Exercising on Night Shifts!

Options
13»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Not feeling like doing anything isn't an excuse to not do anything. But hey, skipping one week of exercise never killed anybody so if you want to sleep for 16 hours a day for the next week go right ahead

Maybe our definitions of "excuse" are different.

I think you may want to do a bit of soul searching and figure out the difference between a "reason" and an "excuse". We all have excuses to not exercise, be it small children, homework, or crappy schedules. The way to make progress is to do it anyway. You can choose to or not, I don't really care either way. But, when someone is asking for help staying active, generally it's because they care and want to choose to work out. Or, maybe they just want to be told "oh, you poor dear, you don't have an ideal schedule". I have no idea.

Fine,

l8dncIT.png?2

Maybe you're right and my tone could be better. You should order this book about things that people use as excuses and perhaps you'll find the author's tone more pleasant than mine

No need to be a **** though is there! And just for the record I'm no where need fat, so joke's on you! And my post was about exercising on my one week of nights a month. On my days off I run 10 miles a day, plus my strength exercises, plus whatever else I do and in fact, why am I explaining myself to some loser over the internet (probably not in my country) who's probably way fatter than I'll ever be and who I'll never meet! So bye!

If you have it all figured out, why did you bother starting this thread? Dude was pretty helpful and honest, you just didn't want to hear it unless it was sugar coated. Though, I'm fat, so feel free to discount every thing I've said. It's certainly not like I have any experience with this. :flowerforyou:

For real, go running before your shift if you are too tired after. This doesn't always have to be so difficult.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to work out when I'm on night shifts. You end up going to the gym when no one else is there which is great.

Yep, this is true. When/if I ever switch to a day shift job, this will be the thing I'll miss about working nights the most.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Not feeling like doing anything isn't an excuse to not do anything.

Actually, not feeling like doing anything is definitionally an excuse for not doing anything...

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread... Holy *kitten*, lady! Seek therapy!
  • cmoore5106
    Options
    I have worked nights for about 2 years now and I find it difficult to get up early to workout, but I am too exhausted to workout in the morning when I get off. I'm guessing I will just have to suck it up and lose a couple hours of sleep?!
  • steviex_xo
    Options
    Ok, so to clear this up slightly! I'm actually quite a super nice (yes, really) and very active person in real life. Maybe I was a little harsh, but I did think people were being rude, and when looked at certain persons profile, they admit to being an 'evil troll', yet I was the one in the wrong, but I apologise to anyone offended! Thanks for all the replies.

My original plan: Was to be lazy, eat and go home and sleep and repeat.

My new plan: Stay active, take fruit to work, and run after work! Unless I get so super tired, I don't want to. I don't care if it is one day as I get quite grumpy after night shifts.

Thanks again everyone :)
  • steviex_xo
    Options
    I have worked nights for about 2 years now and I find it difficult to get up early to workout, but I am too exhausted to workout in the morning when I get off. I'm guessing I will just have to suck it up and lose a couple hours of sleep?!

I'm exactly this way, until about night three :)
This discussion has been closed.