Getting offended too easily?

Options
124»

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's cause everyone suggested that gettin down with scrubs was the solution. no one seems to want to use sex to solve their "he doesn't pay enough attention to me" problems. oh well, more for me.
    You mean people like to feel valued for being more than just a sex "vending machine"? :huh: Balderdash, I say.

They make vending machines for that?

*reaches in pocket for quarters*
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's cause everyone suggested that gettin down with scrubs was the solution. no one seems to want to use sex to solve their "he doesn't pay enough attention to me" problems. oh well, more for me.
    You mean people like to feel valued for being more than just a sex "vending machine"? :huh: Balderdash, I say.

They make vending machines for that?

*reaches in pocket for quarters*
    Only in Zurich, and you have to be in a car. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/29/drive-in-sex-boxes-prostitution-zurich-switzerland_n_2211525.html
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    This topic keeps coming up. All I can say to anyone, man or woman, who never compliments his or her spouse is: Someone else -at work or elsewhere - might be complimenting your spouse and eventually, your spouse may be receptive to those compliments.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

LOL. right. that's definitely what I meant.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I ran this topic past my husband, and he agreed that the OP's husband wasn't trying to offend her, but was opening up about a fantasy he would like her to try.

I wish she hadn't deactivated. Outside if the school-yard antics on this thread, there's so pretty decent responses she should consider.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I find it ridiculous when guys can't seem to just compliment their women a couple times per day because they are "men of few words." That excuse would really irritate the hell out of me. If he can talk, then he can do it. It's asking for so little to make her happy, which is all he really needs to understand. Same thing goes for women who should also do little things to make their men happy, especially if it's something small and basically effortless. None of this is that complicated.

Sammiches, beer and none of that "let's talk" stuff during football games . . .

lol ok, that stuff I will agree with. :)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I ran this topic past my husband, and he agreed that the OP's husband wasn't trying to offend her, but was opening up about a fantasy he would like her to try.

I wish she hadn't deactivated. Outside if the school-yard antics on this thread, there's so pretty decent responses she should consider.

I also asked my man friend and he said the same. I feel bad because she probably needed to hear it in a gentler way (maybe on her own page?) but I think there may be a piece of the puzzle missing if her husband is really that lacking in providing her the validation she needs. kind of a bummer, I hope her self esteem and self worth improve.
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    You're making it into something it isn't.

In fact, go buy some scrubs and surprise him.

This!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Scrubs are a turn on? Who knew. Apparently he doesnt work at a hospital like I do. Nothing sexy about them. But they sure do come in handy for a quick get up and go to work day.:huh:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    But they sure do come in handy for a quick

I so thought you were going to go somewhere else with that one...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This is probably a riveting thread, but can a brother get some cliff notes?

Cliff Notes: Women are different then men. OP got feelings hurt because husband think scrubs are hot and OP doesn't wear scrubs. OP posted in forums about hurt feelings because of husband, OP got feelings hurt by strangers, OP deactivated.

Bottom line:

tumblr_inline_miw8roirC51qz4rgp.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I definately see why it would bother you but maybe turn it around and pickup some cheap second hand scrubs, role play and rock his world. He will be thinking only of you when he sees scrubs from then on!
    Yup. Winning.