Cottage Cheese

Options

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Pour maple syrup into it and mix it up. Delicious!
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Blending cottage cheese is fantastic! It can easily be substituted for sour cream :) Very similar. I like to mix half a packet of hidden valley ranch and some garlic powder in a 16 oz container of cottage cheese. Delicious, and would be awesome as a veggie dip. I think there's some good recipes online for a super low fat and inexpensive ranch dressing using pureed cottage cheese. The others that posted about jello are absolutely right! It's delicious and super easy. Just mix a packet in some cottage cheese, add some fruit if ya like, and you have a yummy sweet treat!
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Salsa :)
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    I like applesauce mixed in with it.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I combine a 1/2 bar of nonfat cream cheese, 1 cup of nonfat cottage cheese, herbs on hand (parsley usually), a clove of garlic, some scallion tops and and salt and pepper in the food processor.

Great dip or sandwich spread.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all the great ideas, mine have been all said so I'll just try some new ones ;)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    This may sound gross but I put 1/4 cup into maple brown sugar oats revolution oatmeal (100 calorie pack). You can't taste it and it adds some protein. And it cools down your oatmeal so you can eat it right away! Some strawberries and almonds and its a yummy breakfast!

I do the same thing! Love it that way!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas!

My go-to is cottage cheese on a bed of lettuce, topped with chopped tomatoes. Growing up, my mom and siblings preferred cottage cheese topped with fruit cocktail instead of tomato.
  • breanazank
    Options
    I used to love CC!
    I prefered it simple with just a dash of pepper.

But I also added fruit and cinn. for sweet, and for savory I typically added cucumber, lemon juice, and greek seasoning
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with shredded chicken and celery rolled up in a whole wheat tortilla MMMMmmmmm!!! If your feeling it maybe throw in a little Frank's!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    2 things I've started adding cottage cheese to:

1) Protein shakes. 1/2 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 banana, big handful of berries, big handful of spinach. One of the fruits usually frozen to make the shake cold. Blend. Makes 2 servings.

2) With Egg Beaters. I mix 6 Tbsp. Egg Beaters, 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 T parmesan cheese, bacon, old bay, and make an omelet.

These 2 together have been my breakfast of late. A little sweet, a little savory. A lot YUM.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with those single serving dole fruit cups :) had that for breakfast this morning!! YUM
  • grabista
    grabista Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like putting cottage cheese on a slice of whole wheat toast and topping it with blueberries, strawberries and cinnamon. Delicious!! :)
  • shellymkmatthews
    Options
    Its great on a baked potato. Use in place of sour cream.
  • _namaste_
    Options
    I defrost a third of a cup of frozen raspberries quickly and mix with 3/4 cup cottage cheese. AMAZING. Eat this most days.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Crusader_82
    Options
    I mix it with garlic salt, sunflower seeds, and black pepper.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I put a handful of blueberries in my cottage cheese, it's delicious :smile:
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit weird, but I love putting nutritional yeast & salsa on it, with lots of black pepper. YUM!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I dont eat meat, so as an experiment I stirred some into some left over stir fry for a protein add. It was delicious.