Beautiful Blues 7/31/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge37.jpg

Here it is! Our board for the week, I guess I ought to lay off the sweets...They are just tasting sooo good!! I read the book women food and god this week and in it she talks about permissive and restrictive personalities. I am definitely a permissive personality. I can talk myself into just about anything. Now to figure out how to not be too restrictive or too permisive and allow myself a little endulgence with out going overboard. Yet another part of learning about me I guess.

My daughter and I played in the pool for 2 hours yesterday! I ended up a little burned, I guess I missed with the sunscreen. That will teach me to put it on my back by myself. It was a ton of fun!

My goal this week to eat a vegie with every meal...and drink more water! I can't believe how many times I have craved something sweet and realized I am just thirsty! Lets bring it!!

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to get in more fruits and veggies. Hopefully I can go the week without eating out as well. Last week wasn't so good.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I love the goal of more fruits & veggies! I need to step it up there as well! Here's to a great week!

Let's make August, OUR month!! :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough couple of days but I'm getting everything back together now. We get internet hooked up on the 9th so it'll make checking in here a LOT easier! And at work, there's talk of giving me a raise already and I haven't even been there a full month! Yay!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Rach I am glad things are going well! I go crazy when I don't have internet so I can only imagine... Maybe I am addicted?? I have not been good with fruits and vegies yet, time to work on that today. My goal today is to get at least 4 servings...I can do it!!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

It's a new day, new week & new month!! Let's do this!!!

I'll be joining a new gym on Wednesday & I can't wait. My past workout center just shut down & I was able to try out some new classes at the new gym today! Seems like it's a better deal all around with lots more choices & options. It's a little further of a ride, but it'll be worth it!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again and am happy to say I got my exercise in at lunch today. Did a 3.3 mile run in the treadmill, for about 40 minutes with a 460 calorie burn.

Here's to making good choices all!
  • debnu1
    Options
    :noway: Having spaghetti squash spaghetti for lunch today. MMMMMM:love: If only I hadn't indulged in cookies while it was cooking..
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- More fruits and veggies sounds like a great goal to me! Awesome job on incorporating swimming into your day.

Sandy- I have let myself go, and I will be fessing up very soon, if this week I am not back to normal. Hehe.. I think there's a beauty though in being honest with ourselves. But the awesome thing is that we are on our way to greatness.

Randi- A loss is a loss, girl, and at this point, I would love to lose that.

Rach- so glad things are going great at your new job and that you are now with a more fixed routine.

Peter- How's it going?

Maneyes- the eating out is killing me as well. Time to go back to planning my meals and doing more logging.

Everyone, great job, let's make it a great week, by doing good things to our body each and every day.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am mostly attempting to swim, and it is for practice, I really enjoy it. Who knew, that I the water scaredy cat would start to enjoy swimming. The problem is that we have had thunderstorms almost everyday the last couple of weeks. Right about the time I could get out to swim. I swam in the rain once, but when it hailed today I figured I shouldn't stay out there. :tongue:

I couldn't believe how good the spaghetti squash tasted. I am going to have to buy many more. :bigsmile: I just ate it like regular spaghetti. Oh so good. My kids and I ate the whole thing, and wanted a little more it was soooo good!

I have a few quotes on my mirror and thought I would share them as they have to do with honesty.

To get anywhere in life you have to be dedicated and hard working cutting corners is the sure road to failure!

Be honest with yourself and your family. Don't lie by placing blame elsewhere.

Being Honest is telling the truth about strengths and weaknesses!

Have a great day! And remember you are worth it!:flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- Love those quotes about honesty, and lying will get us no where.

I went to sleep late last night doing chores, and during lunch time today got in 40 minutes in the elliptical.

Here's to great choices all.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Let's make August, OUR month!! :drinker:

I agree. Let's make good choices.

More work in the garage on the weekend and last week.
    Had some nice bbq's on the weekend, corn, chicken, ribs, sweet potato.

I have somewhat let myself go as well mayra. We (most of us) do this. We get complacent. We get comfortable in the amount of weight we've lost. We know where we were 1 year ago or so , and we know we're better off than we were 1 year.

As long as we're making good decisions, and learning new habits
    Here's to learning new habits in August.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry I've been mia. My boyfriend broke up with Monday night so I've been taking it really hard. Haven't been getting food or exercise in. All I want to do is stay at home and cry. I know that I have to be able to move on eventually but right now it hurts to even think about anyone else. I'm slowly feeling a bit better each day but I still have my moments.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Maneyes- So sorry to hear that. Is there any way you guys can do like couple counseling? Just wondering if there is a way to remedy it. Well, at this time, be kind to your body and be good to yourself. Crying always makes me feel better. I would direct my energy and pick up a hobby to keep my mind off things and include exercise as part of it. Hope things turn out for the best. :)
  • debnu1
    Options
    maneyes, I am so sorry! I agree with Mayra that you need to be kind to your body and be good to yourself. I have learned that even in the deepest despair you will come out on the other end. In fact the best way to get through it is to allow yourself to feel all those feelings. Remember that exercise will boost your spirits and help your body so set a small goal...5 minutes today is all you need. Then do ten minutes tomorrow. You can do anything for that amount of time. I also think that you can give yourself time to grieve. Don't think about dating or anyone else for now. Wait until you are ready.

Take care!

:flowerforyou:
  • MayLan
    Options
    HI buddies,

Got in my lunch exercise today and did 40 minutes in the treadmill at around 5.0 miles per hour.

Take care all!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see you guys are girls on here-I've barely been on --keep working hard!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hi Chrissy, hope all is going well! We miss you!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I completed my first spinning class today - holy cow!! I burned so many more calories in 45 minutes then I ever have!!

I can't wait to try it again - yup - I'm hooked!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Still here, just busy!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    hi all,

Sandy- I have yet to try a spin class, but sounds so much fun. Glad you're burning the calories.

I got in my lunch workout today and did 30 minutes in treadmill and 8 minutes in the gym bike. Was thinking of going to Barnes and noble to read books, but instead convinced myself to go to the gym after seeing you all working out.

Take care!!