I have desk job and very little time

13»

Replies

• mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Well, you already have two great excuses to guarantee not being successful but only if you use them as that. It does sound like you are really trying and putting in the effort, though.

In truth, you have the same amount of free time or maybe even more than many people here do, but they somehow find the time. It's really all about priorities, which is hard because we all have several things that are candidates for the top of our priority list, but if everything is a priority, then nothing really is. Weight loss and fitness are as much mental as they are physical. Start seeing yourself as fit in your mind, and you'll start making the small but cumulative choices toward your goals. I know it sounds like a kitchy motivational poster with believing in yourself and change from within, etc..., but that is exactly what works.

Hang in there and stay committed and change will come. I never thought I'd make the progress I made and am setting new goals now that would have been sheer total fantasy just a year ago.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Thanks a lot everyone.. I am feeling so much more motivated after reading the post. I am going to up both calorie intake and exercise and hope it works. May be getting up a little early and squeezing in 30 mins of workout before morning shower will help?

Many of us are busy and need to get up early before work to exercise. I am up just a little after five, at the gym by 5:30 a.m., for weights and running three days a week, and I walk the rest of the time. In other words/ I move every day no matter what my schedule is.

Since you work longer hors, mAke sure to exercise on you days off and maybe spend a lunch break or two walking.

Good luck, and congrats on you 1k lost.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    if you want it bad enough, you make time,
    I start at 4am.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Get up early. Stay up late. Whatever it takes. If you want this, you must make time. I work full time and have 5 kids. Talk about NO privacy. Sometimes I get up early; sometime I work out on my lunch; sometimes I tell the little buggers to leave me the heck alone for 5 minutes and go lift heavy stuff.

You can do it, OP. But you have to WANT it.
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    I actually woke up early today and sqeezed in a little cardio before shower. My roomies refuses to turn off lights even at 12.30am but inspite of that I managed to get up early and exercise.. Feeling really proud of myself.. :happy: Thanks a lot guys for all the support and also the scoldings.. :wink: But I am gonna try make up more time and work out..
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    I used to think that as well--BUT found the time to walk on my lunch breaks, walk up and down stairs on a break. Things like that--you will be surprised where you can sneak in a little exercise. I also kept a set of ankle weights at my desk to do leg lifts while I was working--then you can take one off and lift it will you are on the phone. SEE??? lots of ways to sneak in a little workout.

I love this! :drinker:
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    I used to tell everyone i had no time to go to they gym or exercise.
    Then i prioritised what i wanted out of life and i made time.
This discussion has been closed.