Progress pics for my own friggin motivation lol...

Options

Replies

• fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    that's such great progress. fantastic work and good luck on ur journey!!
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    seriously!!!! look what you have already achived!!!! you go girl!!!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    awesome! you got to ONEderland and you look amazing! look at the differences - your whole lower body, your chin, face, rib/stomach area. wow - amazing changes!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats you have done an amazing job so far!! You can lose the last 12 lbs by your birthday!!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You are doing great!!
  • lsfurniss
    Options
    I have only just started , but reading your story and seeing your amazing pics - gives me such a big incentive to really go for it. Well done you.:happy:
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have only just started , but reading your story and seeing your amazing pics - gives me such a big incentive to really go for it. Well done you.:happy:

Thank you so much! I am always looking on the success stories when I feel unmotivated or feel like giving up, so I'm so grateful that you think that of my own progress! You can do it, reach out if you need to talk to someone, it has helped me so much when I was down or hard on myself! You can do this!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    I also see an amazing transformation in your pictures! Wow! You have done so well! You are motivating me, too. I will be doing Turbo Jam starting tomorrow morning (again). :wink:
    Linda

Hey you! Thank you so much! I love Turbo Jam! I am thinking of doing some sort of Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire hybrid after I complete the Turbo Fire in 3 weeks! :) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Diana
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    wow - you are doing awesome! I too started to lose weight finally taking it seriously just before my 40th birthday, and my first goal was 40lb too. I did it(though I did SW) and I've lost more than another 30 since, and kept it off. I'll be 43 in a couple of weeks (eek!)
    Try to changing your diet a bit. I find adding in more beans and berries and melon can help boost my loss.

Thanks! And congrats on your own loss!

I am working on changing my diet actually, I've looked up and printed out a bunch of new recipes to try. I've decided since the family doesn't want to purposely eat healthy with me, to make it easier on me to make sure I eat healthier, I am going to work on our family meals in small ways, when recipes call for milk going to change to skim or try almond milk or something, lol, cut out cooking with butter, etc. If I do it and don't say anything, they might not even notice many of the changes if I ease them in there slowly. ;) The hardest part for me is cooking 2 different meals some days, so I end up with a sort-of healthier dinner but not as healthy as my lunch can be when I'm at home alone eating lunch by myself because everyone is at school or works day shift.

I can't do beans...well I can, but they don't agree with my stomach well, at least certain ones. I don't like melons either unfortunately. I've tried, but I can't make myself eat them, but I am definitely making some changes every week and growing and learning! I used to think I'd starve on healthy eating, but turns out I can eat a lot more if I cut out some things. I'm not a huge bread eater anyway, so I have been cutting out buns on burgers, and cooking with the leanest burger meat or sometimes turkey burgers when I can get them on sale (tight budget this time of year for our family), and who knew those little changes wouldn't even be noticed much! :)

Thanks again and congrats to your own successes!! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options

You and are actually very much alike! I am the same height, and I started out at 228.4lbs...and I am only about 18 months younger than you are! No matter what, be proud of what you have accomplished! Don't worry about the shrinking boobs, I have gone from a 42DD to a 38C, but they look better!

I started my journey in February 2012, and I started taking pictures in March or April. I have only lost about 37lbs, but pretty much every month, on the same day, I take pictures in the same clothes as one of my before pics so I can see my progress. Here are some of mine from last year.

9771335486_4b7da66b36.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I actually take new ones any time I find myself feeling bad about the way I look :D Usually I can find some small change to cheer myself up.

Don't forget about the NSVs ( non scale victory/validation) either. I have had several people at the gym come up to me and tell me that they can see that my body has changed, gotten tighter. The other day, I was trying to do sprints, and my yoga pants kept sliding down?!? Yesterday I helped at a boy scout event, and as we were cleaning up, I picked up a canopy and carried it across a field with no issue--another mom was going to drag it.

ETA: the bottom right picture is from March of this year, about a month after i started working with a PT.

