What food can you not have in the house?

Options

Replies

• ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For me it's kettle cooked potato chips and Cheese-its. I can't just stop at a reasonable portion....I do not buy those at all anymore
  • missanguissette
    Options
    Poptarts [even if I SWEAR I will only eat a single pastry as a treat every now and then], wheat thins, cookies...it just doesn't work out well. Also pizza, gummy bears, any kind of fun sized candy bar or chocolate....

I just don't keep them in the house so I am not tempted. If I only stock somewhat healthy things, then I will eat those. Except I will go on a binge of healthy food, as well, so...meh.
  • missym13
    missym13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Anything in a large quantity. Like a whole cake or bag of something. I recently went to the store and saw that Entemann's bakery cakes were 2 for the price of one. I was thinking,when I was able to eat this..(younger and more active) it was always $5-$6 a single box. I started to think how much of a savings that was and almost caved. Then I realized, I was just finding a way to justify getting it home.Of course once in my pantry regretting the purchase and myself for concocting such an excuse. Now ,if I have the urge and feel I can fit a slice into my day...I purchase the single wrapped pieces. Then I wont have a whole cake whispering at me for the next few days or so ! ( You know they do!) So the answer for me would be large quantity of ANYTHING. Even ALMONDS! I can go through 25 in 10 minutes !
  • coldwishes
    Options
    Chocolate,crisps,cakes I don!t seem to be able to stop at one so not in my house

Exactly this! Anything sweet, especially chocolate.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Free from jam tarts - there are only a few brands i can eat and I've been known to eat two boxes in one go.
  • EllenKay63
    EllenKay63 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Brownies. I make a pan once a year and eat the whole thing in two days. Otherwise I'm in big trouble.
  • missym13
    missym13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's my problemo as well. If it's in a small amount ,I can stop there. If not,I am mindless.No Costco size bags/jars for for me...PERIOD! lol
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty defenseless against trail mix.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Leftover Italian food. There's something about cold pizza or lasagna that calls my name.
  • jcmoneyman
    jcmoneyman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Processed foods.

We did a pretty good job of getting rid of all those, "Easy to prepare" and instant food packages. Basically anything that has ingredients that we don't recognize or too far from the farm.

Now we keep it simple with fruits, veggies and meats

Is kinda funny seeing how empty the cabinet is vs. The fridge. ..lol
  • dichrodiva
    Options
    My weakness is bakery stuff. Breads, especially Swedish rye, Blueberry muffins, cookies etc. Just better not to have them handy. I do treat myself once in a while if I earn extra from exercise. A girl has to know her limitations!
  • SB926
    Options
    Banana Moon Pies and Oreos. Can pretty much resist just about anything but those.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty defenseless against trail mix.

yup. I just don't touch that stuff anymore
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    cheesecake.

and fresh baked cookies. gooooooeeeyyyyyy cookies :tongue:
  • pkul85
    pkul85 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nonni triple chocolate biscotti.
    You gotta tie my hands down .. otherwise im going to eat the whole box of 12 in one day!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nutella.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Crisps. Especially salt & vinegar, ketchup or salted.
    It's like the bag is full of Sirens and they're calling me...calling me to eat them all.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Crisps. Especially salt & vinegar, ketchup or salted.
    It's like the bag is full of Sirens and they're calling me...calling me to eat them all.

Haha a bag of sirens.. that's a funny way of putting it. so true!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I cant have peter pan creamy peanut butter in the house at all. Just passing it on the shelf and I picture myself eating out of the jar with a big spoon. Yummy. I have picked it up many times but when I turn it around and see all the fat grams in only 2 tablespoons I immediately put it back on the shelf. If I get any peanut butter for my hubbie then its got to be crunchy other brand cuz I hate crunchy. lol
  • SJBQ87
    Options
    Black licorice. That's a weird one, I know, since so many people hate licorice! I shouldn't have coffee ice cream in the house, either, but since I started this plan, I'm actually measuring my 1/2 cup serving and not having it every day, so maybe I can manage that one.