I don't sweat, but I get red and clammy...like a lobster.... :/
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I sweat ALOT and I go bright red in the face.....whats with others not going red? :sick:

I was reading through this, and thought just the same- am I ok or not? I go bright red, almost to the point of purple, and sweat pours out of my belly button and down the crease of my back. I sweat so much on a bike ride its like I came in from the rain.
    Also, don't know if I'm on my own with this, but I even sweat and go bright red in the swimming pool. It feels wierd because I can feel the water cold all around me, but I can feel my face glowing like a beacon :(
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options

you are not alone, I go red too as well as sweating. we are just hot babes, or hot mamas whichever name fits, wear it with pride! :laugh:
  • vickij85
    Options
    I sweat a lot and create sweat puddles, I used to be self conscious of it but now I embrace it! The bigger the sweat puddle the harder I've worked :-)
    I still go bright red like a tomato which I don't like, but I think that's a genetic thing especially as I blush really easily too. Someone told me it was to do with blood vessels being nearer to the surface of my skin.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it when I look around at the gym or at yoga and see girls who are working hard and NOT sweating. It's just not fair! I start sweating buckets like, within the first five minutes of working out. I feel like people must look at me and think it's gross! Girls who don't sweat, how is this possible? Is it relative to fitness?
    I don't sweat a lot but it's not always an advantage because when it's very hot and I do some exercise I quickly have the feeling that I am overheating. I will also feel really hot while my bf who sweats buckets has a cool nice skin.
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never used to sweat at all when I was unfit, now I do more exercise I seem to have turned into a sweaty Betty, even when I'm not doing anything...!!
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm not a sweaty person. At most I get a little sheen, but never drippy sweaty. But I over-heat really fast and have had heat exhaustion three times. Dr says nothing is wrong with me physically, has checked everything, it's just the way I am.

I am the same way. I'll get a light coat of sweat and then it will stop. I'll turn red in the face and start to overheat. I've nearly passed out a couple of times during high intensity workouts because I don't sweat enough to cool down.

Wish I did. :(
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I didn't start sweating until I started packing muscle on... and those girls could be dehydrated. So...

I'd prefer having more muscle and hydrated than the opposite.