You're doing great! And funny thing is to add to the similarities, I also started at 42DD, lol. So far I've only gone down to 42D, but when you've been DD for so long, it seems so small to get to D, I'm sure I'll end up at C or smaller, I was C in college and a little after before I really gained some weight. ;)

I was in a challenge group and we had to take our pics every 30 days, and I took them in the same clothes, but it wasn't the same as this first day, but I loved seeing the difference, but the pants are now fitting weird and actually make me look bigger because they hang funny on me now, lol. Ive decided I want to keep taking pics in this tank top at least and maybe the pants too but the pants were baggy to begin with so not sure you could see difference if I wore the pants. I should try taking pics every time I feel bad about myself too, see if that helps to compare. My fiance made me do the one in the white shirt when I hit the 90 day mark because I thought I didn't make much change in the past 90 days, I mean I lost but I couldn't see it, so he said then maybe I need to compare it to day 1 from my journey, not just the 90 day challenge, to see how far I came and I was so happy to see changes! So I might have to try doing that when I feel bad, thanks for the idea. :)

I've only had a couple of NSVs, one was just the other day, my step-mom's friend who I hadn't seen in a few months, had said she noticed that I lost weight. Aside from my immediately family, no one has ever just come up to me and said that, so it was so good to hear!! After 8 full months I was starting to wonder if anyone noticed! My fiance always says he does, but I also tell him that he has to say that because he's being supportive, lol. He also says to people before anyone would have a chance to say anything "doesn't she look great? She's lost almost 30 pounds!" He's very proud of me (I'm proud of me, too) and so then I feel like people HAVE to say something because he put them on the spot, so having that woman tell me without him saying something first made me feel great after 8 months of working at losing and having no one openly just say something to me.
    The other NSV's have been clothing fit related, stuff I couldn't wear for a few yrs that I hung on to now fit and some of those are a little loose now, and a dress I bought 2 yrs ago on vacation that I never wore, still has the tag on it, is now LOOSE. The last NSV was that I went through my whole closet and all the dressers and got rid of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. then I realized I don't have much to wear hahaha.

Thanks again and good luck on your continued progress!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss to date, certainly can see it :) I agree with the family snaps this year :) they will be different :)

I can't wait to reach onederland!!!! My next goal is coming up, 4 more pounds and then onederland is calling my name :)

Thanks so much! And I definitely can't wait to see the family pics this year now, hehe.

4 lbs from Onederland! Woohoo! So close you can almost touch it!! You will get there for sure!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Way to go, girl! You look great!:flowerforyou: You sound very determined, this is the exact attitude that brings results. I am positive you can lose the rest too! You are going to love axing the Xs:laugh: . You'll see how C25K is going to speed up the trimming process! Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing your future pictures.:heart:

Thank you! and I hope it will definitely add to it! It absolute can't hurt right? :) The best part of the C25K for me is that my fiance and all 3 kids are doing it with me, its the first time my whole family is WANTING to do something healthy WITH me, not just cheering me on from the sidelines. :) Thanks again!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Don't give up - you are on the way! Well done!! There is a skinny person in there xx

Yes there is! She's been waiting a long time and she's ready to come out and play! :) Thank you! I will get there and then pass that goal to an even bigger one! :) Thank you so much!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    If I missed anyone, sorry, and thank you so much for all the encouraging words, a few tips were thrown in there too that I liked! Thanks and best wishes to everyone working towards their goals!
  • willial2310
    Options
    Don't give up you are doing so good and you don't have far to go now. Your family will be so surprized when they see you at Christmas. I am getting started and hope to be right there with you losing those pounds and keeping them off :) blessings
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and thank you for sharing your story. I like these types of success stories where you hear about the beginning the middle and the end not just photos and thats it.

You look amazing. Well done
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    This is awesome and thank you for sharing your story. I like these types of success stories where you hear about the beginning the middle and the end not just photos and thats it.

You look amazing. Well done

I like those kinds too. Thank you!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Don't give up you are doing so good and you don't have far to go now. Your family will be so surprized when they see you at Christmas. I am getting started and hope to be right there with you losing those pounds and keeping them off :) blessings

I'm definitely not giving up, you all have gave me an extra push to keep going with all your kind words and encouragement!

I can't wait to see the Christmas pics this year, too! :) You WILL be right there with me!! Blessings to you!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

You and are actually very much alike! I am the same height, and I started out at 228.4lbs...and I am only about 18 months younger than you are! No matter what, be proud of what you have accomplished! Don't worry about the shrinking boobs, I have gone from a 42DD to a 38C, but they look better!

I started my journey in February 2012, and I started taking pictures in March or April. I have only lost about 37lbs, but pretty much every month, on the same day, I take pictures in the same clothes as one of my before pics so I can see my progress. Here are some of mine from last year.

9771335486_4b7da66b36.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I actually take new ones any time I find myself feeling bad about the way I look :D Usually I can find some small change to cheer myself up.

Don't forget about the NSVs ( non scale victory/validation) either. I have had several people at the gym come up to me and tell me that they can see that my body has changed, gotten tighter. The other day, I was trying to do sprints, and my yoga pants kept sliding down?!? Yesterday I helped at a boy scout event, and as we were cleaning up, I picked up a canopy and carried it across a field with no issue--another mom was going to drag it.

ETA: the bottom right picture is from March of this year, about a month after i started working with a PT.

You're doing great! And funny thing is to add to the similarities, I also started at 42DD, lol. So far I've only gone down to 42D, but when you've been DD for so long, it seems so small to get to D, I'm sure I'll end up at C or smaller, I was C in college and a little after before I really gained some weight. ;)

I was in a challenge group and we had to take our pics every 30 days, and I took them in the same clothes, but it wasn't the same as this first day, but I loved seeing the difference, but the pants are now fitting weird and actually make me look bigger because they hang funny on me now, lol. Ive decided I want to keep taking pics in this tank top at least and maybe the pants too but the pants were baggy to begin with so not sure you could see difference if I wore the pants. I should try taking pics every time I feel bad about myself too, see if that helps to compare. My fiance made me do the one in the white shirt when I hit the 90 day mark because I thought I didn't make much change in the past 90 days, I mean I lost but I couldn't see it, so he said then maybe I need to compare it to day 1 from my journey, not just the 90 day challenge, to see how far I came and I was so happy to see changes! So I might have to try doing that when I feel bad, thanks for the idea. :)

I've only had a couple of NSVs, one was just the other day, my step-mom's friend who I hadn't seen in a few months, had said she noticed that I lost weight. Aside from my immediately family, no one has ever just come up to me and said that, so it was so good to hear!! After 8 full months I was starting to wonder if anyone noticed! My fiance always says he does, but I also tell him that he has to say that because he's being supportive, lol. He also says to people before anyone would have a chance to say anything "doesn't she look great? She's lost almost 30 pounds!" He's very proud of me (I'm proud of me, too) and so then I feel like people HAVE to say something because he put them on the spot, so having that woman tell me without him saying something first made me feel great after 8 months of working at losing and having no one openly just say something to me.
    The other NSV's have been clothing fit related, stuff I couldn't wear for a few yrs that I hung on to now fit and some of those are a little loose now, and a dress I bought 2 yrs ago on vacation that I never wore, still has the tag on it, is now LOOSE. The last NSV was that I went through my whole closet and all the dressers and got rid of stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. then I realized I don't have much to wear hahaha.

Thanks again and good luck on your continued progress!

it definitely feels good when someone randomly walks up to you and tells you how great you are doing! I have had a handful of people at the gym ,who have never said Hi to me, randomly walk up to me and tell me that THEY have seen how hard I am working, and that it IS paying off!

Not to get all weird and religious on people, but sometimes I think that God puts people in our path to give us the lift we need. I've had several times when I felt horrible, like I hadn't made much progress, and that is when people come up to me and tell me how great I am looking and how they can see the changes. Twice in the last month, I have run into male friends I haven't seen in a while, both of them have given me huge hugs and said " OMG! you look great!".
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT! You can really, really see the difference.

Thanks for posting & congrats on being engaged! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!