Please!!! I'm getting so fed up

Options

Replies

• DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I generally do 4 days per week plus being at work. So I should eat between these numbers?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Yeah, even changing up the exercise numbers, your TDEE still comes out around 1600....
    So try a couple months coming in around 1500.....
    Keep your protein up, and carbs/fats in check

See what happens.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    But remember......treat those calculator numbers as "ideas"......just to get you going in the right direction.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I was on 1500...zero happened! What about cheat meals? I tend to eat out/drink socially on weekends.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I was on 1500...zero happened! What about cheat meals? I tend to eat out/drink socially on weekends.
    then plan those cal in ahead of time. then you can cheat but still be around your daily goals
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    How long should I be waiting to see some sort of loss?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    By what I generally see with everyone that does a diet/lifestyle change...
    60 - 90 days.

Gives the body time to adapt and start cleaning itself out....since people who are doing this, are beginning to add in healthier foods...like veggies.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to go back to test-weighing everything. I've found in the past that one of my failings was to start operating 'by eye'. That way lies failure. I did notice that you had in there 20 grapes at something like 50g. whoever created that must have been talking about some very small grapes. Maybe the foods you are choosing from the net, being member submitted, are actually inaccurate?

You're safe in the arms of the laws of physics. You cannot be an exception to the 'calories in minus calories used equals calories saved' equation. this can only mean one of 2 things:

1. you're losing the weight but something in your body is masking it;
    2. the calculations are wrong: either the system is calculating the calories used by you in exercise wrongly somehow, or your kitchen scales are off, or you've started 'guestimating' and been getting it a bit wrong.

I looked at your bmr calculator and got 1211 cals a day if you don't get out of bed. I guess a tiny person like you is going to use fewer calories when you exercise. But I still would have thought you'd be coming in at over 1700 for maintenance. how much exercise do you do in a day?
  • kingdonle
    kingdonle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I saw a big difference from interval training. I've upped my cals so that I'm only seeing a minimal deficit from my TDEE. As a result I'm only seeing half a lb off every week. With another 30lbs to go it's frustrating as I know I could lose it quicker at a weightloss class but I've been there so many times and the fat has just piled back on. Stick with it hun. I have an all inclusive booked for October - eek! It's so easy to just join everyone else and eat whatever.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    50g is actually 10'grapes....I halved it...so 10 grapes is 50g and not 20! I pretty much weigh everything I eat using a digital scale.

As a PE teacher I'm on my feet quite a bit of the day. When I I exercise I will do warm up jog for half a mile then heavy lifting with short intense cardio after, or spinning, 5k run etc. training around 4 days per week. I play netball once a week too. According to my hrm which has a new battery, I'm burning aroundb300-400 calories per session. My heart rate sits above 125bmp wi a lot of the time it being over 150bpm.

Thanks Laura. What do you do for your interval training!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Maybe you need to visit a doctor, see if something is out of whack?

Also, what is your MACRO breakdown for your calories?
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    You are on maintenance...right?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats

That is a decent balance.
    That is what you are hitting?

Maybe on rest days, drop carbs.....maybe around 10%
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I'm not sure what maintenance is for me as I've lowered cals and still not lost.

I'm nearly there with my macros.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Do you take a day or two to let your body rest?
    On those days, consume few calories?
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I do have 2-3 rest days. How low should I go on cal consumption then?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    You could try 10 - 20% below your TDEE
    See if that works......and drop carbs, and you elevate your fats some on those days.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    ummmmm... mitymax, up until a couple hours ago you thought all dietary fats were bad. I find it pretty odd that you are now going and recommending that someone increase their fat intake. maybe we could not offer advice to very frustrated people if we are not 100% on our knowledge of food and nutrition? thanks.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    ummmmm... mitymax, up until a couple hours ago you thought all dietary fats were bad. I find it pretty odd that you are now going and recommending that someone increase their fat intake. maybe we could not offer advice to very frustrated people if we are not 100% on our knowledge of food and nutrition? thanks.

I am offering up advice on changing some things that have not been working.
    And I have not been anti-fat.
    I just encourage your healthy fats....avocados, salmon, tuna, nuts....things of that nature.

And I also recommend that she lower her carbs on the rest days where she ups her fats.