over training- Matt damon 4 hr a day workout for Elysium

Options
2»

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    But it sounds like Damon didn't take any days off, and hit it hard for 4 hrs a day.....sounds like that would be overtraining to me?

I work out 2-3+ hours every day, save one rest day, and I'm fine. I've been doing it for quite a while with no ill effects. If I wasn't eating at a deficit and I had the guidance/supervision of a trainer, nutritionist, and doctor, I'm sure I could put out 4 hours a day. Are Olympic athletes overtraining? Likely not. Whether your exercise can be considered overtraining is highly dependent on your fitness level, eating, and sleeping habits.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    It's dam near impossible to overtrain. It's easy to under eat and under sleep.
    Truth.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It's dam near impossible to overtrain. It's easy to under eat and under sleep.
    Truth.

truthx2
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    But it sounds like Damon didn't take any days off, and hit it hard for 4 hrs a day.....sounds like that would be overtraining to me?
    sounds like the sort of thing any pro or elite athlete does.

overtraining by and large is a myth.

The ONLY way to actually overtrain is to have a stupid template where you push the same movement patterns into overload daily over the course of weeks. But thats the key, pushing to OVERLOAD.

Consider people working out in the oilpatch doing heavy labour. They are working out 60+ hours a week doing exercise that is harder than what 99% of the people on this board do for their workout. But because it's the same old thing everyday and no overload, then it's just routine. No biggie. Eat like a horse, sleep lots, and they get through it no problem.