Fit into the same size as my skinny friend today!!

Options
So I went shopping with one of my "skinny friends" today to help her find an outfit for the Backstreet Boys Concert (.....I know...lol) and while she was trying on some short-shorts I found some pants in size 9 - I've been a size 9 forever and ever....I gain, I lose .....but I'm always a size 9 (sometimes a very loose size 9, sometimes a very tight size 9). Anyways, I put on the first pair....did them up, and they fell off :noway: soooo I was like "ok this store's sizing is wayyy off".....put on second pair .... fell off ... :drinker: ... k now I'm confused....

My "skinny friend" left a pair of short-shorts in the room she was trying on but got a different pair cuz these were a little tight on her .... they were a size 7 ... so I took a risk and tried them on.....THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a size 7!!!! Today rocks :love: :noway:

(I know this is not really a great success.....(dropping from a size 9 to a 7).....but this is HUGE HUGE HUGE in my books)

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    that's Fabulous!!! I'm in the same spot as you and the day I put a 7 on will be a hapy happy day!
  • cleja90
    cleja90 Posts: 12
    Options
    That is amazing. Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • absofsteel
    absofsteel Posts: 48
    Options

(I know this is not really a great success.....(dropping from a size 9 to a 7).....but this is HUGE HUGE HUGE in my books)

That IS a really great success !!! I'm trying to drop 2 sizes and can't wait to have the moment you just had... well done and you DO deserve to be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    This is a GREAT accomplishment for you! Don't trivialize it! You are the envy of many! Including me! I look forward to being "single digits" again some day.....

ENJOY!!!! (And go buy some more clothes!)
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    I think that makes you HER SKINNY FRIEND :drinker:
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks guys! My ultimate goal is size 5. Such a nice number :happy:

Good luck reaching all of your goals as well!!
  • sheyna1983
    Options

oh my gosh.....I didn't think of it that way!! LoL
  • mama050709
    mama050709 Posts: 100
    Options

oH YES! VERY TRUE!!! LOL YOU GO GIRL!! WTGGGG!! WOOOHOOOOO!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options

oH YES! VERY TRUE!!! LOL YOU GO GIRL!! WTGGGG!! WOOOHOOOOO!

This was my thought, too!!!!! Great job and , hey, going down 2 sizes is a huge success!!
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    Eeeek! U guys are making me even more happy about this! I didn't say anything to my "ex-skinny-now-same-size friend" at the time because I didn't think she would get why I was so excited.....but I'm so glad you guys do!! Woot for being as skinny as our "skinny friends"!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    That is a HUGE success and I'm so happy for you. . .I can't wait to get back into my 9's and then my 7's too. . .you ROCK!!!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Two sizes down is a great accomplishment! You have a right to be excited!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    In 25 pounds I went from a 10 to a 6. Yeah it doesn't sound huge but I've never been a size 6 before now. It really helps to keep us motivated when we can wear the smaller clothes and feel good about ourselves.
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    That is a HUGE success and I'm so happy for you. . .I can't wait to get back into my 9's and then my 7's too. . .you ROCK!!!

Thanks! You rock too! :drinker: U all do! :D
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    that is TOTALLY a huge deal! I think I might be getting there too... I used to wear size 14-12, and now my size 10 jeans that were too tight this past january are loose! I will try size 8 today and see how much farther I have to go... And all these smaller shirts I've held onto that never fit are now fitting!!! And I can wear belts now!!! One size is totally a huge thing to celebrate. Congratulations.
  • sheyna1983
    Options
    that is TOTALLY a huge deal! I think I might be getting there too... I used to wear size 14-12, and now my size 10 jeans that were too tight this past january are loose! I will try size 8 today and see how much farther I have to go... And all these smaller shirts I've held onto that never fit are now fitting!!! And I can wear belts now!!! One size is totally a huge thing to celebrate. Congratulations.

TY and OH my gosh that's fantastic!!! Great job! :drinker: :drinker:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That's soooo fun! I had this same experience the other day! Isn't it nice! I'll boast once I get to a 3/4! hehehe

I ordered some Aeropostale pants offline, but I bought a 7/8 instead of 9/10 because I've lost (then) 12ishlbs. I got them in the mail the next week, and to my surprise, they were too big! I took those back, and I reordered my clothes. I ordered a 5/6! I haven't been a 5/6 since I was a sophomore in college! This REALLY excited me! I wore the 5/6 pants last night to the movies, and after wearing for them a while, they were starting to gag! Maybe I'll be a 3/4 before I know it!!!!! (I'm extremely short, so I'm not skinny...)!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I went shopping with one of my "skinny friends" today to help her find an outfit for the Backstreet Boys Concert (.....I know...lol) and while she was trying on some short-shorts I found some pants in size 9 - I've been a size 9 forever and ever....I gain, I lose .....but I'm always a size 9 (sometimes a very loose size 9, sometimes a very tight size 9). Anyways, I put on the first pair....did them up, and they fell off :noway: soooo I was like "ok this store's sizing is wayyy off".....put on second pair .... fell off ... :drinker: ... k now I'm confused....

My "skinny friend" left a pair of short-shorts in the room she was trying on but got a different pair cuz these were a little tight on her .... they were a size 7 ... so I took a risk and tried them on.....THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a size 7!!!! Today rocks :love: :noway:

It is a success and a significant one at that!

WTG!! Excellent!!!
  • newfiegal75
    newfiegal75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    congrats :) rigtht now i'm a size 8 - 9 & i can't wait to be size 5 again :)
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    Options
    are you kidding? that's a huge success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!