Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fit into the same size as my skinny friend today!!

So I went shopping with one of my "skinny friends" today to help her find an outfit for the Backstreet Boys Concert (.....I know...lol) and while she was trying on some short-shorts I found some pants in size 9 - I've been a size 9 forever and ever....I gain, I lose .....but I'm always a size 9 (sometimes a very loose size 9, sometimes a very tight size 9). Anyways, I put on the first pair....did them up, and they fell off :noway: soooo I was like "ok this store's sizing is wayyy off".....put on second pair .... fell off ... :drinker: ... k now I'm confused....

My "skinny friend" left a pair of short-shorts in the room she was trying on but got a different pair cuz these were a little tight on her .... they were a size 7 ... so I took a risk and tried them on.....THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a size 7!!!! Today rocks :love: :noway:

(I know this is not really a great success.....(dropping from a size 9 to a 7).....but this is HUGE HUGE HUGE in my books)

Replies

• misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    that's Fabulous!!! I'm in the same spot as you and the day I put a 7 on will be a hapy happy day!
  • cleja90
    cleja90 Posts: 12
    That is amazing. Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • absofsteel
    absofsteel Posts: 48

(I know this is not really a great success.....(dropping from a size 9 to a 7).....but this is HUGE HUGE HUGE in my books)

That IS a really great success !!! I'm trying to drop 2 sizes and can't wait to have the moment you just had... well done and you DO deserve to be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • This is a GREAT accomplishment for you! Don't trivialize it! You are the envy of many! Including me! I look forward to being "single digits" again some day.....

ENJOY!!!! (And go buy some more clothes!)
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    I think that makes you HER SKINNY FRIEND :drinker:
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    :laugh: Thanks guys! My ultimate goal is size 5. Such a nice number :happy:

Good luck reaching all of your goals as well!!
  • sheyna1983

oh my gosh.....I didn't think of it that way!! LoL
  • mama050709
    mama050709 Posts: 100

oH YES! VERY TRUE!!! LOL YOU GO GIRL!! WTGGGG!! WOOOHOOOOO!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member

oH YES! VERY TRUE!!! LOL YOU GO GIRL!! WTGGGG!! WOOOHOOOOO!

This was my thought, too!!!!! Great job and , hey, going down 2 sizes is a huge success!!
  • sheyna1983
    Eeeek! U guys are making me even more happy about this! I didn't say anything to my "ex-skinny-now-same-size friend" at the time because I didn't think she would get why I was so excited.....but I'm so glad you guys do!! Woot for being as skinny as our "skinny friends"!!!!!! :drinker:
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    That is a HUGE success and I'm so happy for you. . .I can't wait to get back into my 9's and then my 7's too. . .you ROCK!!!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    That is awesome! Two sizes down is a great accomplishment! You have a right to be excited!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    In 25 pounds I went from a 10 to a 6. Yeah it doesn't sound huge but I've never been a size 6 before now. It really helps to keep us motivated when we can wear the smaller clothes and feel good about ourselves.
  • sheyna1983
    That is a HUGE success and I'm so happy for you. . .I can't wait to get back into my 9's and then my 7's too. . .you ROCK!!!

Thanks! You rock too! :drinker: U all do! :D
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    that is TOTALLY a huge deal! I think I might be getting there too... I used to wear size 14-12, and now my size 10 jeans that were too tight this past january are loose! I will try size 8 today and see how much farther I have to go... And all these smaller shirts I've held onto that never fit are now fitting!!! And I can wear belts now!!! One size is totally a huge thing to celebrate. Congratulations.
  • sheyna1983
    that is TOTALLY a huge deal! I think I might be getting there too... I used to wear size 14-12, and now my size 10 jeans that were too tight this past january are loose! I will try size 8 today and see how much farther I have to go... And all these smaller shirts I've held onto that never fit are now fitting!!! And I can wear belts now!!! One size is totally a huge thing to celebrate. Congratulations.

TY and OH my gosh that's fantastic!!! Great job! :drinker: :drinker:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    That's soooo fun! I had this same experience the other day! Isn't it nice! I'll boast once I get to a 3/4! hehehe

I ordered some Aeropostale pants offline, but I bought a 7/8 instead of 9/10 because I've lost (then) 12ishlbs. I got them in the mail the next week, and to my surprise, they were too big! I took those back, and I reordered my clothes. I ordered a 5/6! I haven't been a 5/6 since I was a sophomore in college! This REALLY excited me! I wore the 5/6 pants last night to the movies, and after wearing for them a while, they were starting to gag! Maybe I'll be a 3/4 before I know it!!!!! (I'm extremely short, so I'm not skinny...)!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    So I went shopping with one of my "skinny friends" today to help her find an outfit for the Backstreet Boys Concert (.....I know...lol) and while she was trying on some short-shorts I found some pants in size 9 - I've been a size 9 forever and ever....I gain, I lose .....but I'm always a size 9 (sometimes a very loose size 9, sometimes a very tight size 9). Anyways, I put on the first pair....did them up, and they fell off :noway: soooo I was like "ok this store's sizing is wayyy off".....put on second pair .... fell off ... :drinker: ... k now I'm confused....

My "skinny friend" left a pair of short-shorts in the room she was trying on but got a different pair cuz these were a little tight on her .... they were a size 7 ... so I took a risk and tried them on.....THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a size 7!!!! Today rocks :love: :noway:

It is a success and a significant one at that!

WTG!! Excellent!!!
  • newfiegal75
    newfiegal75 Posts: 8 Member
    congrats :) rigtht now i'm a size 8 - 9 & i can't wait to be size 5 again :)
  • wallena
    wallena Posts: 32
    are you kidding? that's a huge success. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!