Keep up the good work all :)
  • fmax46
    fmax46 Posts: 20
    Options
    08/01- 215.8
    08/07- 210.6
    08/14- 208.8

Down 2lbs this week, 7lbs this month.

Not getting into the challenges yet and have to work on that although I am walking more at work - walking the longer route, to the office etc. Really concentrating on trying to make sure I take in enough calories as that has been my downfall in the past. I've definitely been eating more fruit.

Was doing well midweek - down 2 - then had biryiani. Love indian food but don't have it often and my sister was getting take out. Mind you I made sure i measured out a portion and just ate that. Stepping on the scales next day and seeing the damage it did, the rest is still in the fridge! It took me the rest of the week to get back to my Wed weight.

This week will be about planning out meals more and trying to get some exercise in.
  • fmax46
    Options
    Correction - that's down 1.8 this week.

08/01- 215.8
    08/07- 210.6
    08/14- 208.8

7lbs this month.
  • fmax46
    Options
    Correction - that's down 1.8 this week.

08/01- 215.8
    08/07- 210.6
    08/14- 208.8

7lbs this month.
  • shannon_miller
    Options
    Congrats to everyone so far, especially Lamb- goal met already! yay!

The pool party sure sounds like fun, its so hot here a pool sounds great!

off to wash the dog, hope everyone's having a good weekend
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Broke out the total gym....haven't used it in over 5 months since I started this whole thing, but since it was raining today and I just couldn't do Jillian today....I decided to use an old friend....took me longer to figure the dumb thing out again...but anyway...nice little workout....hope everyone is enjoying the weekend......great job to all the loser's who weighed in today....and wishing luck to those who didn't have such a great week.....talk to you all tomorrow!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    BMK Weekly Challenge starting tomorrow:
    Work out for a total of 7 hrs in all for the week, NOT including cleaning or shopping! :) Also, we will do a plank 3 days out of this week for at least one minute. (Some my have to be done at 15 sec intervals! These are tricky.) A basic plank can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiA9j-dR0oM&feature=related

And for our food challenge: 1 day needs to be carb free, as in bread, pasta, crackers.. You can still have ur granola bars, and fruit etc.

Have a great week all, and here's to low scale readings and measurements :drinker:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Checking in at 138.4, and I started at 141.8 on August 1st. 3.4 lb loss so far, and it's the middle of August. I'm really doing it! Thanks for the extra motivation! Need to lose 1.6 lbs to complete this month's challenge! Woohoo! Keep going everyone!!! :drinker:
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Work out for a total of 7 hrs in all for the week, NOT including cleaning or shopping! :) Also, we will do a plank 3 days out of this week for at least one minute. (Some my have to be done at 15 sec intervals! These are tricky.) A basic plank can be found here:

And for our food challenge: 1 day needs to be carb free, as in bread, pasta, crackers.. You can still have ur granola bars, and fruit etc.

Have a great week all, and here's to low scale readings and measurements :drinker:

This is going to be a great challenge! HARD, but good! I think if I can stick to this challenge it will put me at 5 pounds...I hope. LOL
    I weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to see!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options

NO CARBS FOR A DAY?? But... but... but.... :sad:
    In all seriousness, I have some blood sugar issues (that are pretty new to me) and may not be able to do this. I always feel kind of weird when I try to eat less carbs. I will try though!

I am happy about the 7 hour challenge. This is my week to get my butt back in the gym. I hope to kick butt on the 7 hours! I have never done planks before so I am looking forward to that. Great challenge!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs so far this month. I didn't loss a lb last week, but measured and lost 3 inches. Come on 3 more lbs.....It is going to happen!!!
  • tammie0610
    Options
    this is the first thread i have written in and i would love to be involved in this challenge.
    Cheers Tammie
    pretty pls feel free to add me as a friend.
  • YessySo1987
    Options
    I'm loving all the motivation this website gives people! I just started on here last week Monday on the site and looking forward to read everyones success stories and adding some of my own :-)
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Yeah so I havent lost anything.. I went down to 187 then back up to 188 then down to 187 and back to 188... Im watching what I eat and working out.. says Ive lost 6 inches and one pant size smaller but im not dropping the weight....
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    FINALLY starting to see the scales move! 0.6lbs...but it's better than nothing. Turns out I was eating too little. I used the recipe function to workout dinners and turns out everything I eat is about 200/300 calories less than I thought. So I was accidentally only eating about 900-1000cals:noway: Starvation mode!! It's all fixed now so hopefully can move forward :drinker:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, off to work.....love this weeks BMK challange but no (bad) carbs, are you kidding, ...that part is going to be hard but the rest sounds great....but I am up to the challange...talk to you all later....happy MONDAY!!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all!

Wow some of you are already at the 5 pound mark for the month. That is so awesome. You are dong great. Keep it up.

Here is the myth of the day....

THE MYTH:

YOU CAN "MAKE UP" WEEKEND SPLURGES

THE TRUTH:
    The two S-days represent about 30 percent of the week, so too many slip-ups will put you on bad terms with the scale. Case in point: Dieters in a 2008 study dropped pounds during the week, but stopped losing weight on the weekend because they ate too much. "By feasting on whatever you want on the weekend, you'll cancel out five days' worth of healthy eating," says Felicia Stoler, R.D., nutrition coordinator for the New York City Marathon.

When it comes to shedding pounds, consistency is key. "Aim to consume a similar number of calories on Tuesday as you would Saturday," says Stoler. She suggests weighing yourself Friday and again Monday. "Any weight gain is a sign you shouldn't have eaten the extra slice of pizza." To prevent bad choices, see "Survive the Weekend" (below).

SURVIVE THE WEEKEND
    Stay on track by avoiding diet traps.

THINK AHEAD
    When traveling to races, Stoler suggests bringing your own healthy edibles like oatmeal and trail mix.

WRITE IT DOWN
    Studies show that keeping a food journal can help you lose almost double the weight of nonwriters.

DON'T SKIP YOUR CHEERIOS
    Research suggests people who grab a hearty morning meal daily eat fewer calories later in the day.

GIVE IN
    Have a few treats during the week. "Once Saturday comes, you won't feel the desire to binge," says Stol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Terri
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    great tips Terri